Does anyone actually drive their Ferrari's in the Midwest? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Does anyone actually drive their Ferrari's in the Midwest?

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by hoffmeister, Nov 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    Hey skip,
    I was pulling out of the gas station on 104 next to Burger King in Spring Lake.
    He was headed to 96 but I couldn't catch up. Yes, probably into GR.

I could only do the mandatory roll the window down real quick and hope to savor some sounds!

2. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Hey Jesse what part of Indiana are you from?

3. hoffmeister

hoffmeister Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Baghdad...again
    Full Name:
    Jesse
    I live near Muncie. About 15 minutes from BSU but also right off of I-69 so I can be in Indy in 20 minutes or so.

-Jesse

4. skipgt4

skipgt4 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    GR Michigan
    Full Name:
    Charles VDB
    Bill,
    talked to a friend last night and he said one of the family members of the company in Ada has a light gray 550. Maybe it was him?
    How is work going. We should find a time to go to lunch before you are all done here. -Skip

5. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    Could very well be Skip. I drove past that business today and low and behold, there was the nose of a 550 visible by the guard shack. Nice drive to work car!

Good detective work on your part too!

6. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
    i was in Michigan a year or so ago and saw a 550 Maranello in the snow on woodward avenue and during the Dream Cruise there were TONS of Ferraris not to mention the Enzo :)

7. umsneeze

umsneeze Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Hey-I stumbled across this today while "working."
    Anyway, I live in Ann Arbor, and would be up for getting together for a Ferrari drive sometime next spring. I've seen a few others around here, but agree, most seem to hide in the garage (I'm guilty of that as well unfortunately). I'm actually from Indianapolis originally and bought the car there from a friend who moved up to a 348 Spyder. I've been to a couple of the Indy Ferrari club meets, but back in the 1994-95.
    Anyone in Southeast Michigan interested?

8. MILotus

MILotus Karting

May 20, 2004
    Lansing, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    On April 16th there will be a track day at Gingerman sponsered by Oppenheimer. We get the day on the track, they get an hour or so of our time at lunch to describe Oppenheimer's products. Went this past Oct and had a great time. I will have the Ferrari and the Lotus there in April. PM me if you would like anymore details.
    Matt

9. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Is this a general track meet or a fcar club meet? I like seeing other cars as well as fcars!

10. MILotus

MILotus Karting

May 20, 2004
    Lansing, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    There will be a little bit of eveything there I hope. Last time there were Loti, a Porsche, a ferrari, bimmers, and mustangs. Just a laid back day at the track.

11. boxerboy

boxerboy Karting

Dec 4, 2003
    Hi umsneeze...I live in Ann Arbor also on the NE side and had the Boxer out today for a short but quick run on 23 & 94. Not much fun, too many Sunday drivers. At one time there were actually 3 cars abreast on I-94 with no one passing. I think most of them are brain dead. At any rate, please e-mail me if you want to meet. [email protected]. There are actually a few Ferrari's in the area and we meet semi-regularly.
    dave wexall

12. MILotus

MILotus Karting

May 20, 2004
    Lansing, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Let me know if something is going on in Ann Arbor as we get ouver that way fairly often and we could swing over in the F car.
    Matt

13. davey_jones

davey_jones Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2002
    wherever it's sunny
    Full Name:
    Dave

Yea, we took that in that little parking lot right off fall creek. I had a blast that day too!

I agree with Jesse I wonder if half the cars just sit in people's garages...
    I did come up behind a yellow 355 a couple weeks ago. I think the guy was shocked another ferrari was behind him. Talked with him for a couple minutes and looked at his car, seemed like a nice guy.

I wouldn't mind hooking up with some other owners or f-chatters around here... I know they are out there..

dave
    indy

* did you bring earplugs?

14. davey_jones

Sep 28, 2002
    wherever it's sunny
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Be careful trying to pass Jesse, he throws garbage out his window to keep you behind him!!!! Burger King bags, Sonic milkshakes, you name it - ain't no one getting around him!!!

15. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
    i know there are tons and tons of Ferrari owners in Michigan just some might not visit the forum. There are a lot in the Bloomfield hills area and the Ferrari dealer is on orchard lake rd. in west blookfield. I would contact Jeff Cauley for info on meets and such. He would be more then happy to arrange something.

