Do you want Alonso in a Ferrari in 2008 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Do you want Alonso in a Ferrari in 2008

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by 355, Sep 24, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Do you want to see Alonso in a Ferrari next season?

1. YES

2. NO

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    LOL

I think I'd rather have Ray Charles driving for Ferrari than Alonso.

After reading the transcripts, I don't think I'd hire either Alonso or de la Rosa to drive an ice cream truck.

2. YellowbirdRS

YellowbirdRS Formula 3

Nov 9, 2005
    DFW/RGV/MX
    Full Name:
    Xavier
    He is the best driver in the grid but he isn't for Ferrari.

3. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark

Yep, its MS all over agin.... Just like the old days when fans didn't want the Geman....boy did they change their tune by the end of his run LOL

4. Lexdiamonnyc

Lexdiamonnyc Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2004
    North NJ
    Full Name:
    Lex
    watch how the tune changes here aswell....

5. winston

winston Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    foothills
    Full Name:
    don
    How about an honest, hard charging racer like:
    Rosberg, Heidfeld. Kovalainen, Kubica,or Sato who has a really good sense of humor and who would really liven up the post race interviews!
    Winston

6. fastback33

fastback33 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2004
    F*ck that. If he moves to Ferrari i'm rooting for piquet/renault and whoever/williams....

7. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    I am constantly amazed at what passes for "tifosi" these days.

"If Driver XXX joins Ferrari, I am no longer supporting the team" :rolleyes:

You either support the team or you don't. If you need a particular driver on the team to suport them or refuse to support the team if they sign a driver you don't like, then perhaps you should find another team to support but you certanly do not deserve to call yourself a Tifosi.

Ferrari is bigger than any one driver. The team has employed plenty of drivers I don't like but my support for the team never wavered because of it. Some of you need to do some serious soul-searching if you think your support of Ferrari would end with Alonso's arrival.

8. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    First, tifosi is plural.

Second, one can support the team and not support the driver. I'm happy that Ferrari has won the WCC this year -- it's the only title that matters. If FA and KR are the Ferrari drivers, I can root for the WCC and hope that neither win the WDC.

9. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    1. The point is that several self-proclaimed Tifosi here have gone on the record saying they will no longer support the team if Ferrari signs Alonso. I don't know about you but that sort of treason calls into question the sincerity of their Ferrari loyalty.

I don't like Massa and I was never a fan of Schumacher but I want to see them win every GP nevertheless. If your support of the team is dependant on them not signing a driver, then you need to support another team. We have no need of that fair-weather favoritism here.

2. You and the Team Principals are the only ones who care about the WCC. The rest of the F1 word and viewing public only care about the WDC. I am a diehard F1 fanatic and even I can't recall who won the WCC in 1969 off the top of my head but I can tell you every F1 WDC in any year.

10. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    +1 000 000

11. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I have never really liked Alonso, though I have always respected his skill. This year I find that I have developed a new respect for his absolute determination to win the drivers championship no matter what challenge he faces.

Why wouldn't you want him in a Ferrari? I think he's proven that he will do anthing to win the championship in any car that will afford him this opportunity.

Any team would be foolish to not try securing the efforts of a driver of such skill and an obsession to win the drivers championship.

12. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Grteat! So now we can all know you are the F1 world personified.
    I bleed Rosso Corsa like most people here and I would hate to see Alonshole in Ferrari. He may win a championship with the Scuderia but on the long term it would eat the team apart from inside like a cancer. Just what happen with the last two teams he was(is) in.So if you really care about the team beyond 2009, I don't see why would anyone welcome him. You mention 1969. I have no idea who won WCC, but what I know is that in 2019 I don't want to look back and be one of the guys who supported the team that sold their soul for a metal vase and a suitcase of money.

