Denver / Boulder F-Mechanic | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Denver / Boulder F-Mechanic

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by yookdan, Jun 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Roland E Linder

Roland E Linder Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Thanks to you Dave, The LM did well in this "fun" trip across America. I did load the car on long freeways since my suspention would have send me back to the hospital...We did 1500 miles without any troubles. John and I did a bunch
    of miles together and the tracks events. We did good thanks to you.
    My lapsd with brandi in the F40 will for ever in my mind, she now needs to work out her legs muscles to push on the brakes !!!!She did very well for her first time in the F40 and we didn't sleep either..
    See you soon
    Roland
    F40LM

2. davehelms

davehelms F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Dave Helms

I knew that saying something good about you would send you into orbit! I just dont remember what came after "You bare foot, milktoast, Boulder love-in, left wing......?????" I was going to write it down, but the words came too fast.
    Dave

3. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal

Brandi, Frank you all need to kiss and make up. Actually this is a funny thread. I've never used FoD since I'm in Cali. I visited Dave's shop and and being a very mechanically minded person with oil for blood and socks stained by soaking the Ferrari oil off the floor of my garage I am very impressed with Dave. Anyway, you guys will get a kick out of this...or not...my brother who lives in the next town over from Dave says all that Dave has posted as "boulder people". That's the all encompassing neighborly joke phrase for the guys in the next town.

4. johnnyferrari

johnnyferrari Karting

May 26, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    John Moore
    Frank:

I would not be surprised if you do not see any more posts from Ms. Brandi. We are finished. You see, I caught her lying to my face and cheating on me behind my back by initiating and blossoming an "inappropriate" relationship with another Ferrari owner a mere two days after we returned from the Players Run. Class act. I love her effort to show me some dignity and respect after dating her for 2 -1/2 years -and after all I had done for her.

Any way, you might remember the guy. His name is Mark and he was the guy with the red Challenge Stradale at PPIR last month. When I called Leslie Howard to change this August PPIR entry fee from 2 cars, 2 drivers, to 2 cars 1 driver, she asked me why? After I told her the story she reminded me of a comment Brandi had made to her and I that day. "...I could never date that guy. I don't like his personality, he is too weird and he has the ugliest feet I have ever seen...." I guess now she can't see past his wallet to his feet, or she can't see his feet in the dark. Anyway I told her that I hope it was worth it and maybe some day she can stop lying to herself and everyone else.

Thanks for the check for the Yokohamas.

See you in August - if not sooner.

John

5. Caruso360

Caruso360 Karting

May 1, 2003
    Brigette; Some point- woman "near" management. Does that mean "close"- but never management? Anyway; it seems by your post that shopping is more important than virtue. Oh by the way, since you are quoting historic statements, and you have the "you go girl" attitude, you just quoted Winston Churchill, I think you are better suited with quotes from maybe Brittany Spears! Hey John I guess having at least part of a Ferrari ( and a Euro version at that) is still a whole lot better than having no Ferrari at all. We'll see each other soon, take care mate! Oh, one more thing, at all costs -leave Dave Helm's and his granola, birkenstock, it takes a village to build a Ferrari
    advice out of this thread!

6. johnnyferrari

johnnyferrari Karting

May 26, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    John Moore
    Well Frank, I am not sure I agree. I am guessing that she thinks that she just went lateral from a yellow 360 to a red one. I'm sure it will be interesting, to say the least, at the next track event in August. Good Times, Good Times.

7. my993blewpastyou

Jun 29, 2004
    Hi everyone, it is I Bird Man(Adrian,blue 993). I just wanted to say hello to all friends at the Players Run. I loved all of your cars. You all gave me a new respect for Ferrari. Maybe next year I will also be in one. It will be hard to trade in my 800hp but the class of a Ferrari is so nice. The drive at 45mph even feels so nice. I had to drive Reza's 360 F1 back to the hotel one night because he was, as he says to banged up. I say to drunk to drive. I would never let a friend drive like that. The drive was amazing. I was bumed I didn't get to ride with Roland for a lap or two but he did so much for me. Bringing me to a nother point.

