Diagnostic trouble codes P0420, P0410 | FerrariChat

Diagnostic trouble codes P0420, P0410

Discussion in '348/355' started by bders001, Jan 14, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bders001

bders001 Rookie

Jan 4, 2015
    Burbank, Ca
    I have two codes on my 98 f355 f1 spyder, I had someone check out the codes but he couldn't tell me what they mean. I've done a bit of research on the P0410 and it sounds like the problem is from the air injection system but I'm not 100% sure. I couldn't find any information on the P0420 code. I also have the air suspension light on was wondering if it has anything to do with that? Anyone know what that means?

2. drbob101

drbob101 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 26, 2012
    Tinton Falls, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bob Ferraris
    How did you make out with your codes?

The suspension light is unrelated to them. There is no air ride suspension in your car.

3. junglistluder

junglistluder F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2007
    VA
    Full Name:
    Brendan
    #3 junglistluder, Jan 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
    P0410 is likely a blown fuse for your air injection pump. Do you hear a high pitched whine from the rear right during the first few minutes of start up? If not, check the fuse.

P0420 is for bad catalytic converter. Are your cats original? Do you have high flow cats or test pipes installed? Either could cause this code. If you have original cats, one is likely bad. If you have high flow cats or test pipes, then you likely just need to install a rear O2 sensor spacer.

Suspension Light could mean the following:
    -You started the car several times without driving it, it will clear itself when you drive
    -You have a bad suspension actuator
    -You have a bad speed sensor
    -You need to toggle the suspension switch to the other position