13. Geir

Geir Karting

Sep 7, 2006
    +1 LOL

14. modmaki

modmaki Formula 3

Sep 11, 2006
    Michigan,USA
    Full Name:
    Mo Makki
    get the best driver available regardless who it is...this is a business/sport......as a detroit lions fan i'd love to have brady as our q-back...whats the difference...other than alanso has kicked our ass for the last two+1/2 years....i say if he's available get him....don't forget this is F1...soap opera of motor sports......MO

15. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I have been saying this forever. Why is there a notion at all that Ferrari needs a change in their line up to win outright? What they need is to step up their reliability game. Nothing else.
    And all the Alonshole fans keep saying how much he is bringing to the team he is in. Common believe is that the McCheaters' main strength is their chassis and mainly how well they ride the kerbs. This is what puts them slightly ahead of Ferrari in SOME races. And quite frankly, I don't believe Alonshole has anything to do with how well his car handles kerbs.

16. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Most people here would agree with you, including me. What the point is, is that many including me, believe that Kimi can do just as well, so why loose integrity by hiring a proven cheater, backstabbing whining b!*@#. Yeah, I know he is a 2 time WDC-whatever.

17. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    You have the unmitigated gaul to tell people in here what a tifosi is while you did not support Ferrari in one bit during the McCheater scandle. You truly are a fence sitter. As I have said before, some of us have a concience. The way you talk now it sounds like you would support Hitler driving for Ferrari. Give us all a break please.

18. Forza355

Forza355 Formula 3

Jan 19, 2006
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Derek
    There are 21 other drivers I'd nominate first.

;)

19. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    LOL!
    Are you sure you are not missing someone?Because there are probably a couple more in my book.

20. Artvonne

Artvonne F1 Veteran

Oct 29, 2004
    NWA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Using the logic some have envisioned, Ferrari could hire the likes of Hitler or Mussolini and you would follow the team because you are a Tifosi? Im sorry, I will not follow anyone to hell just because they are taking the world with them, I choose my own path. If Ferrari want a lying cheating stealing sack of swine excrement on thier team, they have lost me as a fan. I suppose if OJ was a super football player you would support your football team if they hired him? How about if your baseball team wanted Pete Rose? Rodman on your basketball team? What if your greatest restaurant wanted Jeffrey Dahmer, you gonna go eat there? There are far more noble things in life than to simply win for the sake of winning, losing with honor is far greater than to win by lowering yourself into the pig stye. Tiny and poor, Ferrari took on Ford with 7 cars and a handful of engines, and for all practical intents beat them, even though its reported Ford spent almost 2 billion dollars. Ferrari maybe couldnt beat them at LeMans when Ford showed up with a whole bunch of cars, but they still managed to win the world title. And in all of that, while I didnt like to see Giant Ford trying to kick thier ass, at least they did it fair and square. This deal is such a ripoff you need a program to follow the game. I would rather see Ferrari lose with style and integrity, than need some Alzhole to drive for them.

But face real facts. Alzhole cheated, and came so close to being disqualified along with his entire team its not funny. Who will he cheat against next? Paying his mechanics extra $$$ to make his car faster illegally? Maybe pay $$$ to another teams mechanics to screw thier car? Maybe F up real good next time and have his team disqualified? He is an arrogant loose cannon, and much more of a liabilty than any asset. Whoever takes him is taking a great and dangerous risk IMHO. And by the sounds of it, he may be becoming highly dangerous on the track to anyone who challenges him. I wouldnt let the SOB near me or anything I own.

21. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I like that post. The funny thing is he is hardly a Ferrari fan. He was behind the McCheater team all through the spygate and he even thinks its Ferraris fault for letting it all happen. He should be a politician. ROTFLMAO at his posts in the thread!

22. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    If there were awards for the post of the week, heck!, the month, I would give it to you threefold.

23. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

Hell no, end of story. Davids Coultard anyday.

24. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Maybe we need to ask the question another way, to sort what the "true" Ferrari fans are saying..

Would you rather see Alonso stay where he's at and beat Ferrari for a possable 4th year straight....or have Ferrari hire Alonso and easily win a WDC next year, by having 2 of the top 3 drivers on their team?

You might hate Alonso...but do you hate losing 4 years in a row worse?
    (Even if its just a possablity....its still pretty scary to think about it)

25. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Who will be Alonso's partner in Scuderia Ferrari next season???