Does anyone know this 575m? | FerrariChat

Does anyone know this 575m?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by T B 13, Jun 19, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. T B 13

T B 13 Rookie

Jun 18, 2018
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    TSB
    Howdy all,
    I'm new to the forum and am currently looking to buy this maranello. Does anyone happen to know this car? I'm planning to run a ppi regardless but I was just curious to see if anyone here knows something more about it. Thank you all in advance.
    http://eurocaroc.com/listings/2003-ferrari-575m-maranello/

2. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    #2 F355 Fan 82, Jun 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    Steal of a price. Nice to see a fellow young person, your profile says 35, want one, I bought mine last nov for $104k w/brand new belts + battery, red/tan w/20k miles. Im 32 myself, just like i thought guys our age would start wanting these :) If it needs belts have them throw it in, its $2500-3k for the belts alone, battery is 350ish so have them throw in a new one anyways too that car has been for sale a while, was listed at $120k not long ago. Also make sure last time clutch was changed they did a full clutch change not just the disc, lots of people like to cheap out on that, Im dealing with the headache of missing that on mine, clutch position sensor just went bad, car has been in the shop 10 days now waiting for the part to come from overseas, gonna cost me almost $4k(we're changing the throwout bearings too now since everything is out) but that stuff is all usually done when the clutch is changed but previous owner of mine cheaped out.

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Not on my list, but here is a list showing when 575M upgrades were made.

Welcome to Ferrari Chat.

Attached Files:

4. T B 13

T B 13 Rookie

Jun 18, 2018
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    TSB
    Thanks so much for the feedback. They have extensive service records of the car showing that the belts were changed at 20k miles. Also, the sticky parts were taken care off. They didn't know the remaining life of the clutch but independently of that, I will run a ppi to make sure the car checks out from all aspects. I'll probably trade in my '08 GT3 for it, which I love, so the car better be good :)

5. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    It's not about the miles, its about time, every 5 years, see when the belts were last changed still.

Best car I've ever had, I've had a murcielago, I have an SLR now too, yes its triple the price, but the 575 is the better car imo and honestly which one looks better, is more comfortable its the 575 hands down. You're gonna love the car, its very comfortable and thats pretty underrated in a ferrari, I use it as my car to run errands in, it was so good I decided it would be my daily driver and its been awesome.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. T B 13

T B 13 Rookie

Jun 18, 2018
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    TSB
    Very nice cars. Congrats!

7. mathewr

mathewr F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2011
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Wheel Guru
  8. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
  9. mathewr

mathewr F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2011
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Wheel Guru
    For sake of good order please reach out at [email protected]

Cheers, Mat

10. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    i'd get that thoroughly inspected....

Chupacabra likes this.
  11. mathewr

mathewr F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2011
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Wheel Guru

Please mind the spelling of the email.

12. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    Mat, I only saw the pic of them in the dustbag, I actually wanted the red set if you had one of those. I picked up these off ebay a few months back and it was wasted money bc they're in pretty mediocre shape the seller did not state properly, kinda happy to see the seller having trouble selling his car still he deserves it for misrepresenting the low quality shape these are in.....so I was hoping for this color scheme, didn't notice yours were black :( sorry
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. mathewr

mathewr F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2011
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Wheel Guru
    No problem, PM me if needed, don't want to hijack the OP thread any further :)

OP, I hope all goes well with the PPI. I figure if you can get it for around $90K your good to go.

14. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    I bought mine 3 years ago when I was 29. Few reasons...limited depreciation, unique (around here, 458s and F12s were a common sighting), manual gearbox, classic styling.

I didn't think I'd keep it this long, now I don't see a scenario where I sell it.

F355 Fan 82 likes this.