Does "tailor made" work for used Ferrari | FerrariChat

Does "tailor made" work for used Ferrari

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by AndrewYang0104, Aug 26, 2021.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AndrewYang0104

Aug 25, 2021
    Full Name:
    Andrew Yang
    I got a used F12 and I wish to customize it to my own. I always wanted to have a "tailor made" Ferrari, does the Ferrari "tailor made" program works on used car like my F12?

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I’m pretty certain that it’s a “no”, like 99% sure.
    For new cars only

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndrewYang0104 and SAFE4NOW like this.
  3. AshAP

AshAP Karting

Apr 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ash
    Anyone know if the special materials ie interior cloth, can be ordered for a 5 year old tailor made car to bring it back to A1 condition?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Very likely.

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  5. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Zanasi could be the route to go if you want to get as close to the "factory" as possible

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  6. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Taylor Made refers to the process / department an owner works with in building their new car.

I am 100% sure that you could contact your preferred Ferrari Dealership to work with the factory to have special interiors, accents, etc created for you.
    BUT... its going to take TIME and MONEY , more of each than make sense to most. But your question is, is there a factory option, the answer is yes.
    ( It most likely will not be Taylor Made, rather another department within the factory )

Now, can you do similar things locally, normally yes, for less money and less time.

Usually it can be, again , work through your Dealership. If they won't help, PM me.

Steve

7. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    No. Otherwise it defeats the purpose of Tailor Made, as well as the actual definition of such a process. Anything else is just a customized car.

AndrewYang0104 likes this.
  8. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    No offense intended but:

If you think that Ferrari would turn down the opportunity to take care of a Ferrari owners request to spend 10x thousands of dollars to have their interior updated top their liking, you are sorely mistaken. Isn't Classiche in of itself an extension of what Taylor Made now is? As long as you follow the guidelines
    ( ie: Period specific ) They will repaint, re-interior, your Ferrari , to your liking, AND provide you THE Redbook when its all said and done.

Having the factory perform updates, upgrades, or install additional " stuff " does not in of itself make a car a " Taylor Made " car. I am sorry if I implied that in a previous post.

But the factory and Dealership will 100% help most Ferrari owners make their Ferrari more special.

Steve

AndrewYang0104 and ShineKen like this.
  9. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck

I think you may have misunderstood my reply. I am not "sadly mistaken." I am very well aware of Ferrari's 'open bank' policy to accept as much money as they can and practically any way that they can. That is not the point. I never meant or said that the factory "...would turn down the opportunity to take care of a Ferrari owners request to spend 10x thousands of dollars..." Classiche is a whole other issue, and is not tailor made. They restore and modify/customize. Now if Ferrari or anyone else has decided to pervert or reinvent what they think the meaning of a "tailor made" item is, well that's their choice, but would still be incorrect. A tailor made... suit, pair of shoes, house, car, aircraft, boat, model, etc. is something being made new for the first time to a specific customers requirements. Not something years later upgraded or changed from how it was originally built.

10. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Where there's money, there's a way! Not tailor made but as mentioned Classiche might offer some things and Special Projects will take vehicles but I think there's like a $2mm or $3mm minimum spend. Zanasi might have some customization options.

I would just pay a local shop to customize it.

Welcome aboard - I also have both an F12 and a Giulia QV.

AndrewYang0104 and SAFE4NOW like this.
  11. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Who’s Zanasi?

12. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus

What’s the oldest Ferrari they take :) ?

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  13. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    “Tailor made” only refers to interiors correct?

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  14. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    SAFE4NOW likes this.
  15. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    All the way back to the first one made....

What might be considered is what is the newest or most recent Ferrari that they would take ... ( I don't know , but might ask )

Taylor Made includes interiors and materials as well as exterior paint configurations. ( Colors, graphics, designs, etc )

Steve

16. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
  17. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus

Are you telling me I can get 355 carbon seats through the program and whatever bits which were offered in the 355 interior as long as I show them the $$? If so, I’m in.

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  18. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    You still haven't found them!?! If it's true that Mercedes will build whatever part you want for whatever Benz they've ever made Ferrari needs to do the same. Especially considering their clients' spending ability and how many cars they've made still exist. A lot of money to be made there.

SAFE4NOW and ShineKen like this.
  19. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Unfortunately, I have not found them. They’re unobtanium! Tailor Made… take my money.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  20. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    I will ask

If you want , PM me your VIN.

And, did your car come with them or are you just wanting to add them to your car? ( Its what I am going to be asked )
    Or an option for your car, that was not chosen when new.

Steve

21. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    They did not come on my car, but they were offered on 355’s as an option from 95-99. On 99’s they came with the proper carbon weave we see on modern Ferraris, so I would prefer the ones from that MY. My VIN still necessary?

And yes, I DEFINITELY want to add them to my car :). Serious inquiry here.

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  22. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Yes please, only because its part of the inquiry process when I approach the factory with my / your ( our? ) request.

Steve

ShineKen likes this.
  23. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Ferrari will indeed do a full Tailor Made on a discontinued car like an F12, but it will be costly. A lot more than regular TM in fact. It will be pricy for two reasons. 1 The car will not be on a scheduled production line and will have to be taken apart.
    2 Ferrari will probably only take on this job if there's enough to earn from it. They already have a lower limit on regular TM, expect such a project such as this to demand a higher buy-in.

Getting Ferrari to do this would easily be a +100k Euro endeavour, if not twice that.

That's Tailor. Taylor is a name.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app