Does it harm a Mondial top to be left down for long periods? | FerrariChat

Does it harm a Mondial top to be left down for long periods?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by OCFerrari, Mar 9, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. OCFerrari

OCFerrari Karting

Jan 20, 2009
    With Porsche cabs, the owners manual says to not leave the cab top down for extended periods of time, because it may cause permanent creases in the top.

Anything similar for the Mondial? Do you guys leave your tops down for extended periods without harm? Given my garage(s) situation, the weather in my area and my use, I doubt I will ever have a need to put the top up.

2. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Depends on how long. Years would be bad, months are not so bad. It will get harder to properly raise and lock the top. Best option is to raise the top periodically and leave the top up.

3. JF308

JF308 Formula 3

Jan 17, 2007
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    John Feeney
    conventional wisdom is to leave the top up.

You dont necessarily have to have it buttoned up totally tight, but if you leave the top down, it will crease, and could possibly shrink a bit.

I've only left it down for a week or so, and most often store it in the up, loosely latched position.

There are a couple good threads out there regarding the operation of the top. Do a search....I even posted one awhile back with photos.

Regards, John