Does the 348 doors fit on 355 spider ? | FerrariChat

Does the 348 doors fit on 355 spider ?

Discussion in '348/355' started by GOODYES, Oct 7, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GOODYES

GOODYES Karting

Oct 7, 2017
    Barcelona, Spain (España)
    Full Name:
    Alejandro
    I love the 348 doors testarrossa styling. Does anyone know if I can get and put the doors from the 348 on the 355 spider ?

2. dvelez2

dvelez2 Karting

Jan 20, 2016
    Full Name:
    Daniel A. Velez
    It’s funny to read your post because even though I love the original look of my 348, I like the 355 air intakes better. Wonder if it would be easier just to swap the air intakes instead. I’d be willing to consider a trade of those parts. Let’s see what the community has to say.

3. pnicholasen

pnicholasen Formula 3

Jan 14, 2011
    South of Philly
    Full Name:
    Paul Nicholasen
    You don't need doors, you just need the hard plastic piece that is the lower half of the exterior door. The scoops for both cars fit exactly the same except for minor variations in the mounting points easily adapted with a few home made brackets. I know cause I have 355 panels on my 348. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my VS990 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. goose22b

goose22b Rookie

Aug 11, 2017
    Prosper, TX
    Full Name:
    Brett
    You're not alone Goodyes. I prefer the 348 doors as well :)

5. dvelez2

dvelez2 Karting

Jan 20, 2016
    Full Name:
    Daniel A. Velez
    Do you by any chance have pics of the modification/process of putting on the 355 scoops? I also wonder if anyone has shaved off the trips of the 348 air scoops?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. pnicholasen

pnicholasen Formula 3

Jan 14, 2011
    South of Philly
    Full Name:
    Paul Nicholasen
    Sorry, no pics. As I recall, there are 2 studs with nuts at the forward edge of the scoop that were exactly the same on both. The 348 panel has an ugly mounting screw right in the center of the panel that is not present on the 355 piece. The mounting studs and nuts along the bottom edge were not quite in the same location so with a few strips of steel or aluminum that can be bent with pliers, a couple smallish nuts and bolts and a drill and moderate sized bit it was fairly simple to adapt the new panel. It that seems too daunting, I'm sure any mechanic could figure out how to do it for only an hour or two of labor and about $6 of parts.

Sent from my VS990 using FerrariChat.com mobile app