Do the indicators of the GTO 250 and other vintage Ferrari's make any sound? | FerrariChat

Do the indicators of the GTO 250 and other vintage Ferrari's make any sound?

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by ForzaBird, Dec 7, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ForzaBird

ForzaBird Rookie

Dec 6, 2022
    Full Name:
    CP
    Looking through several videos on YT and I don't hear any sound from the indicators of the GT0 250 or similar cars of that era (250 GT, 330GT).

Even when they slow down and the engine gets quieter, I hear no ticking as I expected.

That leads me to several theories....

1) These Youtube drivers don't indicate when turning :eek:

2) Indicators didn't make sound back in the 1950's

3) Even when moving slow, the engine sound overpowers any ticking sound the indicators might make.

Can anyone comment? Maybe the indicators of other cars of this era also don't make sound?

2. kare

kare F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Nov 11, 2003
    Most models have the flasher relay on the circuit board located in the engine compartment. Some racing cars have the circuit board under dash and there is no cover, so I'd expect you to hear the clicking if the engine is not running.

3. John Vardanian

John Vardanian F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    John Vardanian
    Even if you use a modern flasher relay you would be hard pressed to hear it... and those feeble dash indicators lights are not much help.