Diablo on Dirt video | FerrariChat

Diablo on Dirt video

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by allanlambo, Jan 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. I wouldent do that with my lambo. It didnt sound like a replica the engine sound was authentic.

2. KMS

KMS Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 22, 2003
    There's another picture of a Lambo from Brock Yates 1 Lap of America on a dirt track too. Search the back issues of Car and Driver. That particular car also had a trailer hitch for the various tires the competitors had to carry to complete the competition.

While I wouldn't do that to any Lamborghini I owned it's nice to see that the car is robust enough to pull it off.

3. gocargo

gocargo Rookie

Dec 12, 2003
    Atl,Ga & 1000 Is, NY
    Full Name:
    Rob Bert
    Popup headlight Diablo, could be 13 years old and only 100-grand... cheaper than other racing alternatives.

4. luke9583

luke9583 Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Detroit Michigan
    Full Name:
    Luke Wells

i've never seen a 100k dirt circle track car ;)

5. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Thats actually a 96 Vt i believe. It is owned by a guy named Karl Troy, who raced it in the One Lap of America, and placed 10th, behind all highly modified cars. The Vt was bone stock. i believe he placed 3rd on the dirt oval.

A few years earlier, a stock SV placed 2nd, just barely missing 1st behind a raced out Mosler.

6. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    nice video allan

7. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
  8. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    lol, funny stuff - thanks for posting - looked like fun!

9. 348 spy

348 spy Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2002
    LEWISVILLE
    Full Name:
    JANO
    thanks for the video allan.

10. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch

Yes, that is Karl Troy's car. I raced in the One Lap of America this last year (2003) and Karl entered a Diablo SVR (ultra-race car!!) painted like an American flag. At the first event on the first lap he spun the car and backed it into a wall and crunched in the back. Within a couple of hours he had taken a SLEDGEHAMMER, and hot glue, duct tape, and wire, and beaten the rear quarters back into shape on the SVR and was back in the race. It was unreal. When we got to Carolina Motorsports Park his wife joined us in the yellow Diablo from the video. It was clean and for sale. He beat the heck out of those Diablos.

11. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    I've known Karl Troy for awhile now, he's serviced my Porsche when I first moved to Charleson - a STAND UP GUY (and Charleston's only Ferrari mechanic)! His taste in cars changes from whatever he thinks he can run, competitively, in the 1 Lap. I've checked out the Stars and Stripes Lambo in his shop, its 'under restoration' from his accident - caused by the brake bias lever being in the way of entering/exiting the car.

12. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Ive spoken to Karl, and he said that if he hadnt spun the Sv-R he would have been very competitive in the One Lap.

13. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Made me think of the EVO article where they drove a Murci in the Alps in the snow. Looked great!

14. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    wow great 348 spy - what color is that? do you have any more pics?