DepositReturnedbyAutoGalleryCalabasis | Page 2 | FerrariChat

DepositReturnedbyAutoGalleryCalabasis

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by JackedByAGallery, Sep 30, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hdpt00

hdpt00 F1 Rookie

Jul 15, 2005
    Earth
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Simple supply and demand. I already know I'll have to plunk down 40K over MSRP and bargain my way onto "the list" most likely. Play the game.

2. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott

It seems they did everything to politel;y give you a strong "hint" that this would be a very long, laborious and unfruitful effort, yet you still pushed.

Correct?

3. ferrame

ferrame Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Orange, Calif
    In June 20, 2002 I give a deposit of $5k to Autogallery for ordering a 360 cpe
    6 spd and was told it would take about 6-12 mos to get it. So as time goes by, nothing has ever happened but since a new model F430 on the horizon they shift me over to a new model. Sometimes around June 05 I had called and spoke to OBie and he had told me that I am on the second spot for a 6 spd F430. But no allocation yet on a 6 spd cpe F430 for the next 3-6 mos and Obie told me that he will confirm with me as soon as he get the next allocation.
    Well guess what? I just got f**ked. As of October 1, 2005 (OVER 3 YEARS of waiting) I saw my deposit returned to me by us mail in my mailbox indicating "we regret to informyou that the autogallery willbe unable to meet demand for orders placed on the 360 Ferrari. Unfortunately, the cessation of production of the vehicle and the limited supply have made it commercially impracticable for the vehicles to be delivered to customers who placed orders with us. We are enclosing a check in the amount of $$$$$ representing the return of your deposit. We regret any inconvenience and want you to know that we continue to value you as a customer of the autogallery."
    I had placed a phone call to Obie but He didnot return my call yet.

I still get pissed off for them to tell me that I am on the list 2nd position for F430 cpe 6 spd and then returned my deposit.

4. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    Great. You have a problem. Therfore you get a pettifogger.

Wonderful. Now go into the shed and kick yourself.

12 cylinders or walk.

5. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    how do you become a good customer if you wait 5 years and get no car, hypothetically you could be a customer for ten years over 2 models and still get no car!

Rob who is very happy with an old Ferrari that he can work on= no middleman
    If I were you I would go buy a great Daytona or 2 boxers and have fun!!

Rob

6. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    It's not only the Auto Gallery. I have had numerous deposits taken, floated for a few years and then returned. The latest was by Courtesy Chevrolet with my new Z06 deposit. They told me that I was #3 for the car and showed me the list. Then about 9 months ago they called and said they were returning my deposit since they didn't know the pricing structure. I said I don't care if the car is $500,000, I'm gonna have it. Long story short my deposit was returned. At any rate I'm not the only one who this happens too. If nothing else where is the interest on my deposit? Give my something for wasting my time and reinvesting my money

7. ferrame

ferrame Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Orange, Calif
    Those guys are nothing but a**h*les!!!!. They like to take peoples' money keep in their bank and earn interest for a few years and then return the deposit. Can you imagine 100 people @ $5000 each, that is half a million $ earning interest. Blood suckers. Hope they go to h*ll for all I care.

8. team360

team360 Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Bell Canyon, CA
    Full Name:
    Scott Platt
    I to have a deposit for a 6-spd 430. Its been three years and I have been told for over a year that I was #2 on the list. I talked to Obe last week and he said they are not getting any 6spds lately. So far I havent recieved the deposit back but I am quickly losing faith in the whole Ferrari buying experience. I am hanging in there but I need a new car soon.
    I though how two people could be in the same position on the same list?

9. ROGUE GTS

ROGUE GTS Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    Kalifornia
    I'm curious, if all these dealers are such shady falkers why not look elsewhere? Your in SoCal, it's not like there is a lack of available dealers.

Maybe it's time for newport autosport to become an offical dealer and solve all these issues.

10. lusso64

lusso64 Formula 3

Apr 12, 2004
    Simi Valley
    Full Name:
    David
    FWIW CCof BH have a half dozen or so 430's advertised for sale. Prices probably include the extra 40K, but if they have them in stock and the color you want.....

Of course, it occurs to me that the 430 must be a total piece of junk. People are so disappopinted in them that they are selling them after only 80 miles :)

cha-ching$$$$$$$$$

11. ferrame

ferrame Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Orange, Calif
    Hey! If you like to get f**ked by those a**h*le Autogalary, go ahead deal with them because I was there on 10/10/2005 and talked to the clown Obe don't do s**t. I wish they go to h**l burning alive with my deposit and interest. I have had it. Son of a B**ches Autogalary.

12. FastRed355

FastRed355 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2003
    Westwood
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I can see why they might not want to sell you a car.

13. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    I just recd my deposit back from Auto Gallery. I was originally 13th on 6 speed
    list. Think they recd 1- 6 speed since realeae. Screw the Ferrari waiting list
    BS! I also cancelled my 360 CS oder after buying the Gallardo and got that deposit back also. I did take delivery of 360 Spider only to have them resell it for me. Eric and Obe were both involved in my transactions` and easy to deal with.

IF You dont like the game play with the Competition I did and many others are also.

14. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    "The List" - frankly I keep laughing when I read this. :D

If you can't see "The List", likely you aren't on "The List". If there is a list, and you have paid good money to be on it, it should be viewable to you. Has anyone ever actually seen "The List"? :confused:

The local Honda/Suzuki motorcylce shop out by me has lists for the upcoming hot products. These lists hang on the wall right behind the manager's desk for everyone in the store to see. You come in wanting the new CBR600RR, and it's quite easy to see just how many people might be in line in front of you. No question about who's #1 or #2 there.

