Discontinuing v12 gtc4Lusso | FerrariChat

Discontinuing v12 gtc4Lusso

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by leopoldo, Feb 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    Hi guys there are some rumors about the discontinuing of the v12 N/A on the gtc4 , any confirmation?

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
  3. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    All I can say is my dealer is unaware of this and my order is going forward. I find with Ferrari, information sometimes requires a bit of interpretation. Its very possible they will do this, or are thinking about it, and one person hears it one way, and another person hears it another way.

My gut feeling is a car such as this is probably not something they are going to keep making forever, so if you appreciate the special things this car offers, I say go get one.

Jordan68 likes this.
  4. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    My dealership is just finding it harder to get V12 allocations but they are there .. if you really don't need a V12 they are recommending the T.

5. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    Why They should stop producing the v12 ? Shifting to v12 hybrid?

6. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    V12 is definitely a NEED!

spyderman, Garretto, R J and 2 others like this.
  7. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Ha nice. Look I love my Lusso but the throttle blipping in stationary or low rpms is tuned to be less responsive for a more sedan feel and I wish someone would tell me how to fix this because I know it's going to drive me crazy! My CaliTHS has a more reponsive throttle then the Lusso and the FF was better then both of them.

Jordan68 and of2worlds like this.
  8. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Think I am going to need to do this..

vinuneuro and F2003-GA like this.
  9. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    IMO It's just a bad rumour no need to discontinue the magnificent V12 :cool:

Bas likes this.
  10. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    V12 locations are definitely lower than Lusso T V8 allocations. Perhaps it will eventually phase out the V12, but I don't see it happening any time soon.

Personally, I think the Lusso is made for the V12. The V12 + 2 doors + luxurious practical interior is what makes the Lusso a crazy unique combination. I feel the turbocharged V8 brings it down to more "regular" levels akin to the Porsche Panamera.

11. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Demand equals success and longevity.
    When the F SUV is launched, the V12 shooting break will join the endangered species list.

Actually I think the Rhino stands a better chance.

12. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    I remember looking at the lineages of the different Ferrari models and the 2 door 2+2 had the most years. Maybe the SUV might replace it but I think there is a market for it still. The shooting break design should probably be dropped if there is a SUV to pick up the slack.

13. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I've zero interest in the V8 Lusso but the V12....I'd have that over any production Ferrari atm (yes even 812)

14. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    I can only think of one reason, the same as why BMW M3 is discontinued for exact the same: Emission is to high with the new way of measure....

15. FFantastic

FFantastic Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    Ferrari fall below the overall production numbers to be too concerned about emissions.

16. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Exactly

17. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Not any more.

I suspect the V12 won't powering the SUV, and thus, I hope they keep the shooting brake with a V12.

otakki and uhn2000 like this.
  18. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Ok so I finally got to spend some good time with my Lusso today. It was cold but above freezing and I had just best day ever driving it! I called my SA and told him this car is staying with me forever (unless they make another 2+2 V12NA). I finally was able to navigate the controls better and started to understand the engine (blipping sound etc.). And I can't believe I am saying this but I actually really like the HELE (or whatever the autostop/start) because sitting at a light for so long with the engine purring is cool but in downtown traffic gets a bit annoying sometimes and the break is welcomed. More to come in an expanded comparison review I am putting together (FF, CaliTHS, Lusso)

of2worlds, deltona and Cgk360 like this.
  19. Cgk360

Cgk360 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2013
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Very cool! Sounds formula one-ish (old formula one anyway).

20. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Yes I agree with you. I bet the FSUV will be powered with turbo 8 or maybe even turbo hybrid.
    Survival of the V12 shooting break will be in serious question. Will there be enough demand for each model?

Caeruleus11 and Bas like this.
  21. FFantastic

FFantastic Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    I maybe wrong (and usually am according to my better half) but if the 812 and GTC4 Lusso are the last of the breed then boy are they going to appreciate over time.
    Purity of purpose and last of a breed makes both these cars special.

Caeruleus11 and F2003-GA like this.
  22. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    There are plenty of NA cars made by other Marques which have been replaced by turbo and hybrid. Those cars haven’t appreciated as a rule.

Ferraris twin turbos have no lag and greater HP and torque. And they sound pretty good. So I don’t think that just being NA will In the long run mean appreciated value. There will be that rare normal range non limited production model which will be more collectible. Usually it has to do with the overall style and looks.

Manual gated shifters were also thought to become more collectible. But as DCT has evolved and improved, I don’t see threads on on FChat wishing that Ferrari would offer a manual shift 488 or 812 or Lusso anymore. People aren’t saying how they would pay more for manual shift car.

But time will tell.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  23. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I think they could appreciate, but I think its more likely not going to happen. What might happen is the depreciation might be more gentle for a longer period of time. The only thing I can say about other marques, its reasonable to look at what's happened with others, but I think we've seen that Ferrari is really something on to itself.

My speculation based on rumors etc, is we are going to see the V8 turbo become a V8 turbo with hybrid for the best power and efficiency and then we will see the V12 stay NA for sound and response but add hybrid assist for the obvious reasons, and it appears there might be a V6 turbo coming as well. Maybe they begin by keeping that non hybrid but eventually that adds hybrid as well.

Its exciting times!

-CD-, MDEL and of2worlds like this.
  24. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Better to go with hybrid or supercharger than turbo, in order to preserve the sound.

dustman and Caeruleus11 like this.
  25. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Agreed, but I don't know that level of detail. My day dream is they use the hybrid as a way to drive the turbos, in effect, an electric supercharger. But apparently you need a 48v electrical system to do this and they don't have that today. And then some say there will be electric motors to create a kind of AWD... who knows... I have a lot of confidence that Ferrari will deliver something exciting and worth dreaming about.

MDEL, of2worlds and stavura like this.