DIY: 360 & F430 Windshield Wiper blades | FerrariChat

DIY: 360 & F430 Windshield Wiper blades

Discussion in '360/430' started by whatheheck, Apr 29, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    DIY: Windshield Wiper blades.

I know most of us don’t drive our cars in the rain, however, good working windshield wiper blades is essential for safety in case it rains while you’re out on a drive. Ask me how I know……

So here you go.

OE Wiper blades are metal and are heavy and they do an OK job wiping the windshield clean. With new technology available there are better wiper blades out there. They last longer and perform a better job on high speed driving in my opinion.

Wiper Blades are the same for 360 & F430. They are J type / Hook type.

Stock part number if you want original is: 65409400 for passenger side and 63776100 for driver side. They are $65 and $85.00 each respectively at Ricambi.

If you want better wiper blades and make your car look more current I recommend BOSCH Icon 24A and 21A. Wiper blades are 24” and 21” long, hence the 21A and 24A. These are also low profile so they don’t protrude as high up as the OE. They are about $18.00 each at Amazon.

You can find the Bosch Icon on Amazon, Ebay or your local auto parts store.

Removal and replacement is very easy. Turn the ignition on without starting the engine, turn the wipers on and once wipers are straight up quickly turn the ignition switch off. See photos below.
    Then pull the arm towards the front.
    Then just follow the instructions on the wiper blade package for removal & replacement.

Takes about 5 minutes.

Note: Protect your windshield with a rag or cardboard as the arm could snap back on the windshield accidentally.

Hope this helps some of you.

Thanks to Aldous Voice and others that have posted similar information.

Dan / whatheheck

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Performify, Flea7, rennspeed and 3 others like this.
  2. Walt Gamble

Walt Gamble Formula Junior

May 22, 2014
    So far with owning a 360 the only sticker shock at the dealership was the bill for installing new blades! Thanks Bosch for me.
    Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

unreelviper and whatheheck like this.
  3. TAILWAG

TAILWAG Karting

Apr 8, 2007
    OP/Olathe
    Full Name:
    Angel
    One of the biggest annoyances I have is when I wash the car and need to clean the windshield, having to be careful lifting the wiper blade arm and not touching the edge of the hood...this is a terrible design. :(

4. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    I agree with both of you.

Thanks for chiming in.

Dan

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

5. BruceC

BruceC Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2018
    Tucson, AZ
    Just tried to install the Bosche Icon 24A on the driver side (F430). Would not slide on all of the way - feels like there's some sort of interference. Maybe I need to bulk up, but I don't want to break something. Felt like I was pushing very hard - no give. I see the pics with them on. Should there be that much resistance?

6. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Most likely its due to dirt and gunk that has built up to the L hook part of the arm that is left undisturbed for a while now.
    The blades should slide right in and out.

My vote is grab a piece of rag, put the rag behind the L hook shape of the wiper arm and then spray it with WD40, let is sit for a minute then try to unlock the wiper blade then pull it out and it should slide right out. Then wipe off excess oil.

Just make sure you follow the directions that came with the blade on steps on how to remove and replace.

Hope that helps.

Dan

7. BruceC

BruceC Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2018
    Tucson, AZ
    Dan - thanks. Actually the old wiper came off easily, but the new Icon refused to slide all the way into the J-hook. I decided to try the pass side - went on like a dream. Looks like the J-hook on the drivers side was closed down just enough to catch the lip edge on the mating surface of the Icon wiper. I gently opened up the J-hook a little - problem solved.

Many thanks for identifying the correct Bosche Icons. Interestingly, if you plug in the F430 car data on most (maybe all) auto parts sites and select either the 24A or 21A you get a message back "this doesn't fit your car." Even true for Bosche's website. I suspect it's a plot to get owners to spend more $$$ on replacements from Ferrari parts suppliers.

Now if the new wipers will keep it from raining at the C&C tomorrow, I'm all set. Thanks again for the excellent post!

8. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    You are most welcome Bruce. Glad I can help.

Have fun at the car meet.

Dan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    I could do with you coming around my garage, i have as much junk as you but not organised as well

whatheheck likes this.
  10. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    I know, I got too much junk and needs to let go of some / most of them...................

11. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Throw it out in all that snow you have, no one will notice

whatheheck likes this.
  12. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 11, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Just installed a set on my F430.
    Perfect fit and smooth as butter !

We have a different product name here in the UK (Bosch AeroTwin Wiper Blade).
    Product codes are:
    AR24U
    AR21U

If you're looking on eBay:
    Bosch AeroTwin Wiper Blade 24" Inch Flat Universal Upgrade AR24U
    Bosch AeroTwin Wiper Blade 24" Inch Flat Universal Upgrade AR21U

Best thing is it's £24 for the pair as opposed to £99 for the OEM.
    And it's a superior product !

Thanks to to the OP for the great spot :)

whatheheck likes this.
  13. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    OEM are not too bad when purchased on Ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/BOSCH-Super-Plus-Wiper-Blades-24-Drivers-with-Spoiler-21-Passenger-24s-21/132322479590
    But I also agree these alternative Bosch look cleaner and probably perform better. :)

14. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 11, 2014
    United Kingdom
    whatheheck and f355spider like this.
  15. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    You are most welcome!
    Thanks for making the time to post and show appreciation.

Yes, the Bosch Aero perform much better than OE. I've driven my car in the rain a couple of times already and they work excellent!

I have the Bosch Aero also on my daily driver SUV and these Bosch wiper blades does an awesome job wiping my windshields clean!

Dan

f355spider and Tackleberry like this.
  16. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    I only run these Bosch wipers on everything I have, including my heavy equipment that is fitted with wipers. They just work well.

whatheheck likes this.
  17. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    I'm taking my wipers off and use Rain X :D

whatheheck and f355spider like this.
  18. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Flea7 likes this.
  19. jagabarth1@

jagabarth1@ Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 5, 2019
    Sun City Az
    Full Name:
    jack k dale
  20. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    In rainy Seattle, I have found the Icons last two to three times as long as the RainX wipers.

whatheheck likes this.
  21. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Best product I have used on the windshield is Aquapel. Typically will last about 10 months in Seattle. For side windows, tail lights, etc, I use Rejex. I use Rejex on the paint, it is very long lasting for a daily driver...about 4+ months for a car that is garaged overnight.

whatheheck likes this.
  22. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Thanks for the info Dave!

I have Aquapel in my garage. It was a gift to me last year and I havent used it yet.
    Will apply it soon!

Dan

f355spider likes this.
  23. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Its a little more complicated to apply than Rainx and you have to have some paper towels ready at time of application. Call or email me if you have any questions. I love it, since you don't have to constantly reapply it.

whatheheck likes this.
  24. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    Aquapel is better than rain x but for the cost I can just reapply the rain x more frequently.

whatheheck likes this.
  25. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    What's kinda comical is that down here in the great state of Texas, you are required to have functional windshield wipers on your vehicle, but not a windshield....

I love the Bosch blades, however, I wish they could have worked a little more on the aesthetics of the design... I really hate that bump on a log look that they have....