Depreciation Crystal Ball | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Depreciation Crystal Ball

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Piper, Sep 5, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    What you say make a lot of sense, except I can see a car like the California depreshiating a little faster with the release of the Portofino. I agree the the bottom is 60-80k with the exception of cars with issues or higher the usual miles and a bit higher for cars with lots of options and very low miles.

My opinion is based on the California being the entry level car, a 2+2 GT and a front engines v-8. It's also kinda a niche car in the fact that we either like it or not. And with the Portofino taking the entry level niche Ferrari doesn't want to sell used cars for an allocation on a future car. It's just not a highly sought after car like the 360, f430, 458 and 488. I think even the FF has a stronger following since the rear seats are actually useable.

I also think that the 13-14 Cali 30 will eventually command a premium because they are the last of the NA cars but that may not materialize for a while.

2. LorenzoOO

LorenzoOO Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2017
    Italia, US NE
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo LaMattina
    Ferrari has ramped up production and is headed to 10k per year. There is a market for those cars. But any economic downturn will slam all exotic cars. Unless you buy a limited production model don’t expect any recent production Ferrari to appreciate or even hold value very well. Look at 430 F1’s at $80-$90k now.

dustman likes this.
  3. fedcoin

fedcoin Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 11, 2017
    7 years ago had you obtained the 2009 California investment grade asset,
    KBB is proof 80K lump sum cash would be ready early tomorrow.

Attached Files:

4. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    Which pretty much means good news for a buyer and bad news for a seller. I’d expect to see prices firm up a bit since the driving season is upon us but by september to see price slide a bit more on the California. Really to me the value is now in the California T, prices dropped more on those then I expected.

5. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002