Do we need Vettel for two more years? | Page 14 | FerrariChat

Do we need Vettel for two more years?

Discussion in 'F1' started by Dilusha, Aug 3, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Fully agreed.

Totally disagree. He won Monza in a "Minardi". He is very good in the wet. In Hockenheim he had a brainfart of the worst kind.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  2. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Did you ever saw Vettel race or was it all a dream in your head?

stavura and Bas like this.
  3. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Yes, and he's lucky Hamilton wasn't in the seat next to him at Red Bull

4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Wonder what you would've said pre-2014.

daytona355 likes this.
  5. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Probably this..

daytona355 likes this.
  6. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    Vettel rejects need for psychological coach

SEPTEMBER 27, 2018

Sebastian Vettel says he does not need a psychological coach.

In recent days, as his and Ferrari's 2018 title dream looked to be falling apart, some pointed the finger at Vettel's questionable calm under pressure.

But the German says he is not giving up.

"The road is still long and there are a lot of points left," Vettel is quoted by Kleine Zeitung.

"One of our car's strengths is that it works pretty well everywhere, so there's no reason to be afraid of what's next.

"I think Russia has improved for us compared to recent years so I still believe in it," Vettel added. "I'll keep fighting."

And anyway, Vettel said ahead of the Sochi round that he never looks at the big picture prematurely.

"Formula one is about putting together a puzzle," he told Auto Bild.

"It's important that the finished puzzle is your dream and your goal, but that can't distract you from putting it together."

Some, however, think Vettel has not been dealing well with the pressure in 2018.

"Of course I have pressure," he admitted. "But most of the time it's me putting it on myself.

"In my spare time I hardly read about formula one - it's mainly football - and I don't let public criticism get to me. But generally the motto is you're never as good or as bad as people say you are."

Finally, Vettel rejected any suggestion that he may need a psychological coach.

"I find that side of it very interesting, but I have not met the person that I think can help me," he said.

"I've looked into it so it's not like the topic has passed me by, but I have developed things that work for me."

Robb, Jeronimo GTO and ATBNM3 like this.
  7. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    LOL the fragility is showing

tifosi12 likes this.
  8. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Ohh ok then:rolleyes:

9. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    It speaks volumes that this question even came up.

Robb and ATBNM3 like this.
  10. Matt Andrews

Matt Andrews Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    These are fun conversations. Food for thought:

How many of you guys being critical in this thread have actually raced cars competitively? or even at a club level? It is so hard to compare guys like this when they aren't in the same equipment. And then even when the equipment IS identical, set ups favor different driver's style. Both of these guys are top 1% drivers behind the wheel. And it appears they are both top 1% drivers when it comes to ensuring the supporting cast of development, engineering, and team management are all behind them as well.

My old crew chief is now an aero engineer for a mid pack F1 team. His over a beer commentary is that a huge portion of the time the drivers aren't on the limit, because the tire strategy won't allow it. So outside of qualifying - which is VERY equipment reliant, there really aren't a lot of places to see what these guys can really do.

I'm pretty sure most driver bias of "who is better" comes from how drivers act and are perceived - ie - are they liked. Personally, I love an underdog. I pulled for Hamilton when he was pitted against Alonzo as the rookie. I hated Vettel at redbull because I really wanted his dominance to end. Now, I've swapped simply because in order for Vettel to win this season, there is going to have to be some spectacular racing. Both guys are narcissistic A*holes on track. Who is an apex predator on track and isn't?

I don't care for Hamilton's off track persona most of the time, but I'm not sure what we see is actually him. He is a hugely marketable personality, and he is capitalizing on it. Kind of hard to blame him.

11. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Grim reading and nothing we didn't know.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula-one/45640915

We can see the mistakes on track by Seb and the team on the pit wall, i would like to know more about why these errors happen and what needs to be done to stop them happening in the future.
    They hint there will be some of that discussed on the podcast out this evening.

12. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Nice article and shows how well and good FA was in a Ferrari that was not at all that good overall. No one gets more out of the car than FA. Vettel LOL......not at all impressed anymore.

13. DF1

https://www.autosport.com/f1/feature/8528/the-frustrating-shortcomings-of-f1-misunderstood-man

"I rather doubt," an Italian colleague murmured on race morning at Monza, "that Kimi is going to help Sebastian very much today." How so? "Well," my friend went on, "this could be his last chance to win a grand prix - and they've told him he's out..."

Raikkonen and Vettel get along well, which is one reason why Seb has always been keen for Kimi's one-year Ferrari contracts to be renewed; the other, more significantly, is that if asked, he has long proved willing to ride shotgun, and that really sits well with Vettel.

Right enough, though, at Monza Raikkonen - starting from pole - was clearly in business for himself, and if Vettel hoped for an easy ride at the first chicane, he didn't get it. Having taken that on board, what Seb should then have done was simply tail Kimi, keeping a weather eye on Lewis Hamilton, until DRS was activated.

As it was, yet again he couldn't contain his impatience, and when that happens he makes mistakes. Into the next chicane - this a left-right - he extraordinarily went left of Raikkonen, leaving a 'clean air' path on the right gratefully seized upon by Hamilton.

Halfway through they unsurprisingly touched, and it was the Ferrari that spun: while Lewis went after Kimi, eventually going on to one of his greatest victories, Seb found himself dead last.

That being so, from lap one of the Italian Grand Prix onwards, it was effectively one Ferrari against two Mercedes, and after the leaders' stops Valtteri Bottas - still to come in - dutifully delayed Raikkonen, obliging him to run in dirty air for many laps, which took its toll on his tyres, allowing Hamilton to pass without problem eight laps from the end.

Given that the Ferraris had the front row to themselves, this should have been the end of an eight-year Monza drought; as it was, Vettel blew it, his assumption of cooperation from Raikkonen on this occasion misplaced. Perhaps, as my pal had suggested, in light of the news recently received by his team-mate, Seb might have seen that coming.

635CSI likes this.
  14. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Good. This means he's not reading F-Chat.

sammysaber, P.Singhof and ATBNM3 like this.
  15. DF1

Are you saying we here, in this amazing forum need ---- HELP :) LOL :)

tifoso2728 and ATBNM3 like this.
  16. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Well . . . . All I'm saying is it wouldn't do him one bit of good to read this stuff!

stavura and P.Singhof like this.
  17. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    He said he reads about football. Wonder if he's a Tom Brady fan. o_O

18. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    No. That's Ricciardo.

19. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Today should have answered your question Vettel SUCKS!!!

20. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

Yep, when the god that is elton couldn’t help himself but hit Massa every single week, what’s a star driver he is NOT.

he needs the perfect car, anything less and he can’t win.

crinoid likes this.
  21. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    And Vettel not even with the perfect car can win.

ATBNM3 and F430 F1 Singapore like this.
  22. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    vettel is useless.

23. joe1973

joe1973 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2016
    NJ
    Well we now know he's no Michael. Maybe Lewis is....

ATBNM3 likes this.
  24. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Vettel cracks under pressure while Hamilton is making F1 history! If the scuderia wasn't too soon the WDC in the next 3 years they'll need to get by far the best driver since the great MS, Lewis The Hammertime Hamilton. Otherwise they'll remain lost in the weeds of the psychologically unstable Vettel.

tifosi12 likes this.
  25. DF1

Last year clearly indicated he is nothing like MS. Nothing and never will be. Today just an utter joke. He should be sent off.