Dino F40 | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Dino F40

Discussion in '206/246' started by msdesignltd, May 28, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!

That's sort of the annoying thing about seeing Lee and this car plastered all over youtube. The usual suspect channels and periodicals drool like it's been blessed by Enzo's ghost and Papal fish hat with grand gilded staff in tow. This is hardly the first time a Ferrari engine has been ITB injected and modified like this, yet for some reason in every one of these videos they seem to act like it is. It is certainly not an F40 block as Lee and everyone writes and states in every single one of these videos. I don't want to knock Lee, but it does not sound like he's a gear head, or at least one that turns a wrench on these things. Neat engine, good execution, but hardly a new totally unique concept. Frankstein Ferrari's, which can be awesome, are all over the place.

I have to wonder if the description was altered for the masses as it is indeed sexier to say, "F40 block with custom injection", then it is to say, "Mondial (the horror!) drivetrain with custom injection".......

TTR, HotShoe and BMW.SauberF1Team like this.
  2. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    So David's still full of crap.

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  3. redwood

redwood Karting

Apr 30, 2018
    Brisbane and Edinburgh
    So whatever came of the production run of 25 cars with F40 engine blocks?

4. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    When I saw Kevin in Maranello in the summer, he told me that the first year's production (5) was already pre-sold.

redwood and G. Pepper like this.
  5. redwood

redwood Karting

Apr 30, 2018
    Brisbane and Edinburgh
    I don't know where Mototechnique is going to find a load of F40 blocks but definitely looking forward to seeing these on the road. Ferrari world needs to embrace the "outlaw" idea just like Porsches. They can be very good.

Bluebottle likes this.
  6. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Piero LARDI Ferrari. Don't fall for Ferrari revisionist history misinformation please. :) That is why Enzo only had ONE legitimate son, Dino. :)

7. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    So, Magnus Walker now has partial credit for this.

redwood likes this.
  8. redwood

redwood Karting

Apr 30, 2018
    Brisbane and Edinburgh
    Nice to see the Porsche outlaw tradition rubbing off on Ferrari.

9. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004
    i read somewhere in the past years ago that the lancia 8.32 block which differs from the 308qv/328/mondial qv were 348 blocks? any truth to this?

10. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick