Dino Saga 081019 _ Searching Dino Sagas on FChat | FerrariChat

Dino Saga 081019 _ Searching Dino Sagas on FChat

Discussion in 'Corbani's Corner' started by John Corbani, Oct 19, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. John Corbani

John Corbani Formula 3
    Honorary Owner

May 5, 2005
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    John Corbani
    #1 John Corbani, Oct 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Dino Saga 081019 _ Searching Dino Sagas on FChat

Rob has been working overtime redoing FChat’s organization and operation. Lots of us have complained about the Search function so I thought I would take a look. Rob never tells us about changes so the only way to find out is to go exploring.

I have a lot of Sagas on the FChat server and I refer to them quite frequently when replying to newcomers to the 206/246 Dino Forum. I post an Index every six months to help you and me find subjects of interest. I was never able to generate such a list by using Search although I thought it should be possible. This time I tried again, using all the choices Rob gives us. By George, I got very close to an Index. Don’t know if I did something special this time or whether Rob did improve things. In any case, newcomers who might want to easily and quickly find all of the Sagas and the subject matter can use this technique. The listing you get is clickable so browsing or scanning the whole mess is easy. I didn’t include the subject matter in the titles of the early Sagas but the matching subject matter is in the 6 month indexes. Here is how you do it:

Click Search
    Go to Advanced Search:

Keyword(s) . . . . . . . Dino Saga
    Search Titles Only

Scroll down to Search Options:

Find Threads with Prefix . . . . .any prefix
    Find Threads with . . . . . . . . . at least . . . . .0 Replies

Find Posts from . . . . . . . . . . . Yesterday . . and Older

Sort Results by . . . . . . . . . . . Thread Start Date . . in Ascending Order

Show Results as . . . . . . . . . . Threads

Search in Forum(s) . . . . . . . . 206/246

Click . . . Search Now

I have tried it a number of times and it works every time. Everything must be set just so. Most everyone knows that the pictures can be printed or copied to your computer by right clicking the mouse and going from there. I keep the originals of almost all of the shots so if anyone wants a higher resolution picture, just ask and give me your Email address. I can send the picture as an attachment and you can edit them any way you want. I would appreciate a credit if you use one of my pictures in any of your posts. Thanks.

John
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 2GT

2GT Formula 3

Aug 25, 2008
    Western NY
    Full Name:
    Fred
    John, I never tire of looking at photos of your magnificent 246 GT! Fred