Roland Linder, if there is anything I can do for you ever please let me know. I think everyone should know how wounderful of a preson, friend,and mentor you are. You hardley even knew me as I boarded up on the bus at the Topeaka raceway after blowing my engine and you pulled out resorces to help me get a second engine in and finish the Run. THANK YOU. I hope to visit colorado and do so hands on driving,or should I say racing with you. Again thank you for everything.

John, I am sorry to hear about your situation but all things happen for a reason. There is always a brighter light at the end of the tunnel. You seem like a very nice person,I wish we had more time on the event to get to know each other. Maybe in a Ferrari. It would be a shame as I am bulding a 1200Hp monster 996 for next year. I can always save that for a rainy day.

Well everybody stay safe,well safer than me anyway. Hope to see you all soon. Roland, thanks again!!

Bird Man Out

8. Roland E Linder

Roland E Linder Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Hello "bird Man Adrian". No need to thanks me, I did what any one would have done. It was sad enough to see you on the side of the track !!!
    Beside, we needed a new face in the big bus and you were fun to be with.
    You kept an amazing good spirit after the bird incident and later after the motor....We like guys like you at the Players Run, you will be a welcome addition next yearon our West Coast edition.
    Be good and see you soon (behind the LM...hehehe)
    Roland
    F40LM

9. johnnyferrari

johnnyferrari Karting

May 26, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    John Moore
    Bird Man:

Thanks for the nice words. I agree on your statement that it was probably for the best. Now that we are done other people have come out and mentioned to me their accounts of other sightings and escapades of Brandi. I realize that I must have been absolutely blind for a long time. Wow. Oh well, I guess back to the hunt - which I was content not to being in for some time.

You do not need a Ferrari to travel with us. You just drive much faster with more right shoulder passing than we were interested in. We all had our time at 150+ but not in traffic. Next year I think you ought to bring the monster - but I probably won't try to keep up with you next year either. Originally I was not interested in doing the run again next year but I have reconsidered and I might have something else up my sleeve.

Please let me know if you are ever coming through town. Thanks again.

John

10. Caruso360

Caruso360 Karting

May 1, 2003
    John; looks like this thread is losing its females at quite a rapid rate. I don't know if we can stand a Brigitte-less or Brandi-less or FoD-less world.(Please pass me the kleenex as the tears are streaming from my eyes). One thing for sure, we couldn't live through a Dave Helms-less world. Viva Scuderia Rampante! Where is that old coot anyway?

11. AMGgirl5

AMGgirl5 Karting

Jun 18, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Hey Players Run guys. It's Audrey (green Murcielago) Adrian, get a Lambo!! *Just kidding.* I have a yellow 360 coupe if you want a Ferrari for next year. (you heard it one the phone) How's Cali?

P.S. Bentley Sux

12. my993blewpastyou

Jun 29, 2004
    Thank you for the kind words Roland. You are a true friend. I can't wait for next year. I love the people we were able to meet. I have friends now in places I would of only loved to of had before. John, I swear it was not me passing on the sholder. Well I did do it one time but not around you guys at all. I would never put your cars in a situation that I would be throwing rocks from the sholder, or as Reza would call it "Chips and Salsa". There was apparently a black Porsche that Marcus saw on video that did throw some salsa at you guys. It was not me. As for the 200mph freeway speeds,weellll I can't deny it, that was me. Good thing too, I blew the engine so quick at the track if I wasn't going so fast on the street I would of never gotten out of first gear. It's crazy to think I only got into sixth when I was going slow. WAY TO FAST.... Fifth at 220 and only 5800rpm, sixth was tooooo much. I really wish I could of run a few of you guys at the track around a few times. Next year. I promise I will work on my shifting...1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th,or is that 2nd. HaHa oops. Hello Audrey,I would love to take the 360 but I would be to affraid to blow it up, haha. Only kidding. Much love every one. Hope to see you all soon.

13. johnnyferrari

johnnyferrari Karting

May 26, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    John Moore
    Bird Man:

Thanks for the clarification. I believe you that it wasn't you on the sholder. Just some bad info from someone else I guess. Do take care and I look forward to you visiting here in Denver.

John

14. johnnyferrari

johnnyferrari Karting

May 26, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    John Moore
    Frank and All:

Thought you might like this....

