DISGUSTED IN SC WITH REGIONAL FCA DIRECTOR | Page 2 | FerrariChat

DISGUSTED IN SC WITH REGIONAL FCA DIRECTOR

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by chrmer3, Sep 14, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

SHOULD DAVID SCOTT PRESIDENT OF THE SC CHAPTER OF THE FCA BE FORCED OUT OF POSITION

1. NO

2. YES

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. chipbiii

chipbiii F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 26, 2008
    SC
    Full Name:
    chipb
    #26 chipbiii, Sep 14, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
    I support David Scott for SC-FCA President 100% for as long as he wants to serve! Mr. Claussen needs to take a few Aleve and wait until the illness passes.

2. rkdav

rkdav Rookie

Sep 7, 2007
    Beaufort, SC
    This is exactly the kind of nonsense that causes good people to throw their hands up and walk away, not only from leadership roles but from the organization itself. Many of us joined to escape the daily dose of political crap we get from the regime in Washington or Columbia or wherever. Now this. To regional and national leaders: be careful what you wish for. Dave Scott is an active, can-do leader. One of the best things about him was that he dispelled the stuffiness I've experienced from other Ferrari organizations and people. He's a regular guy that loves cars, especially Ferraris. I can get uptight, stuffy, condescending bs from a local country club--assuming I wanted it.

Keep Dave in office (assuming he'll still consider it given the nonsense he's already endured.)

3. chrmer3

chrmer3 Formula 3

May 19, 2006
    USSA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I am posting this from another South Carolina member that does not have a FerrariChat account, this perfectly illustrates how many of us feel. Bruce B asked me to post this for him-

"I do not own a ferrari because I have too many young children to educate. I met david and was invited to an event many years ago. since then, I have joined FCA and attended many events. david, as well as all the sc members, have made me feel welcome and a part of the group since day one. I have attended all events with at least one child and david has arranged for "rides" at all events. you cannot imagine how that mades a 13, 15 and 10 year old feel-not to mention providing the enthusiasm to the next generation. I have made many ferrari friends, none of whom "look down"on me because I do not own one of these fantastic cars. he is as genuine as they come. I would associate with him and his friends and support him without question-he has nothing but ferrari and the best interest of the club at heart. if someone has a problem with who he "includes" and "associates" with, that person ought to crawl in a cave with karl rove and read the history of WW II"

4. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

illistrates the essence of what the ferrari experience should be about for owners and non-owners alike. thank you for the post.

pcb

5. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I don't know David or the guy that is trying to kick him out, but here is one south Floridian's take on the situation:

The FCA seems to be an insider's club here in Florida.
    Membership in the FCA does not get an 'outsider' anything more than 4 quarterly publications.
    Ferrarichat is much more successful in offering social events that Ferrari owners and enthusiasts can attend and enjoy.
    Membership in the FCA here does not offer anything of value for a Florida Ferrari owner / enthusiast.

All the politics involved indicate a lack of enthusiasm for cars in general by the guys running the FCA, but that doesn't surprise me. They tend to cater to a very select few locally.

I'm the president / regional director / local chapter president and only member of the Florida region of the GCA (Ginetta Club of America).

I would say David is better off without the FCA and should just organize things to do through Fchat. The FCA is an antiquated bunch of people in many places that does nothing to spread the word or bring more new people into the fold of the Ferrari world anyway.

If David wants to stay in charge of the chapter, then it sounds like the members / participants are all pretty much in agreement that he should stay. I vote for David to do what he wants and not what the regional director says.

Since it is football season I will close with...

GO CANES!!!
    BT

6. grantb

grantb Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Columbia SC
    Full Name:
    Danny Burnstein
    I, too have known David for the past few years, and although I don't attend all events, I do know his hard work and enthusiasm has made the SC FCA a group to be admired.
    As a past regional club president (not FCA) I understand the hard work and many unpaid hours and aggravation that go into keeping the flame alive. I was happy to step down from my roll due to the influence of politics and stupidity. David LOVES!!!!!! ferraris, and has proven to be a tremendous organizer and catalyst for our club. David we are proud to have you as our president, but would completely understand if you decide to step down.
    You will be missed greatly.

7. ferraripete

i do agree with your comments! you did however forget to mention the real kewel membership sticker you gat to stick on your window! :)

8. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Yes, it is true that I got a sticker that I put on my 348. I also got a nice engraved nametag. Still, the FCA left me wondering why I never knew about any 'events' until they were over. I even tried to organize some things that the local FCA could have taken credit for and was willing to pay for everything. Since I was not part of the 'established' Ferrari club here, my offers were just ignored.
    :(
    BT

9. 308nut

308nut Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 22, 2002
    NOLA/Covington
    Full Name:
    Wade
    I agree with Bill Tracy, David you do not need the FCA, with the success of the events you have hosted they are far better on a local level than anything the FCA has done in years. In my brief time as co-president of the North Carolina chapter the events that were hosted by people like Daniel Pass, Kevin Fielden, etc were far more enjoyable than those structured for FCA members only.

Wade

10. marcmc8867

marcmc8867 Formula Junior

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    Hey Bill, long time no see.

