Dino 246 GT tool kit pliers | FerrariChat

Dino 246 GT tool kit pliers

Discussion in '206/246' started by russh, Apr 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. russh

russh Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Russell Hazarian
    I have a 1971 Dino 246 GT I wanted to know if anyone can tell me who the original manufacturer was for the pliers that were included in the tool kit. Can anyone tell me if the original pliers have any writing on them?

Thanks!

Russell

2. racerboy9

racerboy9 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    I believe the pliers are the same that come in some Fiat/Lancia tool kits. These come up on Ebay frequently for small money. I will have a look and get back. I don't think there is any writing on them.

3. shaughnessy

shaughnessy Formula 3

Apr 1, 2004
    Wolfeboro NH
    Full Name:
    Thomas E Shaughnessy
    They rarely come up on ebay, I look everyday. under Fiat,Lancia,Ferrari, Italian pliers. Trust me they are not out there.
    Unsure who made the pliers in italy there are 5 different styles of pliers 1958-1974 that I have seen. David Smith scowered a swap meet at Imola, Italy
    2 years ago only to come home with one pair. I have Repro pliers in stock
    I will purchase every set of original pliers anyone comes up with. $300 waiting
    Tom Shaughnessy, Ferrari Parts and Sales San Clemente CA

4. racerboy9

racerboy9 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    #4 racerboy9, Apr 17, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hear are pics of my pliers. One from my original Dino tool kit that has lost it's plating and two from a Lancia tool kit and one smaller imposter. The big ones are exactly the same. PM me as I think I know where to find one.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. russh

russh Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Russell Hazarian
    Thank you very much for posting the picture. This is really great and it is very helpful.

Russell

6. possum

possum Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2008
    australia
    Full Name:
    johnno
    Are the ones on ebay now for 170 pound fake?