458 - Did anyone install an interior carbon fiber door panels - on a 458 spider | Page 2 | FerrariChat

458 Did anyone install an interior carbon fiber door panels - on a 458 spider

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by sharon amos, Apr 4, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sharon amos

sharon amos Karting

Dec 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    sharon amos
  2. sharon amos

sharon amos Karting

Dec 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    sharon amos
    Got it guys. It’s beautiful- at first I was not 100% it would look good but now I’m in love

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. sharon amos

sharon amos Karting

Dec 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    sharon amos
  4. 338Lapua

338Lapua Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2015
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Glad it worked out for you. Looks great.

sharon amos likes this.
  5. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    A white 458 Spider kicks so much ass it hurts. Just biutifu!

Wazmo and sharon amos like this.
  6. spyder625

spyder625 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2017
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike
  7. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    These look great! Where are you guys getting your panels from? Darwin Pro, My Ricambi, or MA Carbon?

8. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
  9. sharon amos

sharon amos Karting

Dec 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    sharon amos
    Either would work, just go for the best price from these group and you should do great.

I can tell you that this was the greatest upgrade from my car other then the Kline exhaust system.

10. sharon amos

sharon amos Karting

Dec 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    sharon amos
    I got mine from my ricambi - perfect fit - no squeaking - easy installation and great customer support!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

11. spyder625

spyder625 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2017
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike
    looks amazing...

12. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    #37 Graz, Aug 13, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    Thank you Sharon. I called Ricambi and they told me they don't supply any carbon fiber anymore. FYI. Actually did a google search and it brought me to a site "My Ricambi" that does carry them.

13. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Duh, I just reread your post and you did say MY Ricambi. Sorry

14. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    HA!!!! I just bought an inconel Kline exhaust too. Lol Darwin Pro are the cheapest. Just not sure about the quality, the clips, etc.

15. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Hi Sharon. Do the panels really match the rest of the OEM carbon fiber panels in the rest of your interior? I see My Ricambi claims they do but I wanted to know from someone who actually installed them. Thanks

16. raclaims

raclaims Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2007
    Northern NJ
    Looks terrific...my 2010 came with them from the factory (coupe) and they look amazing

17. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    David at Exotic at Exotic car gear sells these panels too. Just placed my order with him.

18. autowerks9

autowerks9 Formula 3
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2009
    North Wales, Pa.
    Full Name:
    David S.
    We also offer the trunk trim panels for thwe 458 and 488

David

19. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Just installed carbon fiber door panels on my 458 Italia. Purchased them from MyRicambi. For those interested they are an identical match to the OEM panels and fit perfectly. Dennis at MyRicambi was extremely helpful and they offer a 100% refund if not completely satisfied. Here are some after photos:

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Labman and bball16 like this.
  20. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
  21. Rory breaker

Rory breaker Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2017
    I have them stock. No squeaks.

bball16 likes this.
  22. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    On a scale from 1-10, 10 being the easiest, how would you rate this install? Really thinking of getting these for my '11. Already changed the dash vents and love it. My Ricambi CF is as close to OEM as you can get.

23. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Hi Steve,

On a scale from 1-10 I would rate the install as a 5. The driver's side is relatively easy. The arm rest has to be removed as well as the door lever. The door lever has one screw located under the lever so no big deal. The arm rest has 2 screws underneath and a few you'll see that are obvious once you remove the stock panel. The panel is held in by push pins. Use a plastic pry tool to start removing the panel. Once you get it started it will pop off pretty easily. The MYRICAMBI carbon fiber panel has all the pins in place on the panel and they will fit into the corresponding holes just like the OEM panel.

The passenger door is a little more work because you have to remove not only the arm rest but the grasp handle. The leather covering the handle is pried off gently and the screws underneath are removed to free the handle. Next remove the arm rest and panel just as on the driver's side. Now here's the only little trick: there is a pin on the carbon fiber panel that has to be removed. Its the one that lines up exactly where the handle on the door attaches. Not a big deal, it just screws out, but you can't leave it in because that's where the screw goes to reinstall the handle. The hole in the carbon fiber is slightly smaller than the screw used to reattach the handle so you have to over drill it slightly. Not a big deal but it has to be addressed. Once that's done the panel should pop in fine. Prior to installing both panels the leather arm rests are installed onto the panel (pretty straight forward).

And BTW the MYRicambi carbon fiber panels match perfectly with the OEM carbon fiber in the rest of my interior.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me @ 973-768-0824

Best,
    Tom

Labman and Rory breaker like this.
  24. Nathan Pierro

Nathan Pierro Rookie

Oct 3, 2020
    Full Name:
    Nathaniel Thomas Pierro
  25. NuorderSG

NuorderSG Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Does anyone know if there are CF panels for the Entire doors for a 458? Would Speciale panels work? My 458 leather is in great condition, but it's a very delicate parchment color. It's just one careless mistake, by anyone, before it looks dinged up or stained. I am OCD when it comes to my car's interior.