I understand where you're coming from but I think I should note that what you describe is probably more reflective of an underperforming Chapter.

I wouldn't paint the whole club with that brush. NC and SC are really active and inclusive and I would be surprised to hear our members say that we don't offer any more value thank the magazine. We really try.

11. stlinaberr@aol.com

Nov 20, 2008
    David IS the reason I'm a member of the FCA and should be considered the poster child for what a President is supposed to be. His communication is great, his organizational talents are excellent and his representation for all that is Ferrari even better. I will more than likely not renew membership if David is forced to step down as it will become apparent that the FCA will have become the politically motivated machine I drive my cars to get away from! My only deaing with Claussen, of which there has been one, was shady at best and I don't mind saying it. I did not vote for him being SEFCA President last time and I won't next time!

12. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    I could not agree more. The NC and SC Chapters are very active organizations that the FCA should be proud to have. Marc and David's efforts with support from many others in their respective chapters are what make it happen.

I have been an FCA member for 34 years and gladly support the club. David Scott is the kind of guy that puts out tireless effort in making events happen. The club needs individuals like David to promote the marque and help make the FCA a stronger organization.

13. JM4re

JM4re Formula 3

Aug 21, 2006
    Nothingcouldbefiner
    Full Name:
    JPM
    Some great replies so far. I fully support David and his role as it has been, with no modifications or apologies needed. I haven't attended all the events, but the several I have, have been red-letter weekends. Truly fun stuff and wonderfully organized!
    If the "powers" that be want to circle the wagons and powder their wigs in private, go for it. But that would be sad. David is a genuine asset to this community. What a foolish decision that would be.

14. f355red

f355red Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2005
    K-town NC
    Full Name:
    todd tanner
    take a look at the 5 yes votes to get rid of dave. only 2 are from sc/ga!!!!!!!!
    the others are a member from LONDON for petes sake!!!!!!!!!!!!, one from VA???, and one that is basically new here . so that makes only 2 truly countable votes and they are most likely CCs only friends!!!

check it out

15. f355red

f355red Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2005
    K-town NC
    Full Name:
    todd tanner
    i am sorry. i was wrong. the one from SC only has 6 posts here so he is likely illegitimate as well. so that makes 1 vote total!!!!!!!!!
    darn, CC, you are losing votes and friends:D

16. Dincenzo

Dincenzo Formula 3

Oct 11, 2005
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    The FCA needs to change its voting procedure. They send you a postcard (with your name and address on it) and ask you to vote. Then send the postcard back ON YOUR OWN DIME!

I'm sure that this can be done somehow electronically and anonymously. Who knows who receives those postcards and what is done with them afterwards?

17. chipbiii

chipbiii F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 26, 2008
    SC
    Full Name:
    chipb
    Hey David. Some wanker from London who majors in "drinking at his club" and who has never owned a Ferrari has voted against you. Therefore I think you should do the proper thing and just resign!!!!!

18. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    This is totally absurd. David Scott is an asset to the club. I would vote for him to run the entire FCA if I could.
    Charles Claussen, you may want to chime in, you're not looking too good right now.

19. ferraripete

so who are the other 5 dissenters?

20. Europeanroadandracing

Europeanroadandracing South Carolina
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 19, 2003
    Isle of Palms, SC
    Full Name:
    Karl Troy
    May be the Claussen family?

21. neunelf

neunelf Rookie

Nov 18, 2004
    SC
    I can only imagine that those who voted yes must have misread the question, except for our London drinking friend, I'm not sure if he can read.

22. Dincenzo

Dincenzo Formula 3

Oct 11, 2005
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    Apparently Charles aka atlantaman has voted also to remove David. However, he still will not comment. Perhaps his silence says more!

23. chrmer3

chrmer3 Formula 3

May 19, 2006
    USSA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Odd that Charles Claussen (atlantaman on F-chat) has voted against david staying in the poll above... However, has yet to post reasons as to WHY he insists on removing David from post?

24. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Yeah Marc it has been a long time. I understand that the SC and NC FCA chapters are more of something that I would enjoy compared to the FL chapter. MY comments are specifically how I view the FCA as I experienced it in the Palm Beach, Florida area. I did go to one event that was 'sponsored' by the Florida FCA chapter. It was an awesome garage tour at a private residence in Vero Beach. Lots of people showed up and the host was a really nice guy with an incredible car collection. The way it was presented was that FCA was footng the entire bill for the day. I wonder if that was actually the case, or if they were just claiming credit for what might have been the host's generosity.

In a typical year we have 2-3 events at our house that are totally free of charge, and my wife and I foot the bill. They usually cost a total of around $2-3k, and we did not mind doing these events for the local car enthusiast community. Unfortunately with the 2009 99.5% gross recipts reduction in my business, we have been forced to stop doing these things, at least temporarily.

When I eventually get to move to North Carolina I will definitely be looking into an FCA membership.

:)
    BT

25. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    The quoted email was basically saying that David was too inclusive allowing non FCA members to go to FCA labelled events. Politics if you ask me, but that is why I do stuff with non-political car groups here in Florida.

:)
    BT