Does It Pain You To Find An Abandoned Child? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Does It Pain You To Find An Abandoned Child?

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by ghost, Mar 22, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Got your email. Yep, that's 3589GT alright. Used for practice by a Texas high school shop class for a while before being shipped to Ohio where it was left to rot in a field. See an earlier discussion here.

2. shaughnessy

shaughnessy Formula 3

Apr 1, 2004
    Wolfeboro NH
    Full Name:
    Thomas E Shaughnessy
    Thomas,
    you need to BYOB, or pay the $6.50 you owe from the last party!

And stay away from my sister, I told you the last time!!!

Yes, you can get your parts at the party, but I am not cleaning them, other customers to serve.

Now who is coming for the Dino????
    Freeman, Kurt, who else will be there??
    Need a head count for chips and liquor

3. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aw jeez.

I'd be right out for the Dino, except my Lear jet is out of timing and needs a can of compression. Maybe a forsner valve and some ball bearings, too. (oops, that's the movie line thread.)

I can Fedex the chips, if that'll help.

Find those window frame bits for me when you're parting out that Dino, ok?

DM

4. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Hey Tom.

Lots of guesses now as to what it's worth. So, what's it worth?

We know it's worth less than $100K all fixed up, so with what it needs, what's it worth as a restoration project? How about as parts?

DM

5. shaughnessy

shaughnessy Formula 3

Apr 1, 2004
    Wolfeboro NH
    Full Name:
    Thomas E Shaughnessy
    Dave no problem on the window frames at the party, but I can not give out trade secrets either, Hint north of $35K

I will not divulge, even if I drink too much Liquor.

Thanks for RSVP, Freeman called his in. Anymore Dino guys

PF coupe: Thomas, Helms, John V. can not come, hates the sight of blood

Anyone else?? new guys come along. No one bites, we all wear name tags, demolition tools only used on the cars. Friendly crowd, Don't be shy

6. davehelms

davehelms F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Dave Helms
    "I honestly don't know the history of Tom's e-bay car, but DID he offer it up for sale AS IS so that any particular person could buy the car complete with engine and save it?
    If not, then that pretty much indeed makes it HIS fault that the car was chopped apart. I don't think anybody put a gun to his head and forced him to sell the engine to some replica builder in Switzerland."

Tom, I cant believe you didnt try to sell it intact. Think of it, you could have advertised a frozen engine, unknown drive train, frozen brakes........, and then asked for offers north of $50K. What the heck were you thinking? You could have sat on that and spent dozens of hours showing the car to prospects and stored it for an extra year or 2 before the sale. You have to think these things through a little better before you close the sale.
    Heck, what about parting a SeFAC SWB and build a GTE from the bits? Inside plug engines? Sure, why not.
    Dave

7. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    Nobody has yet to explain why some guy in Switzerland would offer to buy an engine that was "frozen" and in such bad condition that it could not be rebuilt.

8. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Mantle piece.

9. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    No one said it couldn't be rebuilt. And, I'm sure any self-respecting SWB guy would *want* to rebuild it with a bunch of high performance pieces, rather than putting a stock GTE engine in.

Of course, Arlie, you're not really looking for an answer, are you?

10. xs10shl

xs10shl Formula 3

Dec 17, 2003
    San Francisco
    Not my fault your sister finds me irresistible. Can't blame her, really.

Clean parts, dirty parts - all the same to me. Just so long as the serial number is ground off the block prior to delivery.

11. kare

kare F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Nov 11, 2003
    There will not be a last laugh. I - for one - will be sorry for those that didn't make it till the day I die.

Best wishes, Kare

12. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Me too ... oh well, if I can find one before the replica bastards get there you can have it from me that it will be restored, as original!

Pete
    My 1750GTV

13. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #138 bill365, Mar 28, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hey Freeman,
    I gotta have the headlamps and the horn button... I will remunerate in an amount matching your deal with Mr. S, If you tell me your preference in alcohol and chips, I'll buy, and as an added gesture of good will and good faith, I'll throw in my step sister free of charge! (image attached) She has a great sense of humor and I am sure that she would appreciate a man of sound breeding, such as yourelf. I know that Tom has already displayed a highly protective nature regarding his sister.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. 8valve

8valve Formula 3

Sep 3, 2003
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mick A.
  15. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Freeman..... Are you there???

16. shaughnessy

shaughnessy Formula 3

Apr 1, 2004
    Wolfeboro NH
    Full Name:
    Thomas E Shaughnessy
    Back and apparently sold AGAIN

17. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    That car is so valuable that everybody wants to buy it but nobody wants to keep it. Can you say "cash cow"?