Does this fuse board look ok? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Does this fuse board look ok?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Vee1234, Jul 15, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Matthew 6:19

Matthew 6:19 Karting

Dec 19, 2018
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    I agree that this is largely true. I do, however, think its possible to do general comparisons based on individual car, miles, condition, etc ... but at the end of the day, its still an individual's evaluation of all these factors. As I've continued to look at Mondials for sale since I purchased mine, I'm convinced I did well on the initial purchase. The simple fact is that its expensive to maintain these cars, and expensive to get them back up to stnuff when they've sat for a while, which many of them unfortunately have.

2. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    In Europe and the UK the older Ferraris are quite manageable in costs. Often I raise an eyebrow on the price on the exact same part in Europe, which could be 50% less then the US price. Luckily we have EuroSpares, SuperFormance and Redbaycars around the corner. Italy however is ridiculously expensive and we often, when we have a trip in Italy we have parts express shipped over to us when a Ferrari breaks down and then it is still more cheap.

Last trip a coil died on us of a 360 and the Italian new price was around 300 USD while in The Netherlands the exact same new Bosch part was 75 USD. In the end of the next day with express shipment and a total of 105 USD the 360 was back on the road again.

3. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    Put Fiat signes on 1....:D

348KYD likes this.
  4. Vee1234

Vee1234 Rookie

Jul 15, 2020
    Post auction blues! the one that got away or the bullet dodged? .... I will never know but really appreciate your collective advice and input. I have always warmed to Mondial's and this forum makes a purchase that much more appealing.

From my previous classic car experience I've been served well by buying condition rather than spec.. would you chaps agree ie a sorted 'lower spec' would be more enjoyable than 'higher spec' car thats been sat for 4 years without service history etc etc?

5. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    Personally I do not look this way at (classic) cars. I look at certain things keeping in mind that I do a lot myself. From a simple trim to a blown head gasket, but I separate two things, mechanics and body/Interior. Either of the two needs to be good and I rather have a good body/interior.
    - How does the body look, Preferable little to none rust.
    - Does it need a repaint.
    - How does the engine run. (for me Official service records are not important)
    - How does the transmission shift or sound
    - Any weird sounds in general like wheel bearing
    - Road behavior
    - The owner itself. Was (s)he technical or not or

Depending on these factors I make my offer, walk away or what I want to spend max.

6. 348KYD

348KYD Karting

Jul 29, 2007
    Bedfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nick
    I've always thought a car is worth what someone is prepared to pay for it, but I'm not so sure with something you are passionate about, the heart rules the head and you overpay (yes I did !!!!)

Matthew 6:19 likes this.
  7. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    Of course! :) I overpaid at the time as well (not much) as I got fond on the red interior when I saw the (mine now) Mondial the first time. But you need to keep a level of sanity and you need at least room between 2,5/5K of extra spending on unexpected things.

8. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    I did have a look at my invoices from 2003 until today.
    Total is 12K (euro) included :
    4 New aftermarked wheels 17" with PZero Rosso,
    Complet set Fer.Baum tools,
    4 New TRX Michelin tyres + 2 new Pzero Nerro
    1 drop gear,
    all oil and liquid changes during 17 years
    all little bits and pieces for general maintenance.
    So I spend 1K each year in total.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    I think I am around this amount too, but then 7yrs! Most of the money was spend in the first year(s).