DeMuro on which cars will go down in price, calls out special edition Ferraris | Page 3 | FerrariChat

DeMuro on which cars will go down in price, calls out special edition Ferraris

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by sixcarbs, May 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Think he is dead on, with respect to some/most of the 911s. Glad I sold my non-running, beater 1993 C4 for pretty nice money a few years back.

2. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    The think I like about Doug's prognostications is he does inject a healthy dose of 'maybe.' I think he makes it very clear these are just his opinion and he could be wrong.

HH11, Natkingcolebasket69 and David_S like this.
  3. jjtjr

jjtjr Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    john truskowski
    While I'm sure Doug does his fair share of face to face with owners, and I have to admit I have seen most of his vids on Ferraris, I still think in my mind that he is taking a lot of his info from reading what is out there about exotics and relaying it in his vids. His review on the 355 as his favorite Ferrari "almost" reveals some topics that most 355 owners can agree on, but then he talks about the exploding engines and OMG that dreaded engine out every year! He should know that the info out there about these is biased by some owners and ex-owners who had a bad experience with a neglected car, and/or maybe a tortured car. If he was more in touch with the "masses", I think he would be able to point out that there are a good many examples out there that are fairly reliable (for a Ferrari) cars and that most Ferraris of the period all required engine outs.

paulchua likes this.
  4. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I had many of the same thoughts here. However, I think Doug's schtick is to be closer to the 'everyman.' An engine out that costs 5K-10K every 5 years is to very many people 'out of reach.' Yes, valve guides are a 'one and done', but exhaust headers can be an on-going problem. My buddy is on his 4th set now.

To us, no big deal, and if anything shows how we are a blessed bunch.

tomc, Themaven and Frontv12 like this.
  5. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Doug’s not really a Ferrari guy.
    His 360 ownership tales were pretty underwhelming...then he did a comparison between it and a Cayman and leaned towards the Cayman. He’s just not that into Ferrari’s.

6. GH13

GH13 Karting

Apr 26, 2019
    Just realized what I liked about the 3000GT.

If you squinted hard enough, you could say it reminded you of a Ferrari from the outside!

7. MitchellC

MitchellC Rookie

Mar 31, 2015
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell
    I don’t have a dog in the fight, but I am curious about the US exotic car market size, the injection rate of special cars into the marketplace, and the attrition of old vehicles.

I suspect that the lifespan of exotics is quite a bit longer than a run-of-the-mill passenger vehicles. As the exotic car population grows, are these vehicles being absorbed by an expanding market size or are collection sizes increasing?

I wasn’t paying attention in 2007 - 2009. What happened then?

Texas Forever likes this.
  8. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I am back, I am by some standards considered handicapped (imagine that), and I think most of the people who do the banning stuff know what I am. I think they realize I mean no harm but I don't always have a filter. There are times I avoid everyone for days or weeks when normal human behavior is too annoying for me to tolerate. That's why I only live with dogs, a lot of dogs. It is unfortunate that in these days or technology any idiot with a camera can be well known. There are many things about progress that makes me wish for rotary phones, and that is one of them.

Texas Forever likes this.
  9. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    My grandmother had a black one that weighed a ton. Whenever it rang, she would proudly announce herself.

Carnut likes this.
  10. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Would said Grandmother go by the name Hyacinth Bouquet by chance?

I'm 360 Canuck and Texas Forever like this.
  11. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I think a lot of people don't like him out of jealousy. He makes it look easy to make a ****load of money on YouTube, about cars, and without much preceptive skill.

I'm 360 Canuck, HH11 and paulchua like this.
  12. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I think that's part of his appeal, his low budget simple presentation. I also feel that a big factor behind his success is he comes across as honest. There are times when I disagree with him, but I don't think he has an axe to grind with any specific manufacturer.

I'm 360 Canuck and PaulK like this.