dis is a test | FerrariChat

dis is a test

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by PA Wolfpacker, Aug 25, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    #1 PA Wolfpacker, Aug 25, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
    I interrupt the Cali bashing with some good news. My new California arrived in NJ today and I should take delivery in a week or so. I hope to be able to give some feedback soon regarding driving impressions and overall satisfaction.

2. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Fantastic news!!!
    Looking forward to your real life impressions!!!!

3. Maximus

Maximus Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2009
    Assen, NL
    Full Name:
    Jurgen
    Congratulations! That must be a great phonecall you've received.

I, and I guess many others, am looking forward to some very beautiful California pictures! :) Which color and further options were ordered with your California?

4. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    Congratulations, I look forward to living vicariously through your experiences when you post them with pics.

5. PA Wolfpacker

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Exterior: Rosso Corsa
    Interior: Crema (wanted to be a little different than the traditional beige)
    Shields
    Red Callipers
    Magnaride (initially I was going to pass but decided it may be worthwhile in the long run)
    20" Diamond Wheels
    Front Parking Sensors
    Black seat piping
    Center console in Crema

I passed on the electric seats (thought they were priced too high). I also considered the Challenge seats but really liked the standard seats.

6. omniman

omniman Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2008
    Florida/Michigan
    Full Name:
    James L.
    Wolfpacker - I believe mine was on the same ship...counting the days!

7. jcavalie

jcavalie Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    Oakland, CA
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I think mine is also on that ship! Was due into NJ this week. Gonna be a couple more weeks for me though, as it has to get to CA.

8. PA Wolfpacker

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    My dealer told me two other Cali's that were held up for some reason are on that ship and it is causing a backup in processing. Maybe Ferrari decided to complete a big production run before vacation.

9. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    I have to wait until mid January! Be sure to post pictures. I am hugely jealous!

Rick

10. Maximus

Maximus Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2009
    Assen, NL
    Full Name:
    Jurgen
    Sounds truely stunning! I love the California and I'm looking forward to your pics :)

Very very nice combination :)

11. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Congrats!

OK, gotta get back to the bashing threads. It's hard to keep up. :(

12. PA Wolfpacker

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    She has arrived at Algar. Could be ready by this time tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

13. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Congrats!!!!!!!

14. agrun

agrun Formula Junior

May 24, 2009
    FLA
    nice, i need to wait until october/nov. enjoy. send photos

15. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Congrats. Post pictures of the birth (unloading :D)

16. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
  17. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    LMAO!!

18. PA Wolfpacker

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    #18 PA Wolfpacker, Aug 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  19. MGD416

MGD416 Formula 3

Jun 4, 2006
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Matt
    lookin good... once all this rain goes away you can have some fun

20. PA Wolfpacker

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    #20 PA Wolfpacker, Aug 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  21. MGD416

MGD416 Formula 3

Jun 4, 2006
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Matt
    the ride i had in one was quite a blast. once again, it looks good

22. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Nice pics nice specification.
    Tell us your driving impressions!

23. zjhoward

zjhoward Karting

Dec 15, 2007
    Full Name:
    Zachary Howard
    Very cool car. Enjoy it!

Just curious... Wolfpacker as in NCSU?

24. PA Wolfpacker

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Yes it is. I graduated many years ago and have since moved to PA. I really miss NC.

25. PA Wolfpacker

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Some background first: This is my first F-car so my point of reference will be my '03 SL. Also I do not consider myself a driving expert, more a guy that loves cars and enjoys driving. With that said here are some impressions based on about 2 hours of driving:

Cosmetic Issues: The launch control button that was in the demo car has been replaced with a SP button. I asked the dealer about this and he theorized it may have something to do with "the launch name may have been too aggressive". It performs the same but it is now incognito. One area to keep an eye on will be the rear deck where the hard top rests when closed. When open you will notice faint lines from the top. I had a clear coat applied to my front bumper so the guy put a strip along that point to protect the paint. It will be interesting to see if that becomes an issue down the road.

The overall finish looked good. It was late in the day and I had to take off so I may notice more issues when I have time to really go over it in detail. But I can say I did not notice any orange peel or other finish issues.

Freebees: Another thread mentioned you are lucky to receive a key FOB at the purchase. With the Cali you recieve a car cover (which includes seat covers as well) along with a battery "conditioner". The dealer did throw in 2 key FOBs and a hat.

Driving: The first thing that really hits you with this car (other than the fantastic sound) is the solid feel. From the wrap around seats to the firm, aggressive ride (I have the Manaride option and it was set on Sport) you feel like you are in a vault. Riding over large potholes or RR tracks do not seem to loosen up the body integrity. You have an overall sense of security that this car can "take a punch". I loved my SL but I was always concerned what would happen if I hit a pothole too hard.
    As has been written on this site before, the dual clutch is amazing. I really "laid the coal on" and let the rpm's rev up before I changed gears and the "pop" you hear from the clutch is awesome. That little bump you feel is like you are letting go of a caged lion. The thrust (torque?) seems to laying in wait for you to turn it loose.
    I drove about 20 miles on a crowded interstate after purchase and the car just ate up the road with little effort. I couldn't really stretch its legs, but even at "low" speeds the car is fun to drive. I didn't play with the radio but it seems to be rather intuitive and should not be a problem to use.

Hope this can give you a little perspective on what to expect. I will post more info as I put on more miles. So far so good.