I realize there is a game to be played here, and personally I don't really see a problem with that, but for people to claim they are on a list that no one ever sees is rather foolhardy in my opinion.

>8^)
    ER

15. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    Well I monitored my position on the "list" on the 360 spider and I have an employee freind at ther dealership who told me when a model like I was
    waiting for came in.I compared this to what Eric told me.It was over 2 +
    years before I recd car.NEVER AGAIN!

16. FastRed355

FastRed355 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2003
    Westwood
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I have seen the list and I saw my name on the list. All I had to do was ask.

17. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    Dear Jacked,

You need lots of lubrication when dealing with Ferrari dealers. It helps a lot.

M

18. ferrame

ferrame Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Orange, Calif
    You are absolutely right !!! Especially the Auto Gallery, you really need a whole lot of lubrication.

19. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Obviously you must have proven yourself a valued customer of the AutoGallery. Other people seem incapable of understanding it is a two-way street.

>8^)
    ER

20. ferrame

ferrame Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Orange, Calif
    Don't promise any thing that can not deliver by taking people deposit and hold it for more than 3 years and returned to them. It's just not right

21. JackedByAGallery

Sep 30, 2005
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Daniel Johnson
    Well guys went up to San Francisco for fleet week (Blue Angles USN) and every Colombus day the San Francisco Ferrari chapter has a car show at the park across the street from St. Peters Church in North Beach. Seems are friends at the Auto Gallery have never set foot in place of worship and preach B.S. and deception to its deciples insted of the straight scoop.
    Saw and meet many of the guys and they all laughed when I told them about getting Jacked off by Auto Gallery. Most said it's the Auto Gallery what did you expect. I was told that you really need to deal with a factory owned dealership like B.H. of S.F. and if they take a deposit you eventually will get a car. As far as Auto Gallery is concerned don't they sell other vehicles besides Ferrari? I think they have Porsche and a couple of other marks besides the prancing Donkey. The next time your at a track event or car show, tell all you friends that if they want to get stroked go to the north end of the valley.
    Finally, I'd like to thank S.F. Chapter members for a great car show and there generosity and input on the many older models. It was very informative and topped offed a great weekend in the city.
    DJ

22. ferrame

ferrame Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Orange, Calif
    Hey! I'm glad you had a good time in S.F.
    Again in my lifetime will I NEVER deal with Auto Gallery, the way they had screwed me.

23. JackedByAGallery

Sep 30, 2005
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Daniel Johnson
    Dear S,

As far as the ***** Gallery in Calabasis, we are all mad about getting jacked off by them. I think you called me the other week and I tried to call you back but your girls are as good at filtering out calls as mine. I will always be pissed off at the Auto Gallery for their lack of ethics, but I have funneled that energy into doing what ever I can to spread the word. I own a fairly large security company and I can post memos in my monthly statements which inform my clients of the less than favorable experience I had with the Auto Gallery and you should do the same. If I'm correct they have several other types of vehicles besides the horse so target those marks also. You have your own business so take the same approach and channel your energy towards the people and business contacts that you have. Inform them so they won't make the same mistake we did.
    I go to many track events each year and that's the perfect place to hold forum. If you don't belong to any organizations join some. I have several cars from Germany and those events are perfect place to preach to the masses. I also go to track events with Tim Herren (AlltimeRacing.com) and Judy Ray (drivingconcepts.com) and have met many wonderful people to spread the word.
    Finally, Sokuno you should know that as a business owner your lucky to get referrals from the clients you do a good job for. On the other hand is the customers like us who had an unfavorable experience and determination to inform all of the Knuckle heads at The ***** Gallery in Calabasis.

24. Jack(LA)

Jack(LA) Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Dan,

Sorry to hear of your bad experience at the AutoGallery. My experience has been the opposite. They have been great to deal with in both the sales and service departments. I've purchased two f-cars from them (CS and 430) at MSRP -- what more can I say.

Hope to meet you at Tim's upcoming event in November -- what car will you be bringing?

Regards

25. JackedByAGallery

Sep 30, 2005
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Daniel Johnson
    Jack,
    I hope to bring my 360 but I have several things that I want to finish on the car before I take it out for another track day. I just had the fluids and breaks done but my new wheels and tires were not in, so I couldn't finish doing the suspension set up so it needs to go back in the shop again. If I have time to get these things sorted out I'll bring the Fcar otherwise it will be my E46 M3.
    My work schedule its quite busy but if you are going for sure and are going to bring your 430 I'll be there. I saw a couple of 430's in San Francisco but haven't seen any at the track yet so that will be a treat for all attending. Have you ever been out with Tim's group before? Its a great group of guys and if you've been out there before I'm the knucklehead in the Carbon Black M3 or the black 360 F1.
    As far as the Auto Gallery your only the second guy who's posted a positive responce so I guess you one of the chosen few. Oh well, I'm jealous but I hate getting dicked around especially after all the times I drove up there, it took probably a years worth of visits and 25 phone calls before they would take my deposit in the round line with no end. I wish the jerks had the balls to say that I couldn't get a car and I'd move on. I also tried to register for the Piloti Ferrari driving school at the factory and they didn't want to help with that either. Hope to see you at the track.

Dan