Do you agree with the steward's decision today? *** Spoilers *** | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Do you agree with the steward's decision today? *** Spoilers ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by Natkingcolebasket69, Jun 9, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Good for him. A legend among Tifosi as well. We didnt complain then when he wielded influence to the benefit of Scuderia Ferrari. Part of the game.

2. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Remember, FIA used to be called Ferrari International Assistance. :D

william, crinoid and daytona355 like this.
  3. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Definately not anymore.......... Ferrari Is Attacked these days

crinoid likes this.
  4. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Seems like the FIA have collected more than a few EX SF employees on their books as well, Todt, Brawn, Tombazis........

william likes this.
  5. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Ferrari has less influence when they're negotiating a new deal. Back in 2009, when Mosley wanted to introduce the budget cap, all the old teams that opposed it (McLaren, Ferrari, Renault) suddenly sucked thanks to the failed first generation KERS and the double deck diffuser. New faces arrived, notably RedBull, who was the first to betray the rest and sign with Bernie.

Just business. I hope that someone at Ferrari has the guts to force a good deal. Liberty repeats that Ferrari gets too much like a mantra. Maybe they should worry more about the falling tv ratings.

Bas, daytona355 and crinoid like this.
  6. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    When something starts going Ferrari’s way again or at the least isn’t unfair against Ferrari then I’ll stop complaining.

daytona355 likes this.
  7. DF1

Good point!!

william likes this.
  8. DF1

I think you complain less than me!! :)

crinoid likes this.
  9. DF1

So now Wurz see's the success of his work and all the drivers....now LOL. He was saying it was wrong early on. Now....its the way it is LOL

F1 drivers complaining about penalties have only themselves to blame as they pushed the FIA to set things out “down to the millimetre and micrometer” says Alex Wurz.

Formula 1 courted controversy last time out in Montreal when Sebastian Vettel was hit with a five-second time penalty that cost him the Canadian GP win.

Ferrari were furious and announced their intention to appeal but have since backtracked on that.

Wurz, chairman of Grand Prix Drivers’ Association and a former F1 driver, reckons the drivers have only themselves to blame as they have forced the FIA to lay down in no uncertain terms what is right and wrong thus leading to stewards having to keep to the letter of the law.

He told BBC Sport: “We want rules for each and every thing and that’s where we arrived.

“Each and everyone in the system who thinks this penalty is not justified is at fault because over the years, with all these incidents and cases, the drivers and team managers asked the FIA in the open way of discussion for clarification of what is allowed and not – down to millimetre and micrometer movements. I take part in all the drivers’ meetings.

“In this whole process over the years, that is where we arrived.

“The just, rational decision of looking at a situation and making a decision based on, yes, underlying rules, but not in such fragmented, small little details, has gone.

“So it is hard to blame the FIA and the stewards for this, and this is what I don’t like in the conversation – that it goes a bit personal in this whole debate.

“We are an industry that strives for the ultimate perfection, advantage or disadvantage and penalty or not penalty. So we arrive at such a situation. One struggles almost to judge one situation without having to refer to six or 10 other similar situations.

“In reality each and every situation is different because there are so many influences.”

Wurz added that if one looks at Max Verstappen’s penalty for clouting Kimi Raikkonen in Japan when he rejoined, also a five-second penalty, the stewards were at least “consistent” in their call.

“You could see it was sort of physics, going over grass, correcting the car until well back on track in a logical trajectory. Hence it wasn’t intentional to close the door and squeeze Lewis,” he said.

“Of course, if you push it to the limit, one driver makes a mistake, if the mistake is in front of you, you have to react. If you make it by, great, if you don’t make it by, missed opportunity. It’s the name of the game. It’s racing.

“I was of the same opinion when Max Verstappen in Suzuka last year went over the Astroturf – which is a bit more slippery, there is more dust – he came back, he slid to the other side of the track, there is Kimi Raikkonen wanting to go on the outside and they touched. Max got a five-second penalty.

“When you look at this, you say, ‘Ah, well the FIA is in this case quite consistent on rejoining the track dangerously regardless of whether it’s in your capability to control or not. They have decided it is a five-second penalty’.

“I have also to stress to give the FIA – the four stewards in Canada – credit that they reacted during the race and they are not dragging out to a discussion after the race.

“They could have easily hidden away under the pressure and said, ‘No we’re not going to give a penalty now, we’re investigating’.

“But they are trying to act swiftly, which the entire industry has always asked them to do.”

https://www.planetf1.com/news/drivers-are-to-blame-for-vettels-penalty/

uhn2000 and werewolf like this.
  10. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    So, ‘You could see it was sort of physics, going over grass, correcting the car until well back on track in a logical trajectory. Hence it wasn’t intentional to close the door and squeeze Lewis,” he said. So he agrees Seb did not intentionally block Elton, and that the car was under control on the track at the end of the slide, the earliest it possibly could be...... so why a penalty? Those stewards are dumb ****s and everyone knows it, what a trio of arseholes

RACING INCIDENT

stavura and Bas like this.
  11. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Personally I tend to agree with Wurz.....but only a little!

Drivers have cried foul play and thrown their dummies out the pram for the slightest issue together with the likes of Wolf, Horner en all, this leads to all sorts of arguments with the FIA who I reckon are pretty cheesed off with all the belly aching. They in turn have introduced a number of rules to appease all of them, OK I get all that, but lets have some consistency Mr Wurz regardless of who the hell it is & their influence in the sport.

Unfortunately you are not independent so rather lean towards who can shout the loudest.

daytona355 likes this.
  12. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    +1

So long people tell me Lewis not getting a penalty in Monaco is fine but Vettel + Verstappen getting one for theirs is, this ''consistency'' argument is utter BS.

For the Lewis one, we where told ''let them race''. So why not for the others? It's either/or.

daytona355 likes this.
  13. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    One of their Stewards, Connelly, (who still works for them) actively seeks against Penalties for crimes against Mercedes drivers even after a decision was made not to penalize. So what Brawn said there is absolute *********.

daytona355 likes this.
  14. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    I think Lewis 'just' left enough room for Ricci and that why he got away with it .

The cars are so safe nowadays maybe we don't even need the Stewards? just let the drivers sort it all out themselves ..including behind the pits after the race!

william likes this.
  15. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    But he didn't. Vettel got a penalty because Lewis had to go in the anchors. Lewis squeezed Ricciardo even more and left less room, and Ricci had to brake also.
    Vettel had dirty tyres. Lewis did not.

How does that work?

And yes largely agree with the latter. Show them how racing was done until early 2000s.

Maybe radios need to be banned. And when a team complains to FIA (i.e. the FIA didn't see the need to investigate it by themselves), a message pops up for everyone that says ''team X are a bunch of whining wets who need to get on with the job of racing and let us do the stewarding''

TonyL and daytona355 like this.