Sent : Tuesday, June 29, 2004 6:01 PM
    To : John Moore <[email protected]>
    Subject : Re: FW: Property

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been reading Ferrari chat. HA! I'm glad you and Frank are so close. You can hold each other and support each other's bull ****. It's nothing but a circus there, where old lonely men that want to be someone hang out. Remember what you always said about Frank? I guess you'll cling to anyone. Good luck. You guys are pathetic.

15. brokenbrand

brokenbrand Rookie

Jun 29, 2004
    Johnnyferrari,
    You said you were on the hunt? Hope you can find someone your own age and leave these young girls alone. Learn how to leave your controllong behind the steering wheel of your ferrari. At least Brandi wasn't married cheating on her spouse and kids with someone 20 years younger. Leave the word vin to your car and not vindictive.

16. johnnyferrari

johnnyferrari Karting

May 26, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    John Moore
    And who was I cheating with? Another classic argument of 2 wrongs makes a right? The lying and cheating is not acceptable no matter who does it - which includes me too. With some therapy, one of us ended that behavior after entering this relationship.

Why do you two continue to defend an minimize these actions? Glad to see you finally got a shot in. Gee I wonder where she gets this material?

17. Caruso360

Caruso360 Karting

May 1, 2003
    Well John; I am completely beside myself and in a bit of a tiz after what I just read about the way you "used" to feel about me. I'll recover. Just a few updates, Bob only has Dunlop slicks, no more Yoko's until Aug 22. Oh by the way what does FoD + Mz. B = (FerrariCheaters.c-m). I do believe this kid is getting quite a name for herself, she's going to have to move to another planet. It's time to put this one to rest, and to think it just started out with someone simply inquiring about Ferrari service.

18. johnnyferrari

johnnyferrari Karting

May 26, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    John Moore
    I completely agree. It should have been shelved days ago. I offer my apologies to all for keeping it going.

I must clarify something as your last thread went a bit far on the FOD thing. I do not have any ill feelings about Ferrari of Denver. They have treated me very well in the days since Dave left. I believe that there will be work for both facilities. I feel that there will always be personalities that are more comfortable with the privateer shop and those that prefer the factory authorized service facility. And, I think that there will be a few that take advantage of both. It just boils down to your individual comfort level.

So, I do not want this mess that I have been blabbing about affect Brandi’s dealership. It’s not about FOD or any of them. They all know I loved her very much. And they all know that I will still be in as a friend and customer.

Enough on the Brandi thing.

John

19. brokenbrand

brokenbrand Rookie

Jun 29, 2004
    Johnnyferrari,
    Glad I got a shot in? Had to stop your gossiping somehow. You started the ball rolling, I just picked it up and played it after I've had enough.You see, us little people fight for each other. Hope it will all stop and you can have a happy life.

20. Caruso360

Caruso360 Karting

May 1, 2003
    Hey broke bread- you've put in your 2 posts worth-now go away!

21. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Sorry, I just noticed this thread:

Not to knock FoD - I am very glad that they are here and there are people there that I consider friends (including you Derek), and I will do business with them for a long time- but I have always had Dave work on my car. While I'm sure that FoD has very talented mechanics, each time the need has arisen I have trusted the car to Dave and see no reason to stop doing that. His service expertise, feedback and demeanor has been above and beyond my expectations - which are pretty damn high. IMHO, we are very lucky to have someone like him in our region. Just my $.02.

22. Caruso360

Caruso360 Karting

May 1, 2003
    Ryan; point well taken. FoD is a great place to buy golf shirts or maybe a baseball cap. However, since we want to support our local businesses I guess it's OK to spend $9,000,000 on a golf shirt. Stop by when you get the chance. Dave's shop is busting at the the seems with F cars from 1957 to 2004.

23. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

Well, that explains why I don't have a golf shirt.

I think I'll be up next week. I'll give you a heads up for sure.

24. Caruso360

Caruso360 Karting

May 1, 2003
    What is "little people"? Are they Aboriginie or Sudanese or Macka Macka or vertically challenged or just plain stupid? Please explain. Thank you very much!

25. davehelms

davehelms F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Dave Helms
    Little people could be refering to an old mechanic with a herniated disc. Im only standing about 4'10" measured vertically, these days.
    Dave