F8 - Difference between Quick & Fast | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F8 Difference between Quick & Fast

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by xBox, Dec 31, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Invincible is a good adjective for the new TTS.

tekaefixe and GT2goneF like this.
  2. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #27 Shadowfax, Jan 1, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
    It is what it is. Where Porsche really brings home the bacon is in the precision of their controls, which make the car feel so hard wired and connected with the driver. The action and modulation of the controls is a real weak area for Ferrari which needs a quite lot of work imho. Im not even going to bother mentioning their crap electronics and MI - no point as they clearly don't have the expertise to fix it. They really are quite a way back now in may areas. If you haven't driven the Porsche in anger then you will think the Ferrari is fine but once you drive the Porsche it becomes obvious just how much better the whole car is sorted as a properly functioning drivers package.

And the fact the tts can beat lighter and more powerful cars the way it does just goes to further show the superiority in the overall engineering of the car as a cohesive properly working package. The annoying this is you pay so much more for the Ferrari but other than getting a different styling and more power, the rest you just get so much less of. It's quite ridiculous. You could maybe accept the deficiencies if the pricing of the two cars was reversed.

GT2goneF likes this.
  3. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Again, we agree. I said the same thing a few lines ago.

4. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    As long as we keep buying them, they will keep selling and outpricing the competition. Ferrari is not considered a carmaker, it is a brand of luxury.

tekaefixe and dpw98 like this.
  5. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    Disappointed MotorTrend overlaid the Lambo V10 sound on the final race. Just like Ferrari did on the official Pista video. Do they seriously think they’re gonna sneak that by us car enthusiasts and no one is gonna notice?

6. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    No...the Ferrari is very connected to me, in the most physical way, when my fingers are stuck on the sticky buttons. Jokes aside. I think Porsche's new generation of car, even with the GT division, is not as good as the older generations when the steering feel is much more alive. The gpf definitely does not help.

Yup, it's the allure and the prestige that is at work to the advantage of Ferrari as the brand.

GT2goneF likes this.
  7. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I agree my 997 GT2 is more connected to the road than 991 Porsche Gen.

IloveGT likes this.
  8. FordGTDriver

FordGTDriver Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2007
    Agreed; and my 993TT is more connected in all ways than my 997TT. My 930 is more connected still. One can feel the cars become more refined, and simultaneously more distant, as they progress through time. I can't stop driving the early air-cooled cars. They make the later cars feel almost disappointing. Fast, yes. But disconnected.

FWIW, I'll take the Pista's imperfections over the towering work of technical brilliance that is the 992 Turbo. Now, a GT3 Touring, that may be another matter.

Manda racing, GT2goneF and Coincid like this.
  9. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Could not agree more. Had a 993 Turbo and foolishly replaced it with a 996 Turbo. While speed, and precision was elevated, the driving excitement and connection was incalculably diminished. Owned it for a year and could not wait to replace it for a variety of 997s- First the C2S cab and eventually with Turbo and Turbo S and a GT3 which did capture some of the 993 magic. I then drove a 993 C2S. Less than half the power, but twice the driving enjoyment. The car 's connection and compelling driving dynamics was a revelation. Eventually parted with all things Porsche and have not regretted it. The new models, while offering exalted capabilities and speed, leave me unimpressed. While the GT series do offer a more immersive and engaging driving persona, the Porsche designers must be the laziest group in all of car design. For me, not befitting an exotic. A super car which must not only perform as one, it must look the part.

10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Quick = Torque = Acceleration = Tesla

Fast = HP = Performance at Speed = Ferrari

Manda racing likes this.
  11. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    993 Gen and the 930 are among my favorites!