Denver Ferrari and car clubs? | FerrariChat

Denver Ferrari and car clubs?

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by ryant858, Apr 23, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ryant858

ryant858 Rookie

Apr 1, 2022
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Recently got my first Ferrari, 488GTB. Just curious what kind of social Ferrari and car events are around. I’m down in Castle Rock.

Also curious if FCA is worth joining for events in the area.

corey1 likes this.
  2. Mike Morrissey

Mike Morrissey Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2018
    Denver, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mike Morrissey
  3. OSUferrari

OSUferrari Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    Yes - join the FCA.......they organize local drives (one coming up next weekend - not sure yet if I can make it) and you get a discount on service at F of Denver............

corey1 and ryant858 like this.
  4. Dave Bertrand

Dave Bertrand Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 24, 2005
    Castle Rock, CO
    I joined FCA last year and was disappointed that there were hardly any events. The events page of the Colorado Chapter website, even as I write this, shows "Recent Events", that occurred in 2018. If you go to the Newsletter page, the most recent newsletter posted there is from 2018. In other words, the chapter has basically been dead for years. But now we have a new president who apparently is trying to revive the club, and there are several events planned already for this year. I'd recommend you join for a year and see if it's worth it.

I'm in Castle Rock too. There are no car events here except for a small car show every couple of months at the outlet stores.

timjen88 and ryant858 like this.
  5. OSUferrari

OSUferrari Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    I will send you each a PM with email if you guys are interested setting a group email - to try and get together every now and then for a ride (maybe up to evergreen to get a cup of coffee or something). I am at university and 470 so not too far. I have an email for another guy in golden. Mike Ward Has a car show once a month in the summer.

ryant858 likes this.
  6. Dave Bertrand

Rossa Subscribed

Dec 24, 2005
    Castle Rock, CO
    Yes, Mike Ward's Supercar Saturday is every month on the 3rd Saturday. Today was the first one for 2022. I haven't been to one yet but am curious.

Evergreen has a Cars and Coffee every Saturday starting May 28th. I haven't attended one yet but it would make for a nice drive there/back.

ryant858 likes this.
  7. rfwf430

rfwf430 Rookie

Nov 3, 2013
    Englewood, CO
    I have been a member of FCA-Colorado chapter since 2002 and early in my membership there were quite a few driving events. With later chapter presidents there was a decline over the years in driving events in favor of more social/artsy events; then the pandemic hit in 2020-2021 and CDC and FCA national imposed rules (as well as local members' concerns with pandemic related issues) severely limited events of any kind. The local website has not been updated for some years as national FCA control started limiting such local variants. Basically, the local website has been dead for the past couple of years. A more complete list of events is now contained in the national monthly newsletter. Driving events have been recently limited more for a lack of local volunteers to organize and head such events. Now that the pandemic is less of a factor and with the new local Colorado chapter president (the special events coordinator at Ferrari of Denver dealership) there is more of a push for local events, including driving events--usually on a Saturday or Sunday for a half day or so (up to 100-150 miles or so) over front range scenic road sometimes with a lunch. A more complete list of this year's events and updates can be found in the national monthly newsletter. There is a driving event on May 1 and a multi-day club 60th anniversary track day and driving event is planned for late September--limited enrollment. I know at least one other driving event is being planned but not yet announced and hopefully more will be planned if someone is willing to organize and enforce compliance with nationally imposed rules and requirements (principally driven by national liability concerns). There are some other social type events on the current list. Is it worth joining/membership fee--yes IMHO--the members are a good group with a lot of interesting Ferraris--the lack of driving events has been my concern over the past few years, but it would be my hope that with more newer members that will be solved (the old guard members got tired off carrying that ball).

8. Dave Bertrand

Rossa Subscribed

Dec 24, 2005
    Castle Rock, CO
    Thanks for that explanation. I haven't been a member long enough to realize how the chapter got to where it is, but I can understand it now. Until I bought my F-car a year ago, I had been a Porsche guy for almost 20 years, and the PCA was extremely active with lots of events like track days, autocrosses, organized drives and tech seminars at the local shops who were also actively supporting the club and sponsoring events. There was a limited amount of social/artsy events. I was hoping the Ferrari club would be similar, but PCA membership is probably 10 times the size of FCA, so they have a lot more members interested in organizing events. I'm very happy to see that the chapter is waking up again!

ryant858 likes this.
  9. GasAdams

GasAdams Rookie

Jun 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    Gas Adams
    Yes, join FCA and try to come to the event on May 1. It's the first driving event of the season and there will be more!

ryant858 likes this.
  10. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    The FCA is great. Yes, we had to have a slow down of events because of the pandemic but we have a long history of really fun drives and road trips.

The backbone of any club is the membership and because of the size of the FCA, all the members need to chip in to organize drives. A lot of the older group has stopped doing that in recent years although that was compounded by the pandemic. Still, we have had a few people still organizing drives.

