Denver / Boulder F-Mechanic | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Denver / Boulder F-Mechanic

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by yookdan, Jun 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Am I the only one here thinking: Master Yoda?

2. Roland E Linder

Roland E Linder Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Howdy Dave,
    It was good to see your 4.6 foot yesterday and I hope that the ATV will make your life easier on your place...I'll post a "schedule "' for the BBQ in a new post.

Ryan, you're back ??? We missed you and some of our friends in Northern Cal were wondering about you.
    I did try to reach you while in Denver but no luck. PM me with the latest news
    and I hope that you'll be at the BBQ ????

My 2cents on FOD since this is still in the go. They were a SUPER help when I brought my LM years ago just before the first event. They put ALL the resources to get my car done in time (3 days) and even let me and my mecanic work with Dave and other workers. They all got out of their way to finish my car in time and even got me some help at PPIR.
    I have the most respect for them and the same goes to my good old "short" buddy Dave.
    Have a great day
    Roland
    F40LM

3. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Hey John, Roland, Audrey and Adrian!

I am the driver of the Yellow Murcielago at the Players Run! What a blast that was. Wow, this is an intense thread. John, sorry to hear about what happened. You are a good man, and it's better that this happen now instead of later. Roland, thanks for taking Trace on the track in the F40, she is still talking about it. Audrey, whasap girl! Adrian, 1200hp? Have you gone mad?

What's this about old lonely men wanting somewhere to hang out? I'm not old (32), and I'm far from lonely, but I still like to be on F-Chat!

Peace!

4. AMGgirl5

AMGgirl5 Karting

Jun 18, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Hey Guys,
    I am not lonely, old or a man and I still like to hang out here...

5. Caruso360

Caruso360 Karting

May 1, 2003
    Hey Clax- you mean you guys don't have this beefy stuff on LamboChat?
    Wassup with that?

6. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Howdt Clax and Audrey,
    Of course none of you are lonely !!! Glad to have news from you all. Be safe out there and I hope to seeyou guys in a next Players Run on the West Coast 2005..
    For Adrian, the bird man, I guess we all are in waiting to see what he will bring next time around..We know for sure that this will be a MONSTER !!! I better turn the waste gate on max !!!
    take care
    Roland
    F40LM

7. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Who is this Dave Helms joker anyways? What's the deal? I keep hearing about a silly little guy who knows more than is good for him! :D

Dave - anxious to finally meet come BBQ!

--Dan

8. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Howdy Dan
    Don't worry, you will meet "shortY" Dave. He will be in charge of the valet parking...
    All jokes aside, he is an amazing Ferrrai mecanic who did a lots of work on my car.
    Unfortunately, he did hurt his back and he can't stand straight ...till he will get surgery.
    See you soon,
    Roland
    F40LM

9. Caruso360

Caruso360 Karting

May 1, 2003
    Hey Roland- i'm not so sure that you can stand straight up either. Maybe you and Dave can share a semi- private room at the hospital that does the surgery. He can bring his picture of you and vice-versa. Later!

10. davehelms

davehelms F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Dave Helms
    Frank refers to it as "vertically challenged German blockhead", my co-workers / daughters simply call it "bent over old guy", and taunt me that I cant catch them to debate the issue!
    All of this is because they are envious that I made it to the big time as the official BBQ Valet! All these years of work, and it only took knowing the right people to get to the top!
    Dan,
    Just a "bent over old blockhead" playing in the grease, and now having the time of my life doing it with my wife and daughters. Who would have ever guessed that these women that gave me the gray hair were actually watching and learning when I was working on the cars? They grew up around these cars, and it is a treat watching the respect they have for these cars when working on them. Looking forward to meeting you as well,
    Dave

11. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Frank,
    You have a point here , Dave and I could have a discount at the hospital !!! In fact, with what I spent there I could own that sucker !!
    For you Dave, you might get to the top being our parking attendant, but again, you'll have to look from down below...hehehehe
    Have a great week end and see you all in 2 weeks
    Roland
    F40LM

12. johnnyferrari

johnnyferrari Karting

May 26, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    John Moore
    Hey Clax:

Nice to hear from you! Thanks for the kind words - and I agree. Unfortunately I kept the soap opera going here longer than I should have, but I was quite angry. Despite my passengers motivations for going, I also thought that run was a blast and I did meet some great people. Say hi to Trace. Do you think you guys will ever be through Denver? Roland and I are trying to coordinate some other events to do outside Colorado. Let us know if you have anything coming up big in your part of the world.

