Did Countach Anniversary come with a black spare | FerrariChat

Did Countach Anniversary come with a black spare

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by frached, Jul 24, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. frached

frached Rookie

May 20, 2017
    Tampa
    Full Name:
    Fares Rached
    I am looking for Countach spare and was always told that the Muira, Jalpa and Counting all had identical spares. I found one recently from an Anniversary and it is a back wheel as compared to the silver/gray finish I see on most Countach's. Just wondering if anyone knows if Anniversarys came with a black spare and why Lamborghini decided to do that. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    My former GLA12997 had a Gold spare wheel to match the golden wheels, black spare wheels were quite often seen on dark cars.

3. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    No idea why they went with black but I've only seen black spare wheels in some 88.5 and 25th Anniversarios.

Meanwhile, the Miura did not use the same spare wheel it used a standard Miura front wheel.

4. Lemacc

Lemacc Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 16, 2008
    Germany
    #4 Lemacc, Jul 25, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. Lemacc

Lemacc Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 16, 2008
    Germany
    #5 Lemacc, Jul 25, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    that is quite interesting. I am still learning stuff here. So there seems to be no hard line rules on the color even as Joe seem to point out that black was only used starting late 88 to anniv.
    I was under the impression the black was unique to the 25th. I did not realize some 25th had silver as well. As usual trying to find a cut off line on anything about the factory during those time is really like chasing a rabbit.
    What i do know is the wheel of the QV and the 25th are identical in shape

7. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    There are no hard line rules about many things throughout Countach production.

8. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    My car was delivered with gold wheels and black spare, on Rosso siviglia/bianco Oct 87

9. gday

gday Formula 3

Sep 10, 2004
    CA, USA - NSW, AUS
    Full Name:
    Mick
    My 25th spare is black. Only question about anything non black is being able to confirm its 100% original as apposed to what's in place now?

-mick

PS Had a big weekend - opened my 25th's tool kit for the first time in 28 years!

10. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Veteran

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia
    Most of them did
    but there is not general rule for colors of the spare

i have seen silver, gold, black and even white ones. and i believe all originals

11. frached

frached Rookie

May 20, 2017
    Tampa
    Full Name:
    Fares Rached
    A big thanks to everyone who replied with input regarding the black spare. I am new to the Countach world but I was wondering why so many Contact's are missing their spares but yet the spares eventually pop up for sale. Are there any published numbers on how many Contact's are left in the world? With a little over 2k being made through the Countach lifecycle, there had to be a large number of them which have been destroyed or parted out.