Do we need Vettel for two more years? | Page 15 | FerrariChat

Do we need Vettel for two more years?

Discussion in 'F1' started by Dilusha, Aug 3, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Well, it all swings around in F1, and now Vettal is the one whining...

"But the gap was there, his battery was clipping [running out of ERS boost], I was boosting, I saved my battery, I had more speed, I would have made the corner, I was side by side and then he didn't give enough room and then we touched."

Yeah, you would have made the corner if no other car was there, but there was and you didn't, even though he gave you room.

Suck it up butter cup!

ATBNM3 likes this.
  2. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Vettel should have known from his experience not to get too close to Vercrashin. However do not say that Vercrashin gave him room. The fact is that he did not.

3. JStone414

JStone414 Formula 3

Sep 23, 2004
    Gotham
    Full Name:
    Roman Sionis
    I don’t think Kimi can lead the team, so despite him being one of my favorites it’s time for him to head onward. I would love to give Daniel a shot here under Leclrec. If the latter is the real deal, he will quickly establish himself as the team leader. In the meantime you have a race winner in the senior position and perhaps he can bring a level headed mentality to the Scuderia to turn things around. Vettel is proving to me that he cannot get that final 5% to pull the whole thing together. Fast as well, seems to have it together on the setup, but just can’t get it all together with the team, car, championship

4. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    #354 jgonzalesm6, Oct 7, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    Seb was on a bad line going into Spoon Curve. Yeah, he did again with the Williams (c'mon, Stroll !!!...really??? hardly the racer and does'nt defend so the risk assesment was low). Max was a high risk assesment going into Spoon Curve plus the bad line....Seb should have waited under these conditions.

here are a few pics leading up to Seb and Max's incident. Max is on the better line. I might say Vettels line induced understeer.

daytona355, 375+ and crinoid like this.
  5. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Vettel’s driving seems very desperate however the strange thing is that he has been driving desperately even when he doesn’t need to, taking these silly risks.

daytona355 likes this.
  6. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Yep, compare that with Ricciardo's overtakes with a so-so PU which were clear, tactical, and showed patience. I realize Seb is racing and get the fact that "if there's a gap, you go for it!" but in Sebs case and for 2018, how far has that gotten him. He did the same thing at Monza, again bad line, opened a lane for Lewis which was the the right line for Lewis for setup of the next turn. Then you compare Seb to Ricciardo and DR's race-craft looks more calculated and tactful.

daytona355, DGS and crinoid like this.