Diablo SV Thread | Page 25 | FerrariChat

Diablo SV Thread

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Lemacc, Nov 8, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula 3

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
  2. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula 3

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Whilst surfing youtube, can across this video for Diablo production. Commentary is Japanese but you'll get the picture. Not sure if already posted. If so, ignore!

Interesing to see the factory in period.

3. samlambo666

samlambo666 Rookie

Jun 1, 2020
    Full Name:
    Sameer Aswani
    Hello everyone, its my first post in this forum and I'm glad I found this forum and especially this Diablo SV thread which is really interesting. I've owned a couple of Lambos from the Murcielago, 670SV, Aventador and now a very special Diablo SV. Im from Singapore and some of you'll would already know which SV I own cause there is only one Diablo SV here in Singapore. So I purchased this car over a year ago and fell in love with it right away. The other Lambos I've owned are lovely but the Diablo is really special. This car to date still puts the biggest smile on my face for example when blipping the throttle to up or downshift. Its really an experience which you don't get in modern supercars today.

Anyway this pass one year first thing I had done,
    -non factory decals on the car removed
    -had the whole undercarriage cleaned up
    -had the whole engine bay cleaned up
    -checked for rust and found nothing
    -had a brand new pair of factory ecu's
    -had brand new factory wiring harness, looms etc
    -had a brand new set of the original Alipne 3 disc set player put in
    I will be soon removing my floor carpeting to have it steam cleaned along with the floor mats, I might not put back the carpeting as I like the raw clean look, perhaps just floor mats put back in

The car came with,
    -Custom club sport exhaust which sounds great
    -Decat
    -Motion Control Systems coilover set
    -Xenon lights

Please don't kill me but I'm one of those 'slave to the car' kind of owners. I will never take my cars out in the rain or if the roads are wet and if I do get caught in the rain than I get down on my knees to hose down the undercarriage. Im also not a track person and also wont redline this car, perhaps once in awhile when I get in the moods I'll push it a little. I do enjoy the pleasure of driving it and ownership.
    I was also told by the agent that my SV is the last to leave the factory and delivered to Singapore on the 12th of April 2000. I had this verified by the man himself Valentino Balboni. I wrote to the factory telling them I want this documented in black and white and passed to me. They said it will take time because of the current pandemic situation we are all sadly facing.
    Hope you'll like the photos here,
    XLA12438, manufactured in 2000

LC3929, Tu160bomber and EarlyCat like this.
  4. samlambo666

samlambo666 Rookie

Jun 1, 2020
    Full Name:
    Sameer Aswani
  5. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula 3

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Welcome Sameer and your car rocks! I prefer older cars to more modern kit. I like the effort and rewards you get from driving a car without modern driving aids. Don't appologise for what you do with your car. If you want to hang it on the wall, who are we to say different :D

Enjoy it in great health!

Rob

Tu160bomber likes this.
  6. samlambo666

samlambo666 Rookie

Jun 1, 2020
    Full Name:
    Sameer Aswani
    Thanks for the warm welcome bro, happy to be a part of this community
    View attachment 2184650 View attachment 1860040 View attachment 1944083 View attachment 1814772 View attachment 136636 View attachment 116956 View attachment 1736390 View attachment 144349 View attachment 3147909 View attachment 3235948

Tu160bomber likes this.
  7. samlambo666

samlambo666 Rookie

Jun 1, 2020
    Full Name:
    Sameer Aswani
    #607 samlambo666, Jun 3, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2022
    Thanks for the warm welcome, more pics to follow

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. samlambo666

samlambo666 Rookie

Jun 1, 2020
    Full Name:
    Sameer Aswani
    So am I right to say the 99 cars are using the shorter ratio gearing from the SVR? And if yes how much does top speed drop by?

9. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Veteran

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia
    i had a 1997...MY 1998 and had also shorter ratios
    i think around 300 kmh Top but more usable and better ratio for almost any kind of use

Tu160bomber likes this.
  10. samlambo666

samlambo666 Rookie

Jun 1, 2020
    Full Name:
    Sameer Aswani
    Yup 300 is plenty. So the shorter ratios very standard than for later cars ?

11. Mr Mezzanotte

Mr Mezzanotte Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2006
    UK
    think the shorter ratio was standard on the SV, unless you chose the longer ratio option, and vice versa on other models

12. Jango_

Jango_ Rookie

Nov 15, 2019
    Rotherham uk
    Full Name:
    James Beaumont
    What exhaust system do you have on it ?

13. Mr Mezzanotte

Aug 22, 2006
    UK
    A few of the uk cars (like mine) came with London stainless (now called quiksilver) fitted by the dealer.
    Designed by del hopkins.

it’s loud, but I like it.

worth taking the wing off and the heat shield cover - I was thinking I had standard but I don’t!

14. Mr Mezzanotte

Aug 22, 2006
    UK
    #614 Mr Mezzanotte, Jul 27, 2020
    Jonny English and MiuraP400 like this.
  15. Jango_

Jango_ Rookie

Nov 15, 2019
    Rotherham uk
    Full Name:
    James Beaumont
    I really like how the tail pipes looks

16. samlambo666

samlambo666 Rookie

Jun 1, 2020
    Full Name:
    Sameer Aswani
    On mine?, It's a custom built club sport exhaust that sound like the end of the world

17. samlambo666

samlambo666 Rookie

Jun 1, 2020
    Full Name:
    Sameer Aswani
    Thanks

18. MITengineer

MITengineer Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2004
    Montana
    I just bought a 1998 Diablo SV at RM auction. Last 4 of the chassis is #900. Anyone have any details on ownership history or other details? I can surface it was owned my Norweigan billionaire Andreas Ugland who also started the Cayman Motor Museum with a collection of 80+ cars. Andreas passed recently (hence the opportunity to purchase the car). Looks like he purchased the vehicle in 1999 (from an Italian fellow). Anyone have other details on this car - I'm hoping to import the vehicle into USA as soon as it hits its 25 year mark, so any details on the production history (and supporting documentation) would be helpful.

19. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    this one? congrats! looks like you got a screaming deal!? any stories with it?
    https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/0420/open-roads--the-european-summer-auction/lots/r0016-1998-lamborghini-diablo-sv/918158

20. MITengineer

Feb 18, 2004
    Montana
    That's the car! Yeah didn't think I would win. Its getting serviced now in the UK so we'll see if it has major needs, but they said overall appearance of the car is fantastic. The main story is that it has to sit in a bonded warehouse for 2 years before it can be imported. There's back-taxes owed in the EU on the car (so if an EU buyer purchased the car they'd need to pay to get it one road) but as long as the car is kept on an export bond it can come to USA without paying that tax. So in essence, the car will be stuck in "limbo" for a while. It was owned by a Norweigan shipping magnate (Andreas Ove Ugland) who went to the Cayman islands to avoid taxes (https://www.ft.com/content/0e4778ac-620e-11e1-820b-00144feabdc0), seems he did so with his cars too!

21. simpen

simpen Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2016
    Very nice color combination with the color-coded wheels. What kind of exhaust system is on the car? Looks like GT tips

22. MITengineer

Feb 18, 2004
    Montana
  23. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2007
    Milano - Italia
    Full Name:
    Cardinal
    #624 Boomhauer, Nov 6, 2021