Demon | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Demon

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by wings, Jan 16, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    To get the viper alive they need to get anew engine maybe develop a great engine use its fiat connections and then improve build quality ...
    And I have a viper since new a 97 GTS blue w white stripes bad but not built worth a Dam

The demon is a whole different audience and they should not sell a bunch because it is probably a difficult car..

2. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
  3. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Incredible car and achievement. Dodge has some big balls! I love my Hellcat and if I'm lucky enough to get a Demon it will get driven all the time. I am first on my dealers list and supposedly will sell at MSRP. He did sell me my Hellcat at MSRP when so many other dealers were charging ADM's.

Can't wait!

4. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    Hats off to Dodge for having the balls to do this!!

5. howydo

howydo Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2009
    I think there will be more teenage pimple faced boys than "hot chicks" who want to ride in the demon . Most "hot chicks" will have zero idea what the demon is. My experience is that woman like good looking cars and could care less about performance. In fact most "hot chicks" could care less about cars in general ..

6. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    I just got caught up about the Demon and I think it is awesome!

I'm not big on technology for HP, I come from the just go with more cubic inches school. But using the A/C to cool the supercharger is brilliant.

Some great pictures here:

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/auto/2018-dodge-challenger-srt-demon/preview/

If I were ordering one I would go with the single seat, order the performance crate, and any other performance options. I would not take any comfort options. I wouldn't even take the 900 watt stereo. Would probably go with red with the black stripe from the hood to the trunk, or maybe just the hood and the roof if available that way.

Would like to have seen an analog instrument package, something really raw. Just a wall of gauges down the center.

7. JBsZ06

JBsZ06 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Hellcat lease deals are 1500 down 499 a month out in California right now....

The demons cool but you can now buy brand new hellcats for 10 grand off...

I'd buy the hellcat over the demon...

If I wanted to own either one of them...

They are awesome...but I tend to like two seat sports cars a little more...

Multiple car ownership...

The hellcat is the one to buy right now..

Jmo

8. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    I love it! U S A

9. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    #84 ralfabco, Apr 21, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Wait just a few years, and you will be able to find an adult owned one-owner unmodified Hellcat cream puff with just under 1000 miles, for the bottom 30's. I assume the Hellcat will eventually settle in with the current used ZL-1 values. The early ZL-1's have lost a lot of resale value.

Quite a few Hellcats were put away as 'investments ;).' After the Demon was released, some of the owners have already been looking for the lifeboats. Have you seen the asking price for a perfect 2014-2015 Z-28 with less than 1,000 miles and no track time ? Why rush. All of these cars will continue to depreciate.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Whats the z28 price these days?

11. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    I want a no air car :D.

A few weeks ago a Chevy dealer had a 600 mile car with no track time and no air - asking 43.5K. It was a black car. I prefer white but really don't care all that much for a specific exterior color. Although I am convinced red is just for F cars.

He sent me detailed pics of the bottom of the car. It was perfect - no road rash under the chassis and no mods. I offered 39K, but he did not counter my cheap ass cash offer. I have no reason to run after any no-air 'cream puff' car with limited buyers.

In February, I noticed a 70 mile white no air car, at a Chevy dealer. Asking 49.9K. Owner of the dealership did not counter my cheap offer. I am in no hurry.

These were both 2015 cars. The depreciation curve will continue to favor the buyers. I like the looks of the car and prefer the non-video game dash, of the 14-15 Z-28 and it's hard core approach.

12. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    I tried to buy a new Hellcat last weekend. Car is a 2016 with 10 miles (or that is what it had before my test drive). They are offering 6K and change off MSRP. I offered 8K and change off and they didn't counter. The issue (the way I look at it) is that this is about to be a 2 year old car, and subject to 2 years of depreciation. According to NADA, that amounts to about 20K on the Hellcat. Given that I can either buy a 2017 at 3K off, or get an early 2018 allocation (probably at close to sticker), the financially sensible move is to buy the 2018 (because I think this will be a 2 year car for me, and I am trying to minimize the entertainment dollars spent).

13. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Very true but in the meantime you're not enjoying the car.

14. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    true

I try to purchase ten year old or older low mile fun cars.

15. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Great post and so true

Lee

16. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    Has anyone here signed a contract for one yet? I'm curious what the actual selling price will be. With so many people frothed up over it you know the dealers will be gouging.

17. ForzaV12

ForzaV12 Formula 3

Sep 15, 2006
    Laguna Niguel
    Full Name:
    Steve
    A friend just ordered one, sticker plus 5k "convienence" fee

18. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
  19. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    Got a text from my buddy who I am going in on a Demon with. He spoke with the dealer this morning, and was told that ours would be one of the first produced.

May be dealer bs, but for those in the Dallas area, we know DRYHOLE gets his hands on the latest-greatest most of the time.

Can't wait to put some skinnies on the front end, and head to the 1/8th mile strip north of Denton. Good training before attacking the 1/4 mile in Ennis at the Texas Motorplex.

Never got over the smell of burning rubber.

20. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    No one has "Ordered" one yet as the order banks aren't open. Maybe he is first on his dealers list to order one once the order banks open. The sticker price hasn't even been announced.

21. ForzaV12

ForzaV12 Formula 3

Sep 15, 2006
    Laguna Niguel
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Well, he selected color combo, tool kit,etc and paid a deposit. They told him 89k,i believe.

22. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    Same for ours,

23. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Again they have not placed an order with Dodge. They have given money to a dealer to be able to place an order with Dodge once the order banks open. No one knows the price yet, typical dealer bull****.

Tell me the dealership I would love to call them. LOL

24. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    time to run automotive news out of business. dont buy that POS. that smells like a nader corpse

25. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    "Convenience" eh? I love it.
    I'd have thought more.