Dome light | FerrariChat

Dome light

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Cadillacbart, Oct 4, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cadillacbart

Cadillacbart Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    John
    1988 Mondial Cabriolet.
    Noticed today that the dome light didn’t come on when I opened either door. The light still works if I move the switch to the “on” position, and stays out in the center “ off” position. The door switches seems to work too, as far as controlling the puddle lights on the bottoms of the doors and the red marker lights on the rear of the doors.
    I’m guessing this may have something to do with the timer that keeps the dome light on for several seconds after closing the doors. I don’t know where that controller lives in the car.

Any advice here is welcome. Hoping someone else has had a similar experience that they solved.

John

paulchua likes this.
  2. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    First thing to do is to clean the contacts in the A-pillars. Then check the floor and door lights if no lamp is broken. If that's of no help, then check connections on the fuseboard: follow the red/black wires through connectors C8 and C9 and check fuse #9 and #5 on the board

paulchua likes this.
  3. Cadillacbart

Cadillacbart Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks,
    Removed and reseated both fuses. That did the trick. I cleaned them up with a bit of deoxit for good measure. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

paulchua likes this.
  4. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    The deoxit is amazing stuff. Often contact corrosion is almost unnoticable but even a thin surface oxidation affects the electrical flow. The delay timer looks like a relay, it is under the passenger footwell, under the carpet there is a metal panel, remove the screws and there are various bits including the timer.

paulchua likes this.