Donnie Callaway remains in custody Phoenix AZ. Grand Jury Indictment | Page 12 | FerrariChat

Donnie Callaway remains in custody Phoenix AZ. Grand Jury Indictment

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by shaughnessy, Apr 11, 2024.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Cowboy Capitol of the World
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    People like Donnie make it very hard for the honest people in the business. To be honest I hope he gets shived in the county jail and saves everyone the cost of a trial.
    I would love to be able to say that to his face.

davemqv, TheMayor, twinpalms and 2 others like this.
  2. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

This guy is a textbook sociopath. I’m surprised that he hasn’t been “disappeared” from crossing the wrong people.

InnerLimits and MaranelloMark like this.
  3. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Hes already half way out to the desert.

A friend who used to work for Francisco Mir at Ferrari in Santa Monica told me one of those types of customers told him once "Don't be surprised if when you come to work one morning you have to park a little further away to keep your car from sliding into the big hole in the ground where this place was".

Back hoes are a bunch easier.

4. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

I mean “disappeared” permanently. Against his will. Being in the desert might even facilitate that.

MaranelloMark likes this.
  5. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    #280 Rifledriver, Apr 23, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2024
    Oh I get it. The desert is a very popular place for that.

Up north they had to settle for a body of water and a small block Chevy ankle bracelet. I suspect thats why there are great whites out by the Farallons.

6. twinpalms

twinpalms Rookie

Apr 12, 2021
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Scott Nathan
    Where did you learn about Domestic violence. Burglary. Arson. Drugs? I can't find anything on those charges.

7. twinpalms

twinpalms Rookie

Apr 12, 2021
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Scott Nathan
    Go visit him in jail and tell him. I'm thinking about it myself. Phoenix isn't too far a drive and only an hour flight.

davemqv, TheMayor and shaughnessy like this.
  8. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Post #5.

shaughnessy likes this.
  9. 1Superleggera

1Superleggera Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2011
    North East
    Full Name:
    Scott

People like that, I don’t think there is anything you can say. there’s nothing they can learn. All you can do is prevent them from ripping off more people, hopefully through jail.

i’ve known two guys, in two different types of businesses, that were cons like this. Both of them were smooth talkers and somewhat charismatic. They both ripped off a lot of people and no one would talk about it. No one ever wants to tell anybody they got ripped off. So, these cons can do quite well.

What seems to be common with these people though is they don’t know when to stop. So, they usually go bust.

Juan-Manuel Fantango likes this.
  10. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Art at EAG had no divers license. Donnie had no license to repair cars. Texas has no licensing available or required for car repair.

Doug. likes this.
  11. Camila

Camila Rookie

Apr 24, 2024
    Full Name:
    C. Bolognia
    I am sorry for the women in his life. He scammed them too, I am sure...I have heard stories.

12. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    First post. LOL

turbo-joe likes this.
  13. TheMayor

TheMayor Ten Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I cannot tell you just how much I agree with your statement about making it harder for honest people in this business. It is the hardest part of starting and maintaining an auto repair business.

People who have sloppily run shops with poor paperwork / documentation and do shady things hurts the people who really try to help customers. Sometimes you get screwed too, but more often its a mutual benefit for the client, their car, and the shop.

turbo-joe, crinoid and NGooding like this.
  14. TheMayor

TheMayor Ten Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Gee I hope Matt Farah sees this. Maybe he can make another pathetic video about his good friend Donnie. I might actually cry.

Camila and FERRARI-TECH like this.
  15. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    His video is one of the most cringeworthy I’ve ever seen.

davemqv, ggjjr, TheMayor and 2 others like this.
  16. Camila

Camila Rookie

Apr 24, 2024
    Full Name:
    C. Bolognia
    His father's name was John Callaway. Donnie boy never lived in Beverly hills, he is not from Hawaii, he was born in Van Nuys, he does not live in Malibu, he lives in the desert. His father was an alcoholic that built a skylight business and lost everything. Donny built a life of deception and corruption.

17. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    similar thing happened with Terry Myr here in michigan. Turns out he was cheaper than others because was he wasn't paying taxes! I'd be shocked if Donnie paid his taxes properly too.

Boxerpilot likes this.
  18. fiatosca

fiatosca Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2013
    Bloomfield Hills, MI
    Full Name:
    Bob B
    The difference is that Terry is an extremely capable and honest Ferrari mechanic who treats his customers and their cars with respect.

375+ likes this.
  19. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Far more believable. I'd venture to bet an examination of Donnies life would reveal a long history of very little truth. He has always had a need to be more than he really was. Sadly not all that uncommon.

20. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Yes. I see the 2 stories and lives as vastly different.
    One was a tax evader. The other was a sociopath.

375+ and fiatosca like this.
  21. DWR46

DWR46 Formula 3
    Honorary

Jun 19, 2012
    Terry Myr was an very good, honest mechanic who was also a very poor business man. This is not uncommon in the craft trades.

Doug., christc, peterp and 4 others like this.
  22. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    #297 Ferraripilot, Apr 25, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2024
    I dunno, I hear being homeless in LA is quite a good life nowadays, seems too good for him

23. Ferraripilot

Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    I would think there would be teams of mechanics at that hangar searching for parts to piece these things together enough to where they can be transported. Anyone know if most of the cars sitting there have been successfully moved? My gosh what a situation, awful that this dude is just now getting caught and that it appeared to be a knock down drag out fight with the cops to get anyone to even take the case.

Fotsyr and MaranelloMark like this.
  24. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Im betting as disorganized as the place was the parts are not even all there. Some were used on other jobs, some are at who knows what machine shop, upholsterer, powder coater etc. Every car there will be a complete cluster #### to put back together. I was asked by a, lets call it an estate to pick up from a private garage 150 miles away a partially disassembled 550. Suspension was apart, engine out, highly modified and not all the parts for it were even ordered. Transaxle supported by a floor jack and parts everywhere. They wanted it picked up, reassembled and put in sellable condition. I told them $100,000, half up front + parts. It would have been a monumental mess to complete. They decided on plan B. Every car from Donnies will be the same.

davemqv and 19633500GT like this.
  25. Ferraripilot

Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    By the way the scam sounds I wouldn’t be surprised if much of the disarray was entirely on purpose, likely even going so far as to keep parts at different locations. Most cars left in a state so they cannot can even roll without several items. Cars will be forklifted out of there. What a nightmare

I’ve heard stories about Don Fong and this sounds very much like a Don Fong style story even though it’s not

InnerLimits likes this.