Disgraceful | FerrariChat

Disgraceful

Discussion in '206/246' started by B355, Dec 4, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. B355

B355 Rookie

Dec 1, 2013
    Hi all anybody in the future ever thinking about giving your car to Ian mountford of Stoke please message me and I will tell you the story of my fathers 17 year restoration (metal work still not complete) the guy is a discrsce he has done this to every one of his very few customers . Cars that have not been removed are still sat gathering dust I cannot and will not let him do this to anyone else please share many thanks

2. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Air it out bro!

17 years is a long time!

3. B355

B355 Rookie

Dec 1, 2013
    The whole story will be posted on a video on YouTube if metal work is not completed in 2 weeks he has ruined my fathers dream and others who’s cars he had for around the same time and never worked on after they stripped and cut apart he has no remorse no respect even now will not make 1 small effort and has never had any real problems brought to him as all of the guys he has done this too are nice people I am writing this 1 out of anger towards him and 2 so that he cannot possibly do this to anyone else he has literally not had 1 person leave his so say workshop with a smile only dissapointmwnt and frustration any1 looking for a resto make them aware of this guy

4. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Life lesson here, but get the car out of his hands immediately.

Cut your losses, and don't expect him to be the one who properly finishes the restoration.

My $.02

GermanDino likes this.
  5. B355

B355 Rookie

Dec 1, 2013
    He endlessly slates places like barkaways. Because they use filler and he says he doesn’t but I suppose neither would they if they sit at home watching Richard and Judy

6. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Isn’t this post like 16 years too late? When my cars are taking too long in the shop without reasonable progress, I badger them relentlessly.

7. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Where are you?

What kind of car?

Very cryptic post.

8. B355

B355 Rookie

Dec 1, 2013
    It is my fathers car bought it years ago paid mountford all those years ago I would have removed car if mine I’m sure many others on here know about Ian mountford ie other victims and not every1 can afford a Dino restoration in today’s prices mountford quoted a faction of today’s money but that was about right almost 20years ago

9. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Unfortunately regardless of what he quoted you there is no way you will get your job done by him either 1. At the quoted price & 2. In anything approaching a reasonable timeline regardless of what you pay.

No matter how big a crook this guy is, letting it go 17 years places plenty of responsibility on your end. I cannot see this ending well

TTR likes this.
  10. B355

B355 Rookie

Dec 1, 2013
    We know our plans with the car I am simply putting up this post so that everyone is aware of this man should he ever take on a restoration for anybody else so that he cannot do the same to anybody else as he has done to my father and 5 other customers of his

11. B355

B355 Rookie

Dec 1, 2013
    Bristol and it’s a 246

12. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Terrible to hear. I’ve had a few restorations fall off the tracks and the best thing to do is pull the car as quickly and amicably as you can.

13. B355

B355 Rookie

Dec 1, 2013
    Thankfully ours will be leaving his premises very soon going to Bristol to be painted and sadly to say some restorations to go down the wrong path this guy has done this to every customer who has set foot in his place one elderly and 1 very ill there are no words to describe this man and again do not need advice on what to do with the Dino I’m just trying to ensure this clown doesn’t pull anybody else’s car apart then ignore them and lie to them he will do a small amount of work when it suits him and that’s not often IAN MOUNTFORD you have been exposed !!!!