I would like to get a ride from you or Audrey sometime. Hey Audrey... why don't you drive that green thing out here to Denver? It would be my first time in a Murcielago.

Thanks again!

John
    (Old? Well maybe,,, kinda. Lonely? No way, Not yet!)

13. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Nice going Johnny, it's time to get out of the hole you were in. Life is great even with the little accident on the way...Welcome back..LOL
    Audrey, John is right, you should drive the green monster here, I'll find room for such a car on the ranch. We have great roads to play on, so , we are waiting to hear from " the new you "
    Take care
    Roland F40LM

14. Consejero

Consejero Karting

Mar 15, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    James R. Consejero
    Hey I'm new to the board and I'm afraid I don't fit in very well....I don't hate anyone yet, nobody's cheated on me and I kinda like FOD.
    For anyone else that's interested I know a pretty good F mechanic in the springs that wont rip you off. He just loves F cars and works for the love of it not for the money.

15. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Welcome to the Colorado chat, It's oK that you're a normal person. We will take you anyway.
    Let us know if you plan to join us next Saturday for the annual BBQ.
    Take care
    Roland
    F40LM

16. johnnyferrari

johnnyferrari Karting

May 26, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    John Moore
    Welcome!

As president of "Spurned.chat" I would like to say that the drama and soap opera threads seem to get read about 7.36 times more than the average "fix my car" and "who's in the lambo?" threads.

This has merely been a clever exercise on my part as I have been conducting a shrewd test marketing on readership of this thread as I am about to launch a huge advertising campaign designed to hit my new target audience.

Please stay tuned. And thank you for participating..... Now, Dam it Audrey,,,, Where is that green thing?

17. AMGgirl5

AMGgirl5 Karting

Jun 18, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Hey guys! It's Audrey.
    I had so much fun with everyone on the run. I wish I would have gotten to ride with Roland on the track in Kansas! The Murcielago has been in the shop for the last few weeks. It needed an oil change and the transport company that shipped it back from LA took a chunk out of the bumper so.... I have been going through withdrawals!! I'm adding another Lambo to our collection. A metallic orange Gallardo that will be delivered today with the Murci. I would love to drive that out to Colorado. The Murci is fun but I'm sure I will drive the Gallardo more. (it's smaller) The Murci was alot of fun though on the Players Run. I can't believe how smooth 175mph is. :) Hey Johnny, I have my own soap opera playing out in my personal life as well, so I feel your pain. Keep in touch guys.

18. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Howdy Audrey, (that sounds good ),
    Johnny and you should come to the ranch (John is here every week anyway)
    and exchange your soaps...Plenty room here and I can make room in the lower shop and push the 2 Porsche to make room for the Gallardo..
    The best to you and the new car. Remember that Colorado is not that far away.
    Roland
    F40LM

19. AMGgirl5

AMGgirl5 Karting

Jun 18, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Hey Roland, don't you run a driving school? I would love to learn how to drive from a pro like you. :)

20. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Hello Audrey, This would be a pleasure to work with you. We have a very good track along I 25 not far from the ranch. I have a class per week with only a max of 3 cars at the time or less(even better).
    Check my web site to have more info :www.sportcarschool.com
    I think that I have a Gallardo in it from PPIR . What a car !!
    Keep me posted if you plan to swing by our state, we will have room for you.
    Take care
    Roland
    F40LM

21. johnnyferrari

johnnyferrari Karting

May 26, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    John Moore
    Hi Audrey:

We have a big track event here in Colorado coming up on August 28 & 29. It is at PPIR which is quite a nice facility with garages and other amenities for the cars and drivers. Roland is going to be a part time instructor and a part time participant. So,,, I think you ought to bring one of your brightly colored bulls out and have Roland help you out a little bit. What do ya think?

John