16. hoffmeister

hoffmeister Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Baghdad...again
    Full Name:
    Jesse
    I only throw stuff at you because of all the noise your mufflerless eardrum breaker (aka 348 w/ challenge exhaust) makes when passing!!!

LOL

17. Dan Ciezniewzky

Dan Ciezniewzky Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2004
    Indianapolis
    lol :). I've seen a 348 on Shadelon before (around 75th St), maybe it was you. hoffmeister seeems busy in the near future. Are you, or any other Ferrari owners, going for a ride anytime soon?? I know there's alot of rain comin, so the next week or so might be wet :(.

18. davey_jones

Sep 28, 2002
    wherever it's sunny
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I'd give you a ride but I don't think this weather is going to break for awhile....

Shadeland? Probably was me. I've seen a 348 hardtop going north on Binford
    a couple times. If there's no grill on the taillights, then it was me.

19. Dan Ciezniewzky

BANNED

Sep 6, 2004
    Indianapolis
    bump, well sorta.....dammit no one ever comes here, we should be combined with the Chicago section.

20. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    You are all certainly Welcome in the Chicago section. We are planning a couple drives for next Year that will take us all over the Midwest. (And,Indy for the GP and Ferrari Nationals)

We also encounter Many Ferrari's out on the Road,here in the Chicago Area,and Surrounding 'Burbs,that apparently do not Check out FChat.

We started a "Spotted" Thread a long time ago. And,VERY Seldom does anyone acknowledge that it was them that was "Spotted". So,there are apparently many Ferrari's here in the Chicago Area that we still ned to "get on Board"....

21. diode

diode Rookie

Dec 5, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Steve

Dan...

Come a bit north of of 96th street. There are two 360's in the Fishers area that I see often enough to suppose they're almost daily drivers (at least when the weather is good). There's also a blue 355 up around Noblesville. If you head east into Carmel, there are a lot more to be seen.

22. Dan Ciezniewzky

BANNED

Sep 6, 2004
    Indianapolis

Sweet!!! I've seen a blue 360 Spider a few times around 96th and also in the Hamilton Proper neighborhood area, and a red Modena around 106th and also the Hamitlon Proper neighborhood area, and quite a few 355's around Geist. Recently, I've tried to stay out of Fishers and deffently out of Carmel since they are the only places I've even been pulled over in, and most of Carmel has a 30 moh speed limit!!!!!
    Where in Carmel do you usually see Ferraris? I have yet to see any there, which didn't make sence to me.
    Also, WYI, beware of Camero's in Fishers. The FPD has a white and sliver one,. The cop in the white one followed me for 4 miles on my ass the whole time and weaving over the center line in a school zone until he pulled me over and gave me 5 tickets!!!!!! Then he yelled at me like a jellious SOB telling me that I didn't deserve to own my car (a NSX). Saw him a few hours ago trying to egg an SUV to run a red, what a pathetic MF'er.

23. diode

diode Rookie

Dec 5, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Dan,

We're seeing the same two 360's, I think. Both of them run back and forth across 106th on a regular basis. The red one pulled in next to my Porsche at the bank at 96th and Lantern this summer. A very nice car, indeed. Most of the F-cars I've seen in Carmel were between 96th and 116th from Keystone to the west. 348's, 355's and one or two front engine 12's... but that's been some time ago. I don't go over to Carmel much anymore.

Ditto on a few 355's over at what used to be the Blue Heron on Geist. There used to be a Lambo Countach over there from time to time as well.

Thanks for the heads up on the two Camaros. I've seen them both. Like Carmel, Fishers has way too many cops with with too much time on their hands. I'd complain to the Taj Mahal headquarters over on 116th -- but they're an arrogant bunch over there -- so don't expect much. Nice thing about having the black 996 is that it doesn't seem to get their blood pressure up like the red Italian car I want some day. On the other hand, it's a booger to keep clean.

24. mwg

mwg Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    I have a 360 and a 275 GTB4 and drive them both as often as I can. I actually have been driving the 275 more than the 360 lately! I often head out on the country roads where it is not stop and go traffic.

25. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    mwg- are you from the Plymouth/Ann Arbor area? I have seen a silver 275 GTB4 driving on Curtis Road between North Territorial and Ann Arbor Road a few times. Do you have any pics of your 275 that you could post? I love the 275. What a beautiful automobile.