Disturbing Films | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Disturbing Films

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by whart, Apr 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. normhuff

normhuff Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2003
    Peoria, IL
    Full Name:
    J. Norman Huff, Esq.
    Pulp Fiction--how about that scene where the characters of Bruce Willis and Ving Rhames are at the mercy of a sadistic pawn shop owner.

Jaws--when this movie first came out it made for a few sleepless night, and I live a thousand miles from the ocean.

Duel--another Spielberg film for the small screen. Who hasn't thought about what's keeping that semi driver on the road behind you from turning into a insane predator?

At Close Range--Sean Penn was great as usual in this dysfunctional family drama. Nothing like Dad killing off family members to keep his criminal enterprise flourishing.

2. Badapple

Badapple Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    West London
    Full Name:
    Phil
    I found 21 grams quite disturbing.
    Or more depressing really

3. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004

How funny! All of my friends make fun of me because I think Event Horizon is scary and disturbing.

That movie scares the shizzle outta me. Anytime when hell can be cross-realized in this dimension. Excorcist, Stigmata...

FREAKS ME OUT!

4. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Seven, Pulp Fiction and Fight Club are already mentioned ones I'd second. Haven't seen 8mm or Kids though, but have heard bad things.

Excellent But Disturbing:

- Traffic leaves you with a hole in your stomach.
    - Blow w/ Johnny Depp is also a depressing (but very well made) drug dealer movie.
    - The Killing Fields - about the Cambodian slaughter by the Khmer Rouge.
    - The Mission - rips your heart out and stomps it.
    - A Chinese movie called "To Live." Follows a family all the way from the 40's to the -70's through the Cultural Revolution.

Most disturbing movie that I still love is Saving Private Ryan - I've never cried like that in a movie before. The first 30 mins, the last 30 mins. Me and half the theater sat there through the credits just trying to compose ourselves.

5. Forza1

Forza1 Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2004
    California
    I'm assuming that nobody has seen Frailty here? I'm sure that it would make your top 3 disturbing films easily. Most likely the most disturbing.

-DC

6. GarnetRedCoupe

GarnetRedCoupe Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Speed Zone, yes Speed Zone. How does a Jaguar beat all of those cars! :)

7. alanhenson

alanhenson Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    Did anyone besides me see Irreversible. Very disturbing.

8. anotherguy

anotherguy F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2004
    How about Crash? Anyone else mention this one yet. Odd movie about people who get off on being in car wrecks. That has got be to one expensive fetish to keep up with.

-ag

9. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    8mm. creeped me out.

10. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    My grandfathers (one in the Danish resistance, the other on the Eastern front fighting for the Red army) explained WWII to me at a young age; the movie didn't freak me out. Try being a speed bump to the blitzkrieg armed with a shovel...

Of course, I found Seven to be predictable. That fact, not the movie disturbs me.

11. Ferrari_co_uk

Ferrari_co_uk Karting

Apr 16, 2003
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Langfield
    Yeah, me too. It's the only film I've watched that I thought I might have to turn it off. The rape scene half way though is unrelenting and very shocking. Anyone who thinks that some women 'ask for trouble' when they dress sexily for a night out should watch this film. The opening scene with the fire extinguisher grabs your attention as well.

Best
    Mark

12. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Hardware

13. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    In my youth, I found The Swarm to be very disturbing.....I've hated bees with a passion ever since, and anytime I find a bees nest I am consumed with the need to kill bees with every manner of poison/water/brute force.

Jaws - I haven't been at-ease with the ocean since. Ever see aereal shots of the California coastline lately? Some people don't just drown.....

House of 1000 Corpses - Rob Zombie desperately needs therapy. NOW.

The Ring - SERIOUSLY disturbing film. I have not seen something that scared me like this in a long time.

Exorcist/Shining/Amityville/Salem's Lot - terrific, but now dated films.

Seven - agree with others, this is unsettling.

A rare one - Johnny Got His Gun (the inspiration for Metallica's ONE song/video).

Pet Cemetary/Sixth Sense - modern Horror Classics.

Not sure what I recall about 8mm......in fact, I didn't find anything memorable about the film at all.

14. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Hmmmm how about American History X? "bite the curb!.."

-R

15. carl63_99

carl63_99 Karting

Oct 22, 2001
    Proof that Oliver Stone isn't the God he think he is. Woody Harrelson was supposed to have taken the lead roll in this to change his "nice guy from Cheers" stereotype. This movie was so gross in its imagery that my friend who went to see it with us turned vegitarian. We left after 30 minutes, and I saw more of the movie when it came out on cable, NOT WORTH SEEING. Totally disgusting, horrific in pointless violence and even more pointless gore.

I was told that I "missed the point" stone was trying to make. If I missed the point, he didn't make it, did he? The violence and imagery in "Platoon" was an integral part of the story, showing what war does. NBK came out as a psycho-slasher flick of the worst kind.

16. JonBrent

JonBrent Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Heaven on Earth
    Full Name:
    JB
    Good thread. How about Jacob's Ladder (1990 Tim Robbins).

I confess the original Blob made me scared of the dark when I was little.

17. billy89tr

billy89tr Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Dee Snyder from Twisted Sister made a disturbing movie over people meeting over the internet. I think it was called Strangeland--very sick movie.

18. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Jaws- scared me silly. I didn't even want to take a bath after seeing that. I'm not kidding.

Blow - disturbing

Boogie Nights - disturbing

Seventh Sign - with Demi Moore - really disturbing.

Deliverance - I'm not homophobic at all but that was the frigging scariest movie I ever saw. The thought of being hunted down by those wierdos. Scary.

19. MondialTCab

MondialTCab Formula 3

Sep 5, 2001
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    John Michael Gross
    The original Scared Straight PBS show/movie was the most disturbing thing I ever witnessed. Truly reality based yet somehow a world with which I would have had no other understanding of without. On the slasher side...any of the Faces of Death movies are beyond comprehension.

20. MarkG

MarkG Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Colorado Springs
    Full Name:
    Mark
    The Ring
    8MM
    6th Sense AND Arlington Road for their suprise endings
    Below (WWII Sub w/survivors of torpeado attack on board)
    Willie Wonka and The Chocolate Factory (this guy was a child serial killer!)
    Triumph of The Will

21. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
  22. Ekasilicon

Ekasilicon Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2003
    I just saw Memento tonight. I will add that one to my list, it was a great movie though.

23. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Just saw "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" last night

Now that's is disturbing

24. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004

Yeah, that movie creeped me out too.

25. anotherguy

anotherguy F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2004
    That is what people in the mental health industry refer to as severe Trauma. Your mind has decided to completely block out all memories of something that would otherwise require lots and lots of therapy. You got out cheap! As bad as it is that people make fake snuff films for fun and profit, whats more disturbing is that there is a market for real ones...

-ag