Depreciation & general advice please | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Depreciation & general advice please

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Garyh, Sep 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robbo

Robbo Karting

Feb 16, 2004
    I've also seen 575's for below £ 100K privately. I also disagree that the 360 CS will hold it's value. Even the fact that it rarer than the 360, it was simply way overpriced. It remains a great car, but will suffer more than the 360 in % terms as the potential market is smaller.

Here's a small point to consider. Replacement brakes on the CS amount to £ 17,000. Again, that kinda narrows the market a little.

Blowdog & Jrs are spot on with their analogies. Murph stating that depreciation is a small factor to consider is in the tiny minority of either the super wealthy or 'just don't care' brigade.

Gary, hang on for a CS. Under £100k by the spring.

2. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    It'll be that one then :)

3. Blow Dog

Blow Dog Karting

Jan 9, 2004
    Any pictures please? 512TR - second best looking Ferrari ever.

CK

4. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Rob ,

17k for new brakes?????? There only a 9k option on the F430 ill just have those thanks..

As i said before you guys will be old and grey waiting for this baby to bottom out....but good luck with it ...you will need it.

Coarse you can always buy a super 430, carbon brakes option, sports seats ,F1 box, egear, etc etc but yr still gonna need 130k for it ??/ and the spiders even more....

Just as well put 5 towards it and buy the real car that the new F430 was modeled on...

:)

5. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

No my PA does it all for me :)

6. Robbo

Robbo Karting

Feb 16, 2004
    Joe,
    just enquire re the brakes. I've had it on good authority. By the way, the 430 doesn't really do anything for me ironically, whereas the CS looks superb particularly from the rear ( though without the chavesque sticker ) :). But...if I had to pay £130 k I'd take the 430 handsdown. Keep the mileage down and I'll buy yours in March and save the £30k.
    I honestly hope they do hold for those who have just purchased, though if I seriously thought they would I'd be purchasing now. So I'll hang on.No-one minds going a little greyer over the winter.

7. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    Joe

As an option they are always cheaper than replacing them as a spare part. All car manufacturers do this , it makes lot's of profit for them.

J