[DFW] Rob and Jennie's 1st Annual Celebrazione - Oct. 16th | Page 2 | FerrariChat

[DFW] Rob and Jennie's 1st Annual Celebrazione - Oct. 16th

Discussion in 'Texas' started by rob lay, Sep 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I'll see if I can talk my wife into making some fudge.

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    This is turning into a BIG party, but that's great. The more the better.

Reminder that I need RSVP's by this Wednesday. Please fill out the following form if you're coming...

http://www.roblay.com/party.htm

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    The RSVP deadline has well passed, but I wanted to give everyone an update for those that have already planned on coming.

Tomorrow I will be sending directions and other info to all of those who RSVP'd. Monday if you haven't received the email, please let me know.

We have over 50 confirmed ranging from FerrariChat.com, FCA, fellow Rx7 racers, neighbors, Jennie's friends, and family.

Out of those confirmed it looks like about 12 exotic cars. The trophies have been ordered. Must be there around 4-6 for the trophies.

We will have 2 tanks of margaritas and 2 kegs of beer.

We have a huge amount of food being catered by Blue Mesa. It arrives at 6 and will only last as long as it lasts.

Here is a top ten list I created for the Rx7 group....

10) This will be an annual tradition for decades to come, be able to say you attended the first one!
    9) The Rat Pack will be playing on the stereo.
    8 ) Monterey Historic races on the TV. The entire first season of Duke's of Hazard after the historic races end.
    7) Bring or just come see the cool cars. Around 12 Ferrari's, Pantera's, and Lotus will be parked in the front lawn competing for nice crystal trophies like the "Cat's Choice" award. I can't provide any more details.
    6) Spend the night and attend the IRL race with Rob and Greg on Sunday.
    5) You can mess up Rob's #6 & 12.
    4) A HUGE selection and quantity of appetizers/cocktail food from Blue Mesa.
    3) 2 tanks of margaritas!
    2) 2 kegs of beer!
    1) You can trash their place like Rob has trashed yours.

4. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    I wish I could make it but I'm gonna be way too busy the next couple weeks :(

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Directions have been sent out to everyone that RSVP'd. Please let me know if you didn't receive them.

6. TXesprit

TXesprit Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2001
    Southlake
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Hey Rob - I'm not sure where your house is at. Can I get some better directions? :)

Lena and I ran into Greg at Humperdink's on Saturday and he made us promise we will be at the Celebrazione. We'll definitely be there for some part of it.

7. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Hey, Jennie and I were running and looked like a party was going on at your place. Just turned out to be the workers, but we joined in for some forties. :)

Ordered the kegs today. Disappointed they didn't have anything exotic. Ended up with a Coors Lite and a Shiner.

Umm, do we have enough to drink? ...

166 12 oz. glasses of Coors Lite
    166 12 oz. glasses of Shiner
    160 8 oz. glasses of Margaritas.

Hmm, I think my math was off, I think we have too much to drink for 50 people. Oh well. :)

8. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    If it's an emergency and you need help I could probably catch a plane up :D

9. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Not if its the 50 people I've met! :) I can think of 2 or 3 that will consume more than their share.

10. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Rob - I'd like to come check out the car show... I would stay and provide humanitarian keg-floating assistance, but my little bro and his band are playing the Curtain Club in deep ellum saturday night. He needs all the bodies he can to show up and drink, so they'll get invited back. So I am donating my liver to my brother's cause already!

Here's them at Trees about a month ago: http://www.non-citizen.com/treespics1.htm That's my bro on lead guitar, third from the left in most pictures. To bad theyre already booked, or else you could have them play your party! If you think your neighbors will be pissed already, imagine these guys playing in your backyard! LOL :)

11. Whatever

Whatever Formula Junior

Sep 6, 2002
    Highland Village, TX
    Full Name:
    Dan Marlett
    I can't wait, I'm looking forward to it!

12. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    31 hours to go.

ticktockticktockticktock

13. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Our baby sitter isn't available until 4, so we should get there about 5. We WILL be in the Ferrari.

14. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Things are looking pretty BIG, actually scary BIG, but it will be a great group. Mostly the FC/FCA crowd and 12-15 cars should be in the show. Also have my sister/husband and cousin coming maybe (27 year old blonde hottie that just broke up with her boyfriend). However, Gretchen might not make it because she's a social butterfly and will make plans for 5 things and then last second decide what she wants to do. I've told Greg to keep his hands off!!! We also invited 4 sets of neighbors and Jennie invited some PA classmates (all married :(). Then there is the very wild car racing bunch that some know from the F1 watching. Ohh, and odd and end friends from previous jobs going back to 1996. Out of towners that are possibly attending are Randy Schatten, Rikki Alessi, and Ryalex. It will be awesome, if everyone that RSVP'd comes, we'll have over 60 people.

We picked up the two rooms we were storing stuff, so we now have one guest bed, one guest blow up bed, and two other bedrooms with empty floors.

House cleaner is there right now. Jennie forgot to leave me the truck, so that means she gets to pick up the two kegs. 4 bottles of Tequila already bought, Margarita machine is delivered at 2pm tomorrow. Jennie is taking the afternoon off to mow. She's also picking the trophies up from Keller.

What is Rob doing? Nothing, just posting here. :)

Weather is looking great and ground is solid to park on the lawn.

15. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    That doesn't sound like enough Tequila! :D

16. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Thanks for picking up my trophy! Pls don't mis-spell my name on the plate. I used to had a trophy spelling my name as TOSHI instead of Yoshi. That like Jim & Tim, 2 different name

Looking forward to see your new house.

17. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    I'll be in the Ferrari, but it won't be show worthy. I'm making some final tweaks to the Strade di Autunno route on Saturday morning and wiping out the slow butterflies....

18. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    A couple of the trophies we're having fun with, I don't want to give too much away, but you might just win one of them. :)

19. Sondra

Sondra Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Sondra
    Schatten just alerted me to this (I got slack in my lurking!); is there room for 2 more? We're not sure if we can make it yet, but it sounds like a car-geeky good time!

20. Nick R

Nick R Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Nick R
    Rob,

Sorry I will miss the big party. I just got back from the honeymoon and had to go see the client and this weekend is my son's weekend with me. I know you guys will have a great time.

I will be in town this week (so maybe lunch and we can race the horses) after that it gets tough. Lets see, England one week, Maryland the next, then Germany (need to get a hold of Wolfgang), then San Antonio, then, Maryland, then, you get the picture.

Nick

21. Whatever

Whatever Formula Junior

Sep 6, 2002
    Highland Village, TX
    Full Name:
    Dan Marlett
    Well, I will be cleaning the Ferrari in the morning for the show. I'd be interested in any "Hottie Snacks" if they are not already taken. No girlfriends for awhile... time to start getting active again.

Will the trophy fit in my car?

22. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Ummmm....Dan? I think the approved term is 'Chickie Snacks'. ;)

23. Whatever

Whatever Formula Junior

Sep 6, 2002
    Highland Village, TX
    Full Name:
    Dan Marlett
    Oh...Sorry Jim, I knew it was something like that. I guess I need to hang out with you guys more often!

24. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    I don't care what vernacular is used, as long as there's plenty of "talent." :)

25. Cicero

Cicero Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    how the F do I get to your house? I dont' see a map or directions in this thread unless I missed them which is quite possible.

Never mind...just called rob and got easy directions.