Dino on Ebay | FerrariChat

Dino on Ebay

Discussion in '206/246' started by TNF, Jul 15, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TNF

TNF Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
  2. scuderiaCJB

scuderiaCJB Rookie

Jul 7, 2005
    Full Name:
    CJB
    Campy wheels with a cromodora spare? Is this common and/or concours acceptable? Looks like it'll bring decent money even for ebay

3. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Probably only has 4 Campys, so they run the Cromodora spare. Just swap 'em for shows, no biggie.

I'd like to know what they expect to get for the car, it's not shown on their website.

DM

4. nerodino

nerodino Formula 3
    BANNED

May 19, 2005
    Suffolk UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Very nice indeed. but if i was picky, wheres the front grille? it's got chicken wire!! and theres screws holding the door panels on.

5. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    i hadn't noticed the chicken wire, maybe that was the previously unknown challenge front grille upgrade.

you would think for being a platinum winner, this car wouldn't have an incorrect grille.

6. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

and Radio and steering wheel. :D

7. vintageracer27

vintageracer27 Karting

Dec 9, 2004
    Middletown, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian
    reserve not met with a final bid of $97,100.00

8. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    The second to the last photo where the front hood is open clearly shows the front grill there. The chicken wire appears to be on the open vent below the grill

9. nerodino

nerodino Formula 3
    BANNED

May 19, 2005
    Suffolk UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    OOPS!

10. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    No problem, it was very difficult to see
    Poor photography on the seller's part. I often over-ride my camera's auto-flash and have the flash on in the daylight as a fill. This is one of those times it should have been used by the dealer.

The Campy wheels are also the aftermarket type as the inside curves are too smooth - not dimpled like the originals (from sand castings I believe).

11. 4redno

4redno Formula 3

Mar 21, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Keith Mitchell Wintraub
    FYI, I believe this same car is listed for sale in the Ferrari Market Letter at $140K so clearly $97K won't cut it. Nice car. IMHO, Dinos look great in silver.

12. ENZOSON

ENZOSON Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2004
    Erie, Colorado
    Full Name:
    PIETRO
    #12 ENZOSON, Jul 19, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. cbreed

cbreed Formula Junior

May 10, 2005
    Jonestown, Tx
    Full Name:
    Charles
    I stopped by and viewed the car last week, Juan gave me a quick run down on all the work he did over the last several years. It did not get a "frame-off" restoration, but it did have most everything replaced or repaired. They claim it won best in show and best dino at Concorso in 2004 (I think). I thought it was very clean, good driver, plain jane, not the big dollars that the GTS flares and Chairs get, just a simple clean older GT. It is not a 100 pt car, certainly in the 90 + point range. just my .02 cents

14. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    auction ended at $120k, reserve not met

15. tzucc

tzucc Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2003
    I know this car somewhat, same mechanic who works on my Dino (Juan).
    The car is very clean, and the paint is fantastic. And yes, I personally watched it win Best Dino and Best in Show at CI in 2004. It almost won the year before, but the judge had nitpicked on the wrong type of screws in the trunk lid area. For 04, Juan made sure everything was in perfect order, which apparently it was.
    I was told today that the car is now sold, but not thru eBay. Price was not disclosed.

btw, if you need a F wrencher, esp for a Dino, I don't think you can do better than Juan. As proven by his delivering the best in show award to the Dino's owner.

16. GTSguy

GTSguy Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I was told today that the car is now sold, but not thru eBay. Price was not disclosed.

A friend has made several calls about this car over the last couple weeks. At one point the car was supposed to have a standing offer of $135,000 which was refused.... Then the car went off ebay. Then it came back. Sounds fishy as .....

17. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott

Did it have the repro Campy's on it when it won?
    I'd think that would weigh more heavily than the wrong trim screws in the trunk.
    I saw Tish Thineson give instructions to the Judges, then again Concorso Italiano has changed since 1987 when I started going...

18. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    It does happen. Private negotiations with a vendor on eBay sometimes result in the car being pulled off the auction and sold privately at a higher price than the last bid. Happened to me last year. If the negotiations fall through, the car would probably be relisted. This is what might have happened to this car.

19. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Scott -
    You and I have talked about this recently, but it still burns me that a few years ago when the CI featured Pininfarina, Tish's Dino was displayed in the designer's "Circle of Glory," yet it didn't have the windshield wipers attached and it generally looked worse than any of the Dinos on display (including ours that we had driven down the night before from Seattle and then quickly washed before being placed on the fairway).

How does one become a judge anyway? I submit that if you can't be bothered to set an example under the circumstances, you shouldn't be judging, or setting the standards for, others.

Mark

20. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott

Here, here.
    I believe they call that "patina"
    (tongue firmly in cheek)