Dino Fiat 2000 Coupé 1969 | FerrariChat

Dino Fiat 2000 Coupé 1969

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by Osvaldo Giugni, Jul 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Osvaldo Giugni

Jul 3, 2020
    Full Name:
    Osvaldo Giugni
    Goodmorning everybody,
    I am an Italian guy new to the forum.
    I've got the car in the title and I'm working on it to get it running well.
    I've serched everywhere in the net tech info and found a lot, but I still miss two important info.
    May be some of you guy can help me.
    1) I would like to check cylinder compression but I could't find how much prussure is supposed to be.
    2) On the car is missing the expansion thank cap, so I do not know how much is supposed to be the opening pressure.

Can anybody help for the beast getting back on the road?

Best Regards
    Osvaldo Giugni

MK1044 likes this.
  2. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    I have seen .9 to 1.1 bar pressure on the expansion radiator caps (at least from what Superformance sells) (http://www.superformance.co.uk/fiat/cooling.html)

Typically I had quantified 150+ psi for compression as "appropriate" for the Dino, but I suppose it depends a lot engine by engine. Also, use the search bar here to look for similar questions even if it's a 2.0 or 2.4 Ferrari, same engine will return a lot more insight on some of your questions.

MK1044 likes this.
  3. dinoart

dinoart Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2004
    Westminster CA
    Full Name:
    David
    My mechanic ran the compression test on my 67 2.0 liter spider about 4 months ago and came up between 145 to 150 psi all around. He used to work at the Torino Fiat plant in the 70s and 80s and gave it a clean bill of health.

4. Peter Tabmow

Peter Tabmow Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2010
    I'm sure you'll find pretty much everything you need at http://fiatdinoforum.org...

5. DWR46

DWR46 Formula 3
    Honorary

Jun 19, 2012
    .9 bar for the expansion tank cap. Agree 140-150 psi or better is a very good engine.