I know that even though I planned track days for the club the last couple of years, I stopped planning the multi day road rallies in 2020 and did limited drives that we used to do every year. I can’t tell you the number of events I planned only to have very few people show up. But yet everyone would complain that we didn’t have that many events. Although last year everyone who came out had lots of fun.

Anyway, if you think that the club should have more events and you’re disappointed it doesn’t, then the easy solution for that is to volunteer to plan a few. If enough people chip in, we will have a very full calendar.

11. Dave Bertrand

Rossa Subscribed

Dec 24, 2005
    Castle Rock, CO
    You are absolutely right! I already have a fun drive in mind that I'd like to organize once the grass has riz and leaves have sprouted. I'm planning to go on the one next weekend to Nederland.

sherpa23 likes this.
  12. Stams

Stams Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 30, 2020
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I joined during the Pandemic in fall of 2020 and have been to a couple of events and I enjoyed them. I typically enjoy short drives and car shows and I am in Highlands Ranch, not too far away from you. A great drive near me is Deer Creek canyon and if you ever want to take a spin I am in! And that goes for anyone else in the area reading this.

I have made some really good friends through the Colorado FCA and I do recommend it. The large group drives are nice cruises and I save my spirited drives for solo missions or small groups.

If you like car shows then here are the local ones that I go to that have a good turn out:

Lone tree cars and coffee - cornerstone church in Lone Tree - every first Saturday of the month

Espresso and exhaust - vehicle vault in Parker -
    Second Saturday of the month

Supercar Saturday Mike ward Lamborghini in Highlands Ranch - every 3rd Saturday

I go to these a lot and they are a lot of fun

Check out the Colorado cars and coffee Facebook page to get a nice list of events as well

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

13. ryant858

ryant858 Rookie

Apr 1, 2022
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    This has all been super helpful, thanks all! I joined the Colorado Cars and Coffee on FB, and will join FCA this week. Hope to meet you all in person!

@Stams would def be down for a Deer Creek drive too. I’m in Castle Rock, so pretty close

Stams likes this.
  14. chas-3

chas-3 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 28, 2009
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Chuck
  15. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I'm in South Denver/Parker area- Have been in FCA since 2010- Between FCA and local events organized by Steve W at FoD (now chapter president as well) there are some fun events. The Enzo Bday event this year was nice- although chilly and not great car turnout but still a nice event.

The pandemic definitely put a damper on things but hopefully will be better this summer. We can use (breathe life) into the Rocky Mountain forum on here as well- it needs some love and activity.

Feel free to PM me- some of you already have my personal contact info- feel free to share it.

Look forward to meeting all of you at events or just some impromptu "meet & drives".

Cheers :cool:

corey1 likes this.
  16. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I have a friend who marshals at Red Hawk Ridge do down in CR all the time to play golf or just for a good run and grab lunch on Wilcox- ping me and can meet up at some point- Cheers

17. ryant858

ryant858 Rookie

Apr 1, 2022
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Would love to! Dos Santos is a good, new spot on Wilcox if you haven’t been. I’m a member at Castle Pines CC and would be happy to host a crew for golf there too!

18. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    That would be awesome!! Will check out Dos Santos definitely- Cheers :cool:

19. GasAdams

GasAdams Rookie

Jun 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    Gas Adams
    I know some of you joined on the Nederland trip I organized (note my alias). I learned two things. First, never go thru Boulder again. Second, put up signs along the way so people don't get lost. Still, it was a great drive and it was fun seeing everyone. I'm definitely up for organizing more...south or central next time. Thanks to those who could join!
    Gas
    599GTB

sherpa23 likes this.
  20. Stams

Stams Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 30, 2020
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Sorry that I had to miss it after I signed up. The route sounded pretty straight forward to me but it is easy to get separated in Boulder for sure. Hopefully roads were clear too, that was a definite worry of mine. Food a Wondervu good?

Will definitely try to go to the next one! South side has some good drives for sure! Thanks again for the organization of the drive!

21. GasAdams

GasAdams Rookie

Jun 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    Gas Adams
    Yes, Wondervu is always great! The roads were good, too. See you soon.

22. Stams

Stams Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 30, 2020
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Lone tree CNC on Saturday morning! Maybe I will see a few Ferraris there!

23. Dave Bertrand

Rossa Subscribed

Dec 24, 2005
    Castle Rock, CO
    You'll see mine :). Others too, hopefully.

Stams likes this.
  24. JDT

JDT Rookie

Jul 16, 2020
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Was at the Lone Tree Cars and Coffee yesterday with the F12. I'm always up for heading out for a drive and probably drink way too much coffee but that's a whole other issue hah.

corey1 likes this.
  25. Stams

Stams Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 30, 2020
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I saw your car! Loved it! Was a nice turn out no? I got there at 845 and couldn’t even park! Hope to meet you next time. Nice F car turnout.

corey1 likes this.