Detailing | FerrariChat

Detailing

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by rdefabri, Jan 16, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    I want to have my 1966 Jaguar E-Type detailed - not washed (since some of the rubber is going, the car would leak).

Anyone know of a "water-less" detailer that could polish up the car a bit (mainly the exterior)?

2. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Can I wax after using this?

Which one do you prefer? Also, any recommendations for the wire wheels?

Thanks!

3. JAYF

JAYF Formula 3

May 13, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Jay
    #4 JAYF, Jan 16, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
    Yes, you can wax after using it. Both companies are about the same(poor boys smells nicer). I use an industrial wire wheel cleaner I got from a friend, however it has no label and I have yet to find the name of it. I will try and find out this week and post up the info.

4. PRFCNST

PRFCNST Karting

Apr 16, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Edward Kehaian
    I would say that it depends on the condition of your paint and what your expectations are from the final result.
    In general I find that any kind of waterless washing is non-sense :)
    If the car hasn't been detailed in a while it may have collected residue on the paint wont come off with a simple wipe down and will cause damage to the paint while polishing it. We use foam or towels to seal the openings on older cars before washing them so there is almost no water leaking in the car. That allows us to clay the paint and remove that residue and debris.

Eddie-DD