Do you want Alonso in a Ferrari in 2008 | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Do you want Alonso in a Ferrari in 2008

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by 355, Sep 24, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Do you want to see Alonso in a Ferrari next season?

1. YES

2. NO

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I refuse to argue with you as you change sides and opinions and adjust to the mood in here on minute to minute basis. And maaaan, you have some balls talking about hypocrites.

2. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Again only you know what a Tifosi is. You could start a whole new F1 dictionary that is built to your liking. You have a way of spinning anything anyone on this board says to what you what to hear. On top of that you are the only one who gets away with insulting people on this board.(sorry I forgot you were suspended once). You say that you race some sort of cars....I wonder how many others you pushed of the track as you seem to have about as short a fuse as Alonshole. Your such a huge Tifosi that you keep slamming the best driver ever in the sport that happened to drive for Ferrari. Your such a huge Tifosi that you still think it was Ferraris fault that the McCheater team cheated this year. You love Alonshole even though he has done more disgraceful things on and off the track than any 2 azzholes combined in the history of F1 and he is only just getting started. To want to see him in a Ferrari is like wishing the plague on the great team. You dont have a clue about who Tifosi really want in that car. Excuse me when I say that most Italian Tifosi hate Alonshole as well. I am from that part of Italy, 30 minutes from the factoy. 90 percent of my family still live there and they bleed Rosso corsa unlike you whos blood is silver and black. A wolf in sheeps clothing is the only way to describe you. And then of course you have brought up your car again( 3rd time since all this was washed up and done with) Are you insecure? What is your problem anyway. I wont end with your type of inslult but I will say that you should not stop taking the pills perscribed to you.

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    They ruined Le Mans racing for good with those industrial Diesel engines. Mad Max is already talking about "recuperating energy". Wait a little and a F1 will be a hybrid. And eventually battery powered. That would be the moment I give up on F1.

4. IanMac

IanMac Formula 3

Jul 26, 2006
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Ian
    If the cars are fast enough why worry about what's powering them? So the diesel Audis are blowing away the petrol powered opposition, how has that ruined Le Mans?

5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    The fact that you're even asking this question shows me that there is no point in trying to explain it to you.

Enjoy those industrial appliances from Audi.

6. IanMac

IanMac Formula 3

Jul 26, 2006
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Ian
    And your reply shows me that you have no sensible explanation!

7. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Nice comeback!

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Not really.

There are lots of reasons I could bring up like fuel consumption vs real racing, but that's not even the point. If IanMac admires a Diesel engine, then there is such a lack of a common ground between us that there is no point in debating.

Which leads us back to the topic at hand: Some folks on here should simply give up trying to argue with each other. If somebody hates Alonso with a passion, then there is little that will change that person's mind.

Agree to disagree and move on.

9. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I am just responding to the comeback itself, not the argument.

But yes, let's move on.

10. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Andreas
    I find this an odd view, as the common ground is racing. You are Mod of Racing and Tracking, not Racing and Tracking of Petrol Powered Piston Driven Vehicles with Unlimited Fuel. Racing is racing whether it is powered by Gasoline, Dope, exotic fuel blends, diesel or electric. Much of what is discussed here pertains to Formula 1 which has gone through a wide variety of engine displacements, fuel requirements and restrictions. None of these "ruined" F1 even when refueling was banned and economy was a consideration during the turbo eighties. Were the W196 cars of the 1950's fueled with RD1 not racing? What Audi has done with the R10 is truely remarkable, but still the bleat goes on about the dirty, slow, smelly diesel. It is in fact none of these.

Formula one is a series of racing which requires a team to build a car with the best technology. Formula one can either evolve with allowing the exploration of alternative fuels or become a forgotten bastion of gasoline technology. It may be the best we have today, but it will likely not be that way in the future. Hope you can take a wider view.

As far as Alonso, he is fast but not my cuppa tea. I think and hope we will see him at Renault, not Ferrari.

11. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    I don't. While I do think he'd make them a better team and virtually guarantee them another constructor's title, he has too much baggage and i hate him as a person. I'd also rather see him go to another team to help create more competition. I want to see a hard fought battle next year between Mclaren, Ferrari, BMW, and Renault.

12. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    The "good old days". Remember when:
    - (not sure if you were here then Andreas) F1 was shown on ABC's Wide World of Sports? They give Roone Arledge credit for revolutionizing sports programming in the '60s with that show. Me? I thought Monaco was the only race on the calendar because that's the only one ABC ever covered :)
    - ESPN was born and we had grainy images of F1 events. The color commentator was John Bisignano and he was actually at the race - and he loved to turn the collar up on his golf shirt - how cool :)

Ahh yes, the earlier days. I too was stunned when I went to Canada three years ago and they hosted the vintage F1 circus. Those cars were just awesome. And yes, the pilotes were a bit different - like the guy driving Prosts McLaren with a camera duct taped to his helmet :)

Let's hope F1 survives so we can look back on Stepneygate with less emotion and can argue over how Alonso or Hamilton or someone else would have had one more championship had it not been for it.

