Dino 206 #0184 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Dino 206 #0184

Discussion in '206/246' started by omgjon, Oct 5, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
    Yes, one large and one small.

2. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
  3. daytonaman

daytonaman Formula Junior

May 1, 2007
    Australia
    Full Name:
    howard pigdon
    engraving result work of art, absolutely amazing

NYC Fred likes this.
  4. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
  5. Ken Ivey

Ken Ivey Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 6, 2013
    Portland, OR, USA
    Full Name:
    Ken Ivey
    Very cool - no pun intended...

6. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
    Sooooooo the haters will be out in force! I really dislike the fiberglass in these cars as it is ill fitting and looks horrible even though most is covered with carpet and undercoat. One of my fiberglass fenders was damaged so here is my chance. Repair fiberglass or go aluminum how it should of been done at the factory. I'm sure it would of been too costly for Ferrari and they took took the cheapest way out. As most is covered I will be the only one to know what is really there! A heck of a lot better than fiberglass!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login View attachment 3487903

88porsche944, JCR, NoGoSlow and 2 others like this.
  7. 74dino246gts

74dino246gts Karting

Aug 6, 2004
    Northern California
    Original or not that is really nice work! How many pieces/welds make up the fender in the first picture?

8. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
    It's 2 pieces.

74dino246gts likes this.
  9. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Beautiful work Jon! I must conclude you will also aluminize the batchboard, the interior, et al?

The rear fender guards will require bountiful tar covering, as every pebble will dent them...

Regards, Alberto

10. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    great....
    more hours of my life spent viewing another one of Jon's amazing projects!
    I look forward to swinging by some time... I live in the Austin area, was OOT for the FCA tour!

11. collegeboy

collegeboy Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2007
    Texas and Kaua’i
    Full Name:
    Mikey
    I love this. Would love to be able to get a Dino one day. Enjoy!

12. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
    A few jobs today that are unique to the 206. The air canister and air filter are lettered with individual letters, not 1 decal. I had these sheets printed for me and each letter is rubbed off individually. The dash is unique to the the 206 and rather crude. The actual glove boxes are metal cans lined with felt. If you notice they made the cans too big and they hit on the frame. Ferrari mechanics use the favorite Dino tool in their box, the hammer! The boxes were beaten down to fit. I've restored three 206's and they were all this way. On the L model they corrected this and made the boxes a little less deep. We did make one new box and the original fit so poorly. The early 206 dashes were all vinyl with later ones being a combination of mousehair and Dino vinyl. The L used all mousehair. The other unique feature on the dash was a dual rheostat that controlled both the wiper speed and the dash lights. This one was rebuilt by Jim Simpson at Oddparts to make it a bit more reliable and it was broken.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

swift53 and isuk like this.