Do you think Ferrari can win the 2018 WCC at least? | FerrariChat

Do you think Ferrari can win the 2018 WCC at least?

Discussion in 'F1' started by Tifosi Ferrari, Jul 31, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tifosi Ferrari

Tifosi Ferrari Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2017
    In my opinion as long as the current development continues oh yes they can. Good step up unlike last year. They can target the WDC in 2019. In my opinion if they can't complete for the Wdc. It's still a good glory trophy. I really think Ferrari can go for the Wdc if they go totally flawless of which I am not holding my breath for at this stage, but I am happy they can go win it. Rather telling is that Kimi's comment that the car was rather easy to drive on the wet track suggesting Ferrari are finally getting wet set ups. So i think they are going to go well still in the second half.

stavura, DF1 and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  2. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I think we have a good chance of both still... ferrari won’t be sat at home ignoring the elephant in the room of their strategy, which is the main reason for their losses. When they come back, with a very strong car, we should be able to challenge. We had merc on the ropes at one point, and should have broken them, but we let them back up with Germany and Hungary.

WCC, nailed on, WDC, big chances. Forza Ferrari

3. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Easier we win the wdc imo

4. MrF355

MrF355 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Kimi
    The WCC can be won as long as the 2 Ferrari's together split the Mercs each race. If Merc has a few one two finishes then the WCC will slip away. Mathematically the WDC can still be won but strategy and pit stops not being fouled up will play a vital role to secure the win.

5. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Germany was the ball breaker. Just sooooo bad from Seb.

6. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Old news. The topic is the future as in the rest of the season.

7. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Both titles are still very much in play. I still believe the Ferrari is the stronger package (and probably the outright fastest) now, but the bugaboo has been mistakes. Merc won't go quietly, but if the Scuderia can clean that up, they have a good shot at both titles, realistically.

NEP, WPOZZZ and daytona355 like this.
  8. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Not a lot of hope from my POV.

Vettel is too mistake prone to consistently get the top points and will crash out once more at least this year.

Bottas is in a little slump, he'll snap out of it and start to sit on Hamilton's bumper in more races.

Hamilton will win 4 or 5 more races B4 the end of the season. (Italy, Japan, USA, Mexico, Abu Dhabi)

The Ice man is their best hope to get the point they need. He needs to finish ahead of Bottas for the balance of the season to have a chance, and I don't think Kimi can do that. (Although I think he may be the best of the four drivers, overall.)

D

9. Tifosi Ferrari

Tifosi Ferrari Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2017
    I understand that statement don't get me wrong both have contributed this mess they are in. Though I think Seb will probably will risk more and probably focus since he knows that his mistakes have been bad. So i think he will not allow himself to be care less anymore. I mean yeah the Bottas overtake was so risky, but it was calculated and would help with the fight so he had no choice in going for it. The team still can redemption themselves this latter part season so let's hold hope until then.

10. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I was highly uncharacteristic for Seb to crash while leading. He is usually as cool as the other side of the pillow when it comes to driving from the lead position. His mistakes are normally red-mist related and involve trying to duel with another driver. IF the car becomes the class of the field, I think he'll hold up well. It's the strategic errors and pit mistakes that I fear more than driver errors.

Regarding Dave's post, I'm not so certain Merc has the advantage at the high-speed circuits (Spa, Monza, etc) any longer. We'll see once the Spec 3 engine is used on a race weekend, but I see all of those races as MAYBE toss-ups, with Ferrari having the edge. I will be interested to see if Merc makes any developments during the summer holiday in an attempt to counter the Scuderia's apparent gains.

I hope it goes down to the wire, at the end of the day. This is certainly the most competitive championship we've had in the new turbo era.

11. BMWairhead

BMWairhead Formula 3

Sep 11, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Ted
    The elephant seemingly had a quiet and comfortable off season...why would summer break be different?

12. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I think ferrari, as everyone, we’re not convinced during the off season that they would be true challengers, so their mindset followed on from last season, ‘what does it matter, we are all racing for third onwards’ mentality. I’m not saying it’s easy, but someone has to sit them down, make them realise that this year, we have a car capable, and two drivers that can deliver, and sharpen them up. Rerun races and show them how it should work, how they should be thinking, and design a plan.

I don’t believe that Ferrari’s entire strategy group and pit crew are totally incompetent, I think they are just lacking in true belief (we’ve had ten years of runner up, it’s confidence). They have to channel the Michael years and get out there with vigour.. if they can’t, let you, me and half a dozen others from here do the strategy, we’d smash it because like it or not, we have been watching and soaking up all these pit strategies over the years, I bet we really do have a clue and we aren’t shackled by failures of the past

13. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    My God, this thread sounds defeatist.
    We are only half-way through the season, and some Ferrari fans have already abandoned hope of winning the WDC title !
    That's not a vote of confidence for Vettel, is it?
    There is still plenty to play and hope for at Ferrari, surely.
    Titles have been fought to the last race, some years.
    No need for Liberty to wish for a 23-race season, if the tifosi throw the towel after the 11th GP.

ricksb and Bas like this.
  14. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Mercedes to Ferrari points gaps at the F1 summer break...

2016 = 173 points
    2017 = 39 points
    2018 = 10 points

NEP, Jeronimo GTO, stavura and 2 others like this.
  15. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

These numbers show the progress made by Ferrari. No other team comes near it .