DFW - VHS to DVD transfer | FerrariChat

DFW - VHS to DVD transfer

Discussion in 'Texas' started by WJHMH, Nov 12, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I need a DVD made from a classic VHS in my collection. I was wondering if anyone here has access to one of these machines?

2. 98R648

98R648 Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2004
    Full Name:
    Nicola Cappelletti
    Kimson can do it.

3. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Thanks Nicola, I'll shoot him a PM.

4. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    If you cannot get a machine, Mike's Video Transfer in Hurst on Bedford/Euless Rd. did some for me and they work great. I used 40 year old 8mm film and had it transferred onto VHS master tapes to which music was put in and then transferred to DVD. They turned out great.......

www.mikesvideotransfer.com

5. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I might give it a shot myself, I have an older S video Sony VHS but I'm trying to figure out how to connect it to my MacBook Pro to transfer it to the hard drive & burn a DVD with Toaster 8. Any thoughts on this?

6. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    I haven't personally done this, but my friend suggested to use digital camera to transfer VHS to a camera medium, then download it to your Mac. Then you should be able to use Toaster to burn it on DVD.

I was going to buy VHS-DVD recorderable player then, but found it cost over $500. I didn't want to spent $500 for an item which will be about $100 to $200 someday in the near future. I don't know how much these player cost nowadays though.

Hope you already solved this problem. Let me know what method you used.