13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    The Diesel powered Audis at Le Mans worked great for Audi, which is famous for its Diesel engines in its road cars. Good for them. But as far as I'm concerned a Diesel engine just isn't sexy. You can call me a dinosaur for that view, ok. Diesel just doesn't do it for me. Maybe it's because I used to drive trucks and even used Diesel fuel to clean them.

F1 or Le Mans can run on any other fuel but Diesel and I'll be happy.

14. IanMac

IanMac Formula 3

Jul 26, 2006
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Ian
    I'm happy to do that but first....;)

I didn't say I admired diesel engines, although I don't think there is anything intrinsically wrong with them, for one thing they are more efficient than petrol engines. I was responding to your claim that Le Mans had been ruined by diesel engined cars - I was talking about racing, which is about getting round a track more quickly than your opponents.

You seem to be implying that you can have either diesel cars or real racing but not both and that is very evidently not the case. The Audis are competing against your "real racing cars" and beating them. If the Audis weren't competitive you'd have a case, but as things stand you should be rooting for all racing cars to be diesel because they are becoming faster than their petrol powered cousins ;) If a diesel powered car is quicker than a petrol one that, in my book, makes it the better racing car.

15. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I lived in Europe at that time. The Canadian and the US GP (remember Long Beach?) were "exotic" events to me as they aired late in the evening/night.

Of course in Europe F1 coverage was not an issue. You could pick and choose between the stations whether you wanted to hear it in German, French, English or Italian. We often tuned into the Austrians, they were so fanatic. :)

When I came to the US it was a bit of a shock: F1 coverage existed in reading some sports result buried in the back of the newspaper. Glad that those days are over.

16. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    US GP? You mean Watkins Glen... :)

17. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    As long as the rules are modified for the different technologies to promote competitiveness. I can understand domination for the 1st year, but after that, rules should be modified, unless the desire of the organizers is for the series to eventually make a full swap to that technology.

The domination of the diesels tells me that they need to have more restrictions, or that the organizers want everyone to switch to diesels. If the case is the latter, I think that would destroy the series, as I know I have no interest in seeing an "all-diesel" series, nor do I want to see only diesel powered teams dominating. Rules modifications are in order for this series, or it will die, unless the majority wants to see diesel racing.

18. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Thank you.

There is a place where I love to watch them Diesels: "Paris"-Dakar in the trucks' category.

And I like Van Diesel. :)

PS: I admit that the engine in the Le Mans Audis does look sexy. :) Just can't get my head around the idea of using that kind of fuel.

19. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005
    Please do not allow yourselves to be misled by so-called "Italian experts" on this board.

There is no general opposition of Ferrari fans or of the Italian sports press to Alonso coming to Ferrari; this is of course accompanied by a very different understanding of ethical and behavioural issues in F1. They still have a good laugh when they discuss the 1936 Tripoli GP (that was REAL cheating). But then people in Italy have been following F1 and Ferrari's fortunes since quite before MS came along (yes, Ferrari existed before MS), and understand both car racing and latin emotions very differently than most people on this board.

To summarize, there would be no negative reaction in Italy to Alonso joining Ferrari; it would probably be quite the opposite.

For perspective, here are the latest reactions to the Alonso news:

http://notizie.alice.it/notizie/sport/f1_mercato_alonso-ferrari_tutti_gli_scenari_della_trattativa,13190396.html?sgc=1&commentarioID=226902&type=list&messageID=1697296&start=0&perPage=10

http://www.paddock.it/index.php?method=section&action=zoom&id=7090

http://www.gazzetta.it/Motori/Formula1/Primo_Piano/2007/09_Settembre/20/smsrisposte.shtml

The last one is of particular interest: the famous journalist Pino Allievi writes in "La Gazzetta dello Sport", the largest sports daily in Italy, and he is clearly very favourable to Alonso coming over to Ferrari.

I am begining to hope...

20. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    It's amazing how many people here "own" the scuderia. I say yes, he'd be good for the team performance wise.

21. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    +1

22. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    While this is all interesting and fascinating, it is IMHO utterly pointless: Ferrari will hire whomever they see fit to do the job. They never cared about public opinion, because they know the masses will turn around once the victories come in.

Remember the Italian prime minister who compared MS to a NAZI soldier? He thought he had felt the pulse of the nation who originally was against hiring a "Kraut". Well, at that point MS had already won races and that comment quickly backfired and he had to take it back.

I still think FA goes to Renault and is only in talks with Ferrari to drive his price up. I don't think he wants another #1 (Kimi) next to him. He just had that unpleasant experience at McLaren.

23. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005
    Yes, I agree with all your points. As I said, I was just dreaming...

24. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004

I agree that a level playing field needs to be maintained by the rules. I think the same arguments could have been made when Renault brought the little 1.5 lit. turbo that kept blowing up against the 3 lit. NA engines. Once they got it to work, everyone went to 1.5 lit turbos and the 3 lit. NA was considered an engine that only the "poor" teams ran.

25. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yes I agree with this,

Thats why I don,t care where the weazel ends up.