"Dino: Car of the North" | FerrariChat

"Dino: Car of the North"

Discussion in '206/246' started by NYC Fred, Jan 19, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
    David246GT likes this.
  2. er72

er72 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2008
    Roslyn Harbor, NY
    Full Name:
    Eugene
    Great read -- thank you for sharing!

3. MarkT

MarkT Karting

Jun 7, 2004
    mountains-NC
    Full Name:
    Mark Turczyn
    Vintage Egan- spent time with him twice. First time up at Mossport for a three-day Ducati track event- he brought his 900SS- and joined us for dinner on the last night. Second time he came into the DC area driving a 356B coupe that needed a fuel pump. I pulled one off one of my 356's and installed it -we had dinner and off he went on one of his trips for an article.

This Dino in Winter article reminded me of the time I plowed into a snowdrift in my Dino. I was on a first date in '76 and it was one of those bright blue sunny days after a week of snow. I took the Dino out because the roads were somewhat clear (in those days I drove my Dino all seasons). I was coming up a hill and saw what I thought was melted water--turned out to be black ice because the sun never shown on the uphill section of the road. Soon as I hit the ice I started doing 360's-- I think I did three back and forth across the road and finally came back into my lane and plowed into a four-foot snow drift. Lucky for us it was not a frozen wall. Buried the dino up to the windshield. Have to give the lady credit-- never made a sound as I was trying to manage the spinning Dino. Dino was still running- put it in reverse- got out of the snow drift- jumped out and examined the front end and found no damage. We spent the next few hours driving through farm country enjoying the day. I have owned my Dino since '74 and have collected many memories where the Dino saved itself from destruction when I got stupid with it. Great car and will be the last of my cars and bikes I sell- hopefully many many years from now.

David246GT, Rory J, dgt and 1 other person like this.