Did you drive your Dino today? I did! | Page 20 | FerrariChat

Did you drive your Dino today? I did!

Discussion in '206/246' started by dinogts, Nov 28, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    I hope she was duly impressed!

dino2X6lover likes this.
  2. dino2X6lover

dino2X6lover Karting

May 26, 2015
    Los altos, CA
    Full Name:
    . . .
    I’m not sure how impressed she was.

Some of her comments:

————————
    Her: “How can you drive without music?”

Me: “You’re supposed to be listening to the engine.”

Her: (Looks at me strangely)

————————-
    Me: (Trying to show off) “Watch this. (I step on accelerator and smoothly switch all the way from gear 1 to 5). WOW, doesn’t that sound beautiful?! I love this car!!!”

Her: “Uh . . . I can barely hear myself it’s so loud.”

————————-
    Her: “this is so weird being so low to the ground.”

Me: “yeah it’s amazing! Don’t you feel like you’re one with the road. So much more control and that feeling!”

Her: “it feels like we’re going a hundred miles an hour (we’re going 40 km/h). Yeah I don’t really like it.”

—————————
    (We are taking a long ramp in the shape of a Half circle onto the freeway and there are two lanes side by side. There is a car in the next lane who is a bit in front of me. I want to show her how the Dino handles around a long curve and off course I want to pass the other car to the freeway. I accelerate, taking the long curve. You can feel the pressure of the turn).

Her: (She feels the pressure of us accelerating in the curve. She grabs onto the door or anything she can grab hold of. We pass the other car and make it onto the freeway) “WHOA! SLOW down!! You’re crazy!! WHAT are you doing?!! You’re going way too fast!!!!”

Me: “Geez. This is what these cars are made for...I literally do this all the time”

—————————
    Her: “Your speedometer is in km?! How do you know how fast you’re going?!”

—————————
    (After circling 5 times around the restaurant looking for a parking space and we’re already 15 min late for our reservation)

Her: “WAIT! There’s one there, one there! Right across from the restaurant too!” (Pointing to a spot between 2 cars)

Me: “Naw, don’t worry, I’ll find a better one.”

Her: “What? No, get that one!”

Me: I ignore her and drive 3 blocks further away and find a nice large spot with room on either side.

————————-
    (We park. She opens the door very carefully)

Her: “I hate opening the door of this car. It’s so low. Always afraid I’m going to hit something . . .”

Me: (feeling great that she feels she needs to be careful). “Uh yeah, you need to be careful.” (Heheh, never can be too careful)

Her: “It’s so low, it’s so hard to get out of this car. It’s so embarrassing trying to get out” (she says as she wears a floor length dress)

(She finally gets out, shakes herself off, straightens her dress and let’s off an annoyed “ugh!” sound)

———————-
    Her: “Babe, can you open the trunk so I can get my bag please?”

Me: (I pull the lever to open the trunk)

Her: (She hears a click but looks confused. She looks at the trunk and doesn’t know if it’s open or closed)

Me: “It’s open, just pull it all the way up and it will stay open.”

Her: (She awkwardly pulls up the trunk and holds it open as she grabs her bag.)

Me: (I’m still in the driver seat) “it’s ok, let go slowly and the trunk will stay up.”

(Suddenly a cold sweat passes over me as I imagine her not knowingly slamming down on the truck to close it as it is stuck in lock position. I can literally see in my head the trunk slamming down and hearing a massive crunch!! I jump out of the car frantic)

Me: “WAIT!!!! STOP!!!! DON’T CLOSE THE TRUNK!! Step away from the car!”

(I yell as she has both hands on the top of the trunk ready to close it.)

Oh. My. God. Phew! Dodged a massive bullet there

———————-
    (I lock up the car and hold the hand of my wife of 14 years as we start walking to the restaurant. We pass a guy on his phone who has been staring at the car since I parked)

Him: (He pulls his phone off his ear to tell me) “Really nice car!! Just WOW!” (With a big thumbs up)

At least, he sounded impressed . . .

———————-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-K1- and pshoejberg like this.
  3. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Women can be very strange!:D

4. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California

Sounds like you need a new wife!

Freeman

Bluebottle likes this.
  5. er72

er72 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2008
    Roslyn Harbor, NY
    Full Name:
    Eugene
    cgt000 and Bluebottle like this.
  6. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

This morning Renee and I drove our Dino through the Santa Monica Mountains to Malibu to our new “secret” C&C. We met up with Rob and Annetta with their dog “Dino”. Lots of great quality cars (and people) for the first one!

On the way back we decided to take Mulholland through the twistys, past the Rock Store, passing the Paramount film ranch. I am so pleased by how the Dino handles. Really tight precise steering, immediate throttle response (The Stratos induction is awesome!)! The sound! Flawless! Magic!

Freeman

7. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    lovely.... :) I think I need a "Dino" dog too.....

8. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    Dino is 14. Annetta said he was born at 2:46!

9. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    This is a Dido dog, but she does like riding alongside me in my Dino.:)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Dido was born at ‎19:54 on 29 ‎January ‎2009 - I know because I delivered her:

11. need4speed

need4speed Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Pacific Palisades
  12. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

OUCH - !?!?!?!?

13. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    I drove mine yesterday. Wonderful as always, but a little hesitant when I accelerate from around 2,500 rpm, so I am going to have to get it checked over.

14. need4speed

need4speed Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Pacific Palisades
    No damage.
    Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

15. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Amazing! Normally that nose will bend if you breath on it wrong.

16. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I drove mine for the first time this year .. she started right up I put some fresh gas in it and filled the tires to the proper inflation a quick detailing then took her for a nice drive .. This being a holiday weekend and since I live in a resort city the police were out in force thats one of the things I love about the Dino I could blast the streets engine screaming and still not get in trouble ... .... such a fun car.......
    now inspired I decided to take my 930 out for a drive also..... the 930 is much more modern feeling and a great deal of fun love it when the turbo kicks in.... I can't help but smile....all in all a nice day driving ........

-K1- likes this.
  17. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Uhh, the general "rule" so to speak, is that if you drove your car, take a photo of it when you drove it, and post it the same day, or as near to the same day as possible! :)

18. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    I drove mine today. Picked it up from Carrs who had cured a misfire for me (new leads and plugs) - It's like a new car compared to the one I left with them on Tuesday!:):):)

I also drove my E-type. I love them both and on paper their performance is very similar, but they are very different cars: the Dino is the highly-strung guy who does the 100 yard sprint, the E-type is the relaxed marathon runner. One really needs to rev, the other will pull like a steam train from tickover.

yankeleh and pshoejberg like this.
  19. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

What year is you E-type coupe?

20. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    '63

21. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
  22. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Is that the V8 Dino that Kevin O'Rourke built parked next to yours, Freeman?

23. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
  24. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    It takes a while to get used to the size of the wheels, and it's not going to be everyone's cup of tea, but I do admire what Kevin has done, and the balls of the owner to commission the project, knowing that he would probably come in for a fair amount of criticism from the purists, and have to dig VERY deep into his pocket to fund it.

What do you make of it, having seen it in the metal?

25. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    From a designer’s perspective, I’m probably overly critical and would explore alternative aesthetic solutions. Technically it seems beautifully engineered. Aesthetics are subjective. I would have no reservations on having Kevin and Mototechnique work on my Dino!

Freeman