Dino rip off, need advice | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Dino rip off, need advice

Discussion in '206/246' started by DinoSteve, May 10, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

paulchua likes this.
  2. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Yeah, this is going the wrong direction for sure.

3. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    ROFL, tach 3K repair….

4. DinoSteve

DinoSteve Karting

Apr 13, 2022
    Wayland,MA
    Full Name:
    Steve Gilbert
    Everybody makes mistakes

5. DinoSteve

DinoSteve Karting

Apr 13, 2022
    Wayland,MA
    Full Name:
    Steve Gilbert

6. DinoSteve

DinoSteve Karting

Apr 13, 2022
    Wayland,MA
    Full Name:
    Steve Gilbert
    Everybody makes mistakes

7. DinoSteve

DinoSteve Karting

Apr 13, 2022
    Wayland,MA
    Full Name:
    Steve Gilbert

How much for each side that had the speakers mounted. As someone said just cover the holes. I just wish I knew they were going to be holes on both sides on the interior before I bought it

8. tim bowles

tim bowles Karting

Mar 6, 2020
    gallatin tn
    Full Name:
    M Tim Bowles
    Ferrari v12 cars are amazing. The 275 is still one of my all time favorites. I think if you drive a dino, you'd understand. They're light at 2380 pounds, and they do have something the 12 cylinder cars didn't have, mid engine handling. And the sound of that 4 Cam engine is special in its own right.

9. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    This thread is a waste of time. Good-bye.

DinoSteve likes this.
  10. russh

russh Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Russell Hazarian
    I have read this posting, and I truely am confused about the purpose of the posting.

11. DinoSteve

DinoSteve Karting

Apr 13, 2022
    Wayland,MA
    Full Name:
    Steve Gilbert
    Yup

12. DinoSteve

DinoSteve Karting

Apr 13, 2022
    Wayland,MA
    Full Name:
    Steve Gilbert
    The purpose is because everybody’s asking me for the VIN and who I bought it from it’s not everybody’s business on Ferrari chat

13. russh

russh Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Russell Hazarian
    I personally don't care what the VIN is or who you bought it from. That isn't my point.

14. DinoSteve

DinoSteve Karting

Apr 13, 2022
    Wayland,MA
    Full Name:
    Steve Gilbert
    Here’s the thing gang,

My car has been seen by a very well known shop (they work on all the athletes and doctors and lawyers very diverse cars) that I have been bringing my cars to for years, a famous collector that has quite a few very expensive concours cars and a well know judge of local car shows here, and all three of them agreed that I got ripped off. They all said maybe this car is worth $390,000 at best because it is so shabby and needs so much work.. That’s not what I’m saying that’s what they’re saying.
    Although I am brand new to this forum, I’m certainly not new to the world of vintage Ferraris.
    So you all can go on the thread and tell me how ignorant I am, and go on and judge me, and put me down but until you’ve walked a mile in my shoes…
    I’m not a know it all.
    The two mistakes I made was not finding somebody out there to inspect the car. My bigger mistake was trusting people. The person that told me about the car and told me about the dealer I bought it from is a very, very, very close friend. If can’t trust him who can I trust? In fact I haven’t gotten him involved in this because of our friendship. He’s offered to call the guy that he knows that sold me the car, but this transaction is between the seller and me and nobody else, and that includes all you people on this Ferrari chat. I obviously never should have posted it to began with, I never thought I’d be letting out this “can of worms.”
    I’ve read on the threads that many of you have bought cars without seeing it first and without a PPI, but you didn’t get ripped off because the car was not misrepresented to you by a crook.
    I never thought I was going to be inundated with so much information from this forum and as i said I certainly regret ever posting this thread. I am very overwhelmed and I know now not to write anything here ever again.
    Also I wasn’t gonna fly out there because I wasn’t gonna risk catching Covid back then. The bottom line I’m buying a car from a used car salesman and you all know the clichés. So you people can sit here on the thread and chastise me and continue to have your fun it’s that I’m just not as smart as you are about purchasing
    cars.

btw. If anybody knows any good shops that could work on my car in Metrowest here in Massachusetts I would appreciate it.
    I have answer every thread you’ve sent me and I wish we could all stop this thread now, it’s time to get off the keyboard and drive our cars.

SeaRay likes this.
  15. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Steve the race starts in 30 mins ...

DinoSteve likes this.
  16. Sergio Tavares

Sergio Tavares Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2018
    Full Name:
    Sergio Tavares
    Bigger expenses total then get the bigger windfall from lawsuit as court gives based on damages amount.
    Every action here was to setup the lawyer situation.
    So American to seek the lump sum, yet no $500 for airfare to see car before SMH

Think about the future of this dino 06156 in buyer's eyes; mama mia
    6 years ago the head gasket fail and now it has $7,000.00 of internal motori work and is still not finished.

paulchua likes this.
  17. DinoSteve

DinoSteve Karting

Apr 13, 2022
    Wayland,MA
    Full Name:
    Steve Gilbert
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. DinoSteve

DinoSteve Karting

Apr 13, 2022
    Wayland,MA
    Full Name:
    Steve Gilbert
    I never said it is 06156. I wasn't going to risk dying from Covid to fly out there so it wasn't the $500.00. I have medical issues, I'm not taking any chances. I should have found someone there to inspect it, my stupid mistake. The other mistake was to trust people. These are very expensive items we're foolig around with here.

19. DinoSteve

DinoSteve Karting

Apr 13, 2022
    Wayland,MA
    Full Name:
    Steve Gilbert
    I loved my '84 Quattrovalvole

20. Bergman

Bergman Rookie

Aug 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Berg
    Car dealers are never your friend

SeaRay and DinoSteve like this.
  21. Bergman

Bergman Rookie

Aug 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Berg
    What does working on "athletes, doctors and lawyers cars" mean? This would actually scare me as these people generally know nothing about cars

DinoSteve likes this.
  22. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    dont compound your medical issues by stressing out out on fixable problems w a car. this car may prove deadlier than covid to you.

paulchua and DinoSteve like this.
  23. DinoSteve

DinoSteve Karting

Apr 13, 2022
    Wayland,MA
    Full Name:
    Steve Gilbert
    Thank you for your text you are one of a few people on this thread that have been nice

24. DinoSteve

DinoSteve Karting

Apr 13, 2022
    Wayland,MA
    Full Name:
    Steve Gilbert
    ha ha ha I like your text
    I wasn’t looking for a friend I was just looking for honesty.

25. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Hey. That hits pretty close to home!

Doctors know nothing about cars?

I’ll have you know we are equally dumb about planes, boats, the stock market and real estate! :)