Does this 1969 Ferrari 365 GTC still exist? | FerrariChat

Does this 1969 Ferrari 365 GTC still exist?

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Dr. K., Oct 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dr. K.

Dr. K. Karting

Mar 23, 2011
    Hello all,

Hans calling the community.

In 1975 I was a 19 year old school boy in a relatively small town in Germany.

Sportscars, specially italian ones, were not a common sight over there, but in summer 1975 our local playboy showed up in a blue-metallic Ferrari 365 GTC.
    He traded his 1966 Corvette at the famous importer Auto Becker in Düsseldorf for this italian beauty.

In the next couple of months he terrorised the neighborhood with this car, sometimes me and my friends at the co-drivers seat.
    I´ll never forget doing 120 Km/h second gear in town center.

In 1976 something broke at the rearend.
    He offered me the car for 6.500 DM (=1.500 $) as he already bought at Auto Becker a darkred/maroon Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Group IV, claiming it was an ex-le Mans car.
    I don´t know, if that was true, but it looked like one with very big wheels and open trumpets.

I could not afford the asking price for the 365 GTC as I just bought a Triumph TR6, but said to me "one day...".

Over the years I came close buying a 1975 Ferrari 365 GT4 BB (#18665), which is now with a very good friend as I switched over to 50ies/60ies Maseratis.

So my question over the years always was: Does this car still exist?

I don´t have any pictures (pre PC/Laptop time), but vividly remember details.

It was left hand drive, blue - metallic (middle, not celeste) with black leather interior and Borrani wire wheels.

The owner at the time was Richard Grüneweld and I still remember the german plate number: PB-KY 54.
    If old german paperwork (Kraftfahrzeugbrief) exists, it must be written down somewhere.

So. that´s all for the moment.

Best Greetings
    Hans Salm

2. nico308

nico308 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2011
  3. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    13855 belonged to the same French owner from 1974 until 1993.
    And it was not at Auto Becker.

Marcel Massini