Dino suspension knocking! | FerrariChat

Dino suspension knocking!

Discussion in '206/246' started by Tabletcounter, Jul 25, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tabletcounter

Tabletcounter Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 30, 2005
    Cheshire UK
    Full Name:
    John
    I was out on Saturday afternnon in my Dino and became aware of a knocking noise coming from the rear when going over bumps.

When I got it home, I found it was on the left rear suspension.

Theres no more travel in the suspension than normal and it doesn't bounce when you push down that corner so I don't think its the shock.

I think its one of the bushes on the wishbones, but haven't been able to check yet.

2. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    John:

It is likely the top or bottom dampner bushing as you have surmised. The rubber gets tired, the metal center gets a little ovaled and you get a thump sound from the offending shock. Rebush and the problem should be solved.
    Best,

3. T.O. Dino

T.O. Dino Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2004
    Toronto Canada

I had the same problem, when I checked the condition of the bushings, I noticed I had no bushings left... one on the sway bar to wish bone ...the other from wishbone to frame. Changed all of them at the same time including the shock bushings which can be a pain to remove. The car feels nice and tight in the rear now with no more knocking. The front